Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH prices gone crazy on your server also?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if other server's are having the same problem as the server im on. Prices of all goods have gone crazy since patch 2.4 & also S4 arena gear. 20 Herbs in AH are close to 100g, same for gems ect... Buff food also at crazy prices all the way up to 100g, ore same.... very much anything u want to buy you need to pay 100g. Great time if your a gather.

I do not do dailys so my money is starting to go lower and lower the more raids i do. As i need to replace pots, elixers, flasks ect..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I know the feeling, prices on dragonblight suck aswell!
    Its not as expensive as your server by the sounds of it but its still mental.

5% super mana pots are about 20g on dragonblight. Food buffs and other stuff like elixir's are mental too.
    Its actually forced me to stop raiding for the last while as i simply cant afford it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's gone gradually up since the dailies. Gold is so easy to grind. But at the same point, you can sell your stuff in AH for much more now. So farm some mats while you're on your travels - Check AH for their average price, you'll be suprised how much you can make.

That all assumes you have the free time to grind and do dailys.
    I get about 5 minutes free time in wow from when i log on till when raid invites start. Ive been kept going the last 6 months by mates funding me, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Wow will go into a recession soon if those damn sellers don't lower their prices :pac:

Yeah I did notice a slight increase on my server maybe by 10g on a few items I'd regularly buy but nothing that serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Well on the server im on its about 20% horde and 80% ally. So maybe this also is affecting the AH price.

Primal fire at around 60g the last time i checked. Water and Air around 45 and if lucky can get them at 30 but that would be someone selling it at the old price. Even primal eath 10g and that used to sell for 3g each.

Its not going to effect my raiding just yet. Prob could last a few months to be honest as i have 10k gold :) "and no i never bought gold". But i don't have any picking profession and i stoped doing dailys since i became exalted on that sunwell island.. so thats a long time ago.

A week of raiding will cost me around 500g easy maybe more sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

on my realm all the primals havent really changed, the only thing that has changed is a handful of tossers buying out 80% of all the lower level greens, up to about level 40ish and selling items valued at about 3g for about 50g.

some tossers tried to do the same a while ago and obviously lost out cuz it only lasted a week or so.

i have no problem with people playing the ah for gold but to do soemthing as blatent and as sly as that really annoys the hell outta me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Level and alt with skinning and grind basilisks on the east coast of zangarmarsh til you're like level 66

buff food+skin = $$$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Got my mage to 59 today, and have over 700g without putting any major effort towards making/saving gold. Stacks of mithril and thorium bars go for 35g+ on jaedenar. I know the economy is different since before TBC, but I can never remember being able to sell mithril for more than 6g a stack when levelling my warrior 2 years ago. Is this not a bit crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

some ppl just dont care about the price...for example :)

last night i sold 5stacks of knothide leather for 25g each :p thats just crazy like. I was out of the game for 5months and came back last night. some of the prices are gone fairly stupid though

wats your in game name lordchessington. im on jaedenar aswell

here's a trick..

go get a ton of mageweave, 9 stacks say.
    put 4 stacks up for 88s buyout
    put 1 stack up for 88g buyout

profit.

mageweave.jpg

• Advertisement

Ive seen people doing that before drake and to be honest i find it completely underhanded and ****ty of any player who does that kinda thing. In my opinion its just as bad as people who scam other players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

That's pretty scummy alright Drake. Then again, if anybody is stupid enough to fall for that, they deserve to be parted with their gold:P

well yeah i do in a way agree that if a player falls for it, then its their own fault.
    But then again, thats how a lot of scammers work. They play on the stupidness of other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

I think with people getting new gear from either Arena or nerfed content has probably helped drive up AH prices. People buying gems, enchants etc.

Couple that with the greater amount of Gold in circulation due to the amount of easy dailies to do, it devalues Gold also. Combine those and you get what you see on the AH today imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

DRakE wrote: »
    here's a trick..

go get a ton of mageweave, 9 stacks say.
    put 1 stack up for 88g buyout

profit.

that's Alliance for ya :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Auctioneer/appraiser is your friend in this case , the red 999% percent(i.e how over the average price it is ) beside an item on the AH is usually a good sign to watch out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

that's Alliance for ya :p
    OH :eek:
    So un-true!!!
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I've got a far better and proven method.

1. Collect underpants.

2. ????

3. Profit.

Simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Schism wrote: »

1. Collect underpants.

2. ????

3. Profit.

Simple as

LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    some ppl just dont care about the price...for example :)

last night i sold 5stacks of knothide leather for 25g each :p thats just crazy like. I was out of the game for 5months and came back last night. some of the prices are gone fairly stupid though

wats your in game name lordchessington. im on jaedenar aswell
    As your Attorney, I advise you to give me a /w (if you're horde)

I remember about 2 years ago, I was in a neutral AH logged as my gnome warrior, and found two pieces of the tier 0 shammy set up for 1c each. I bought them straight away, knowing that someone was just transferring them between their ally and horde chars when I intervened. I felt kinda bad about it, so I held them for two days before selling them again, in case the seller contacted me. But nothing happened, so I sold them for 30g (a lot back then)

• Advertisement

Schism wrote: »

1. Collect underpants.

2. ????

3. Profit.

Simple as
    my method was the one proven xD

goodlad wrote: »
    Ive seen people doing that before drake and to be honest i find it completely underhanded and ****ty of any player who does that kinda thing. In my opinion its just as bad as people who scam other players.
    ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO BUY [MAGEWEAVE CLOTH] FOR 88GOLD?
    [YES] [NO]

Read it or pay the consequences of powerlevelling tailoring loool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I would feel bad if i did someone out of money, ok its not real money but you could piss someone off big time. Even if it was them who clicked yes, after all its a real person somewere who made the mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

prices on my realm have gone apesht. Rugged leather 20g a stack, knothide 55g a stack. Such easy money as both my mains are skinners. Even linen cloth is going for 5g a stack !!

Also, dont know why no one has copped onto this. Copper, silver and tin ores are still pretty cheap. Smelt them and sell them on for more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

People who raise prices by keeping a monopoly on certain items are cool and grown up. Power to them!

I must state that I differentiate between people who do this with items in demand and the idiots who buy those annoying pets in a cage and put them on AH for 9999g trying to raise the price to trick auctioneer noobs into buying them when they're sold for 5g or whatever. I equate these people to those who put something on AH for 20g and scream in trade on their alt WTB X 50g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Voids went up to 80g last night on my server, while large prismatics were at 20g. First time I've ever seen void shatter become seriously unprofitable heh.

Advertisement