Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Newry

Options
  • 14-07-2008 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

I moved to Newry from Dublin a few months ago for work.
    I'm finding it hard to meet new people. I'm mid 20's.
    Can anyone suggest anything that doesn't cost a fortune? I don't have a car so am limited with transport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

where bouts in the town you move to ? as for things to do without a car.... errr guess theres some clubs you could join the the sports centre, tbh tho theres not an awful lot to do in town but get drunk or shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

i'm out the Belfast Rd direction, actually moved to a new place there almost 3 months ago, brought my own flatmate in- now have a posse, handy that her bro owns a bar in town as well so have a local.
    getting drunk and shopping are pretty much all we do, oh and occassionally go to the gym, went to the sport centre a few times for yoga but didn't like the gym part as it doesn't have a social scene. joined BGM instead- craic is great, what a difference a few months make!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

fair play ;), shopping and getting drunk is pretty much all there is too do in newry anyway !! glad to see you got on your feet.

Advertisement