Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car clocking, shocker

Options
  • 14-07-2008 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

on saturday i was talking to a guy about his car. he bought it two years ago with 40,000 miles on it and in the two years, had done about 20,000 miles.

it was an import, with no service history, and he had bought it from a "garage" in finglas. when i seen the sticker for this garage i decided to check it out.

it had been imported by this "garage" 2 years ago with 110,000 miles on it from the uk (as per carhistorycheck.ie). when he bought it, it had 40,000 miles on it. i nearly fell off my chair.

the said "garage" has since closed its doors and reopened under a new name. all staff are the same and it has the same manager. as far as i can remember, they we're proven to be doing this on primetime also.

can i name and shame them? please? pretty please? surely i can name their old garages name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

While you could possibly prove the past clocking, you have no proof that this dealer is up to it again. Yet your post implies just that.

So no, you can't name them ...as your implication could be interpreted as slander / libel and cause trouble for boards.

Sucks ...I know ...but that's the way it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement