Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview coaching

Options
  • 14-07-2008 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

I'm toying with the idea of setting up an interview coaching company on the sidelines, I've worked in recruitment for 3 years now so have lots of experience in giving advice on CV's, interview skills and preparation for any interview.

I was thinking of 1) setting up a freelance service that can make up the perfect CV for €20
    2) give one on one interview skill coaching
    3) Maybe give a 5 week class course on everything you need to do from CV to interview skills and non verbal communication.

Has anyone ever used these services before? If so, how much did you pay?
    How did you rate them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Fas are in this business, surely? They buy a lot of training services. You should talk to them.

I don't know if you can really provide a cv service for 20 euros. You would need to be able to do it in under 20 minutes. If you build up any scale, you will need to pay a few euros of vat out of that. It would be an OK sideline activity maybe.

Also, why wouldn't people get the same thing from a recruitment agency, where the prospective employer ends up paying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

it's not a full-time idea, just a sideline thing outside of work. I work in a recruitment agency and we are far too busy to be re arranging people's CV's- yes we give our candidates guidance on their CV (you should see the appalling state of some CV's that come in) and interview skills (only candidates who are interviewing for our clients).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I'm not so sure tbh.

Personally I don't think I'd pay to get guidance on my CV. There's several people I know that I could talk to, either in my relevant industry or in recruiting themselves but maybe that's just me.

I'm not aware of the market for one on one interviewing techniques but for group and competency based interviews I know there's an awful lot of retired garda's, senior civil servants and army officers around who do these (I've personal experience of this) and people come to them very much by word of mouth. Then there's the corporate type places like carr communications.

If it's just a thing on the side rather than your full-time job then fair enough but I'm not sure if it would pick up well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

Interview Coaching is very big for doctors.

They do their degree, then their 5-9 years training and then have to interview for the first time in their lives to get a proper doctors job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

thanks for all the info- will put a few feelers out first

Advertisement