Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garage Swap??

Options
  • 14-07-2008 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering..
    im trying to get rid of my car but i dont want to upgrade.
    i have a 1.5 almera HB and at the minute i use it about twice a week.
    its just a little expensive to run at the minute.

i was wondering if i brought it to a garage and said i wanted to swap this for a smaller car of same value etc would they do it?

bear in mind, its a 03, under 60,000 on the clock and has a dint in the door that can be knocked out if ya have the right connections, i just dont have the money to do it.

thanks

E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm not sure a garage would want the hassle of trading one car for another without making any money out of it. Unless they can trade you a car of lesser value and then sell yours.
    You could try swapping it on adverts.ie or buyandsell.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

It's gonna be very hard to make a 'straight swap' make any kind of financial sense. I don't see how a 1.5 Almera is gonna be that hard to run anyway.

Unless you can sell privately and buy straight perhaps. Too much hassle for little or no benefit IMO...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I agree with the lads above, it won't be worth you while doing it. Try selling it privately if you want to get rid of it!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In fairness to garages, they are in business. They can't afford to let people come in and swap cars for nowt!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

At the best of times it might have cost you a small amount to swap. In the current plight though no chance I would say.

No offence to the OP but Almeras are a dime a dozen and supply outstrips demand on the second hand market.

• Advertisement
Advertisement