Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of this setup?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

You're thoughts on this setup please?!!?!? :):)

ITEM DISCRIPTION

Keyboard Logitech G15 Gaming keyboard.
    Mouse Razer Habu 2000dpi.
    Mousemat Razer Double sided Eactmat (speed/control).
    Motherboard EVGA nForce 780i SLI 3x(PCI-e16).
    Graphics card 2x EVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB GDDR3, SuperClocked [SLI].
    Power supply 700W Jeantech Storm.
    RAM 2x2Gb OCZ SLI PC6400.+
    2x1Gb Duel-in-line kingston DDR2.
    Processor 2.83GHz Intel Core2 Quad (Q9550).
    CPU Cooler Thermaltake Blue Orb II.
    Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1.
    Headphones Razer Barracuda 5.1 Channel Gaming Headphones w/mic.
    Monitor 22 inch widescreen LG monitor.
    Case Thermaltake Armor Jr.
    Lights 2x Blue cool cathodes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Any reason you've got 2 different types of RAM in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Eh. I'm really just using the OCZ 4GB cause I'm still running 32bit. Wont use the other till I slap on the 64bit soon.

Eh. I'm really just using the OCZ 4GB cause I'm still running 32bit. Wont use the other till I slap on the 64bit soon.

While I've never tried myself, mixing RAM is *supposedly* bad so I'd do some research on it before doing so.

Well I know that if you put in RAM with different speeds, the system will run on the slower speed, thus slowing down your system rather than making it better.

At the mo I'm content with the OCZ memory, 4 gig's seems like plenty and I don't wanna go 64bit until it becomes more of a standard.

What do you think about the rest of the build though?

Well I know that if you put in RAM with different speeds, the system will run on the slower speed, thus slowing down your system rather than making it better.

At the mo I'm content with the OCZ memory, 4 gig's seems like plenty and I don't wanna go 64bit until it becomes more of a standard.

What do you think about the rest of the build though?

Rest of the build seems fine. By 64 bit I'm presuming you mean Vista. I've got the same OS running on the same memory and it works great with it. No real need to add in more RAM imo. I've also never had any problems running any programs with 64 bit.

• Advertisement

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Rest of the build seems fine. By 64 bit I'm presuming you mean Vista. I've got the same OS running on the same memory and it works great with it. No real need to add in more RAM imo. I've also never had any problems running any programs with 64 bit.

Good to know, might make the jump to 64bit soon then, thanks for the great input.

Good to know, might make the jump to 64bit soon then, thanks for the great input.

No problem. I've yet to come across anything that doesn't work. Any games I play on it are usually through steam and they work fine.

Advertisement