Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

warsaw/wroclaw/zakopane/gdansk..

• 14-07-2008 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

im in poland for a few more weeks and thinking of heading up to warsaw for 2 nights maybe,but looking back on previous threads (and ive already posted a warsaw thread myself back in jan) the responses havent been too favourible,its just that ive been living in krakow for the summer and not to visit the capital or other places around the country would be a shame.however i am a bit skint but if the place well worth a visit il stretch my budget..

wroclaw-i know im going to go here because ive heard numerous good things about the place..

zakopane-heard its very touristy at this time of year and expensive so dunno about this place for a few days

warsaw-well its the capital so think i should see it

gdansk-a fair old trek so if i was going to go up there from krakow id wanta be going to warsaw aswell.

anybody wanta tell me about these places?whats worth doing there? which one could i cut out or any other places someone could suggest? i have 16 days left in poland btw

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wjv

I would definitely go to Zakopane - best place I visited in Poland. Been over twice and found it hard to get away from the greyness of the general country but Zakopane was a real find. Beautiful place with traditional style houses, lots of good eateries and drinkeries, plenty to do even in summer (I was there at the beginning of snow in October; magical!). We got double room in the centre of town for about E30.00. Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Definitely Zakopane! Close to Auschwitz so you can go and have some education too.
    Quite sobering experience but well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I was in Warsaw for a long weekend a few months back and wouldn't recommend it. In fact, i'd go so far as to stay steer clear.

I've been to most European cities and Warsaw was by far the most dull and boring place I've been. The University is nice and the museums are alright but overall it's just dull!! it's ver grey and there's a big coffee culture. Every second shop is a cafe. I love coffee but this was ridiculous. The pubs lacked atmosphere, the food was non-descript and the scenery is bleak.

My experience anyway. I had taken my bf for his birthday so really wanted to love it but it was a huge let down!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

wjv wrote: »
    I would definitely go to Zakopane - best place I visited in Poland. Been over twice and found it hard to get away from the greyness of the general country but Zakopane was a real find. Beautiful place with traditional style houses, lots of good eateries and drinkeries, plenty to do even in summer (I was there at the beginning of snow in October; magical!). We got double room in the centre of town for about E30.00. Enjoy

What exactly did you do in Zakopane?

Was there in January and besdies the trek to Morskie Oko, didn't see much else going on.

Just curious like.

OP, regarding Wroclaw, I'd recommend maybe 2 nights there. That should be enough.

The Japanese Gardens weren't open in January when I was there but they're supposed to be magnificent.

Also, there's a painting of a battle on the inside of a round building that's supposed to be nice but it was closed the evening I was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

went to zakopane was the most touristy place i have ever been!
    and its not like theres a hell of alot to do in the summer there.

went to wroclaw and im just back good place poxy trains though absolute nightmare,dont think il have the cash to make it up to warsaw as im hearing constant bad things about it plus its expensive enough so ive heard,maybe some other time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement