Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody missing a Jack Russell dog (Ashtown area)

Options
  • 14-07-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

My dad just rang me to tell me that he was up in the Ashtown area (near the Halfway House pub) yesterday afternoon walking his dog when he spotted a Jack Russell type dog running madly on the Navan Road (in and out of traffic).
    The dog ran over to where my dad was and followed him all the way home. My dad didnt want to just leave the dog so brought it into the house where it is now playing with the family dog.

So he asked me to put a message on here to see if anybody lost a dog yesterday (or maybe the dog went missing on Saturday). The dog has a white body with mostly brown face/head/ears.

When my dad figures out how to use the camera on his phone he is going to send me a photo and when I get home from work today I will post the picture up.

Failing nobody on here recognising the dog is there any other websites/organisations that I could get in touch with that deals with missing animals?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Bit of an update ... My dad was talking to a guy in work this morning and he happened to mention in passing that he had brought a stray dog home. This guy's wife works as a career for a woman who is recovering from a stroke who happens to have a Jack Russell dog and who lives in the Ashtown area.

Anyway the guy rang his wife who told him that that woman's dog hat gotten out of the front garden yesterday(somebody left the gate open) and she was really upset as she thought the dog was gone .. never to return. So Im happy to say that the dog was collected a little while ago and is back with its very happy owner

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Brilliant! Without your dad being kind enough to bring the dog home, he probably would have never seen his owners again. Thats fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Great news and fair paly to your Dad.

Advertisement