Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounts for Steyr SSG PII?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

My brother wanted a rifle for more all round use (fox and deer) so has traded the .270 in against a .243. The rifle is a Steyr SSG PII which is very nice indeed. Cant wait to shoot it

Was wondering does anyone know what mounts are suitable for this rifle. The rail looks like it takes some proprietary jobbies which are probably quite expensive, just wondering what kind of set folks would recommend to fit to it.

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Vegeta wrote: »
    My brother wanted a rifle for more all round use (fox and deer) so has traded the .270 in against a .243. The rifle is a Steyr SSG PII which is very nice indeed. Cant wait to shoot it

Was wondering does anyone know what mounts are suitable for this rifle. The rail looks like it takes some proprietary jobbies which are probably quite expensive, just wondering what kind of set folks would recommend to fit to it.

Any help greatly appreciated
    sports man in devon are the uk agents for styer ,i have warne mounts and there strong and easy get ,john lambert has a huge range of them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Welcome to the Steyr SSG club Veg.:D

Bad news is you are kinda limited as to what you can hang your scope onto the rifle with.:(
    As it is an intregrated rail you are really stuck with the steyr QD mounts they come in two sizes 26 &30 mm.Which coincidently fit the only two approved Steyr scopes,both made by Kahles[ZF 95 6x42] in Austria.And are expensive optics.:(
    However they are Rock solid when mounted,and require NO zeroing when replaced on the gun.
    Good news is; buy them in the US at the moment with the Dollar in the cellar.They can be had for about 160 dollars[mounts]
    Would suggest a trawl of the,snipers hide or snipers world web pages or www.Steyr-Aug .com.There is a rake of bits available for them.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Welcome to the club!

Also try the gunshop in Monkstown in Dublin, they have sold a few recently, s should be able to advise you about mounts, they got me a bipod for it, which is also tricky to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Trauma do you have the steyr ones on it?

The brother has a Zeiss scope its a one inch tube, will the 26mm ones fit it or will he have to get a kahles (maybe a bit of research before hand would have been good :( ) Would rather keep the Zeiss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

yep i also have a Zeiss scope on mine, im in the office atm but will tell you the mounts when i get home. what a great rifle tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

pm. wrote: »
    im in the office atm but will tell you the mounts when i get home. what a great rifle tho

I couldn't believe it to be honest, we looked at a lot of rifles in middle strength calibers mainly 6.5x55 and .243 and this had so many features that made it stand out above the rest. I told him if he ever wants to sell it I am first in line.

Would appreciate any mount info you could give me.

Advertisement