Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator for a 22 Hornet

Options
  • 14-07-2008 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭

Guys a friend of mine has a 22 hornet (CZ 527) and is looking for a moderator. I think T8 or similiar might be overkill and I don't think a rimfire moderator would do the trick. Any suggestions and rough price guide, would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

/me dons his boring hat again

Bumping this over to for sale/wanted; and just in case, reminding folks that you still need permission for a moderator, no matter if it's rimfire or centrefire...

edit: Scratch the move to for sale, as cavan's not looking to buy, just for advice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

6th will probably volunteer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

t4 or ase utra lots of choices ive heard of a sak being used not sure how much it would reduce it buy though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

It's a hard one to silence well.Unless you fancy abit of reloading to drop the round below the speed of sound to make it quiet. BR reflex suppressors fro finland T8 model might do it.

BTW,page is well worth reading for those into silencerology.;)
    www.guns.connect.fi/rs/Reflex.html

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

He is not trying to get it down to 22 lr with subs, just pull it back to a 22 with hv. Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Guys a friend of mine has a 22 hornet (CZ 527) and is looking for a moderator. I think T8 or similiar might be overkill and I don't think a rimfire moderator would do the trick. Any suggestions and rough price guide, would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

CQB is the one you want

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmyzx

My brother has the same rifle and is using a T4 moderator on it, It really quietens it down alot. It's not much louder than a .22 firing HV in my opinion. Compared to what the same on my .223 sounds like it is leaps ahead.
    I would recommend the T4 for the hornet to your friend, it's the bees knees ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

T4

Advertisement