Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God Old Games Retro PC Store

Options
  • 14-07-2008 10:39am
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

Anyone see this site that developer CD Projekt's (the makers of The Witcher) are going open in September called Good Old Games and not God Old Games like my title suggests :)

www.gog.com

Basically games will cost from $6.99 to $9.99
    Will have no DRM
    Will be guaranteed to work with Windows XP and Vista

Games include the Fallout series, Operation Flashpoint, Freescape, MDK, Toca and Colin Macrae.

Looks quite good, might try Fallout to pick up on its back story before playing Fallout 3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

If they mean "works with vista" in the way they said the witcher did then I'll be giving it a bodyswerve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

Freespace 2, runningunder Vista...hmmmm, shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Witcher works great with Vista. You just need to patch the game. Then patch Vista. Then hope for the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

sacrifice is a fantastic game & i was always meaning to play giants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hmmm, time to bring out the old P2 tower again for some toca madness :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MDK.
    MDK.
    M.D.K!!!

now i cant stop thinking about demolition man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

madrab wrote: »
    sacrifice is a fantastic game & i was always meaning to play giants

Love Giants, the first section with the wise cracking space marines was hilarious ..

must find a copy of this! :) (i dont need much encouragement)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just reading in PC Gaming magazine about this. Apparantly each game will get a new custom installer built to ensure it installs easily on newer OS's and they are aiming for 70-100 titles available at launch.

I hope System Shock 2 is among them would like to give that another go.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its a great idea. Let's just hope it doesn't end up being North America only, as with many games on Steam and Direct-2-Drive

It probably will end up being North-America only.

Damn. I really want to get the early Simcity games and the like

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I doubt it will be America only as I read about it in a English PC magazine and the developers are from Poland.

Azza wrote: »
    I doubt it will be America only as I read about it in a English PC magazine and the developers are from Poland.

Awesome.

Thank god for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Fallout 1 & 2? Sign me up! Any word on pricing? My work computer blocks any games sites so i cant check this out yet.

Advertisement