Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKINS Compression Clothing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

I always assumed the compression stuff + ice baths was a fairly obvious approach; first aid courses always advocate RICE for injuries. Rest, ice, compress, elevate. If that helps with recovery from injury I assumed it would help with recovery from sport (which causes damage to bring about physical development of muscles). Maybe my rationalization is way off. For me I dont like ice baths, I tried it and its not for me. Compression socks feel good when my calfs are sore and tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Worth a bump, Basecamp on Abbey Street(middle?) sell skins and are quite cheap at €65 a pair for tights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

i rate the ice baths, have played gaa for years and it definately aids recovery

Does anyone find that skins tighst bunch a bit behind the knee?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

mloc123 wrote: »
    Does anyone find that skins tighst bunch a bit behind the knee?
    yep, but only if they are too big. my large do it but my medium dont

• Advertisement

hmm, maybe I should have went for a small instead. Cheers. Could do with a second pair anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭elnino23

Has anyone tried the adidas powerweb tights and shorts?
    i wear the cantebury tights i even ran a 15 miler in them, i find ive pulled muscles easily when i dont wear them they really help my calfs and hamstrings.
    I ve heard the power web ones are better at holding the muscles etc blah blah blah and am thinking of giving them a bash anyone had experience of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

They had a few Skins compression tops in TK Maxx in Blanch the other day in the ladies section. priced 16.99 - 30 euro I wasnt looking for mens or bottoms but it might be worth a look if people are looking for this stuff. I know i got a few pairs of 2xu tri shorts there last year so they are clearly getting batches of stuff in from somewhere decent :)
    They also had a load of under armour stuff recently although that seems to be gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭elnino23

I bought myself a pair of the recovery tights yesterday online from Rugby Scene. They ended up costing me 85 euro including postage and packaging. I think this was a good price and would be interested to hear what others paid and where !

I'm hoping they will help my recovery time. I've bumped up my training by an average of 10-20 % on previous marathon training plans, and so far so good. I'm hoping to push it on a little more and hopefully these will help.

I got some on amazon for 53 euro icluding delivery addidas ones
    i think the seller was leesports.
    came in a few days very good service

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Anyone interested in a group purchase of the tri400 gear, either the one piece as here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51657 or the two piece kit as here - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51658 & http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51656

Ive been onto a UK supplier who does them a little cheaper than anywhere ive found. I have enquired about the two piece top and shorts combo and he has costed them all in including recorded delivery for £107 (just shy of €125) versus £124 (€148) on CRC. He has said he can go a little cheaper if there's a few involved. Amount cheaper will depend on amount ordering. That price included £5 delivery, if need be i can get everything posted to me and i can then either meet in Dublin or post around the country. If anyone interested let me know and i'll get back to him. Either way im ordering next Monday (credit card statement date ;-) ) with delivery expected to take about a week/week and a 1/2.

If you're worried on sizing he has said he can accommodate returns. Id imagine you'd just need to cover postage etc.

• Advertisement

Well i have the two piece Tri400 on its way to me. Unfortunately i dont think i'll have it before Saturday's race but i'll let ye know what i think of it when it does land

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Bambaata wrote: »
    Well i have the two piece Tri400 on its way to me. Unfortunately i dont think i'll have it before Saturday's race but i'll let ye know what i think of it when it does land

Did you get it on time? First impressions?

As i expected they arrived a day late. I tried them on at lunch and im happy with the size i went for. I got small based on having the small recovery tights. Im 78kg and 185cm which has me around the verge of small to medium but ive been told before to go down with skins clothing when at an odds. They both seem to fit fine and best of all there’s about 1 inch of an overlap of the top to the shorts so my stomach isn’t showing. That said they haven’t been tested yet so not sure if they'll rise. They feel tight but not too tight. I'll be doing my long bike and run off on Saturday in it so I’ll update further then when they have been tried out. I got the set for €123 all in which was a nice 25 quid saving on the best online price I’d found.

Well they got a three hour spin in on harsh roads on Saturday. I think the padding is a bit narrow for me. I was sore alright but then again i was on woeful roads (part of Galway 70.3!!) and i don’t have any pair of shorts that has kept me comfy on that route. It was a hot/numb like feeling. I was sore but not as bad as ive been in other shorts, not to the point that i had to stop! Most importantly i didn’t have any saddle sores after which i have gotten from cycling shorts in the past but dont expect pure comfort. Run wise i did 30mins off the bike and i found the kit great for that. I went small in both items and am glad i did. They're tight but not too tight.

Having seen you recently you don't need to worry about the dreaded muffin top anyway :)

muffin-top.jpg

Haha, well i wasnt the best there for a wehile but the weekend sorted it out!! Its probably the most comfortable tri gear ive tried. Ive had 2XU and club gear to date and im happiest with the Skins

Advertisement