Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find Slovakian Slivovica

Options
  • 14-07-2008 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey there,

I`m trying to find Slovakian slivovica as a gift for a friend from Slovakia for their birthday. They are really homesick and I dont want to get the Polish version as its more the Slovak thing that they will like.

Does anyone know where I can get it in Dublin or online? I`ve tried hard but cant find it.

Thanks so much
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Have you tried the Eastern European supermarkets?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

You could try the Czech Inn. They might sell you a bottle but it may be pricey. I have a really small bottle if you're stuck. But we're only talking about a shot or 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cityliving

Thanks I`ll check out the Czech Inn I`m sure it`ll be a rip though. Tried to find it elsewhere but the Celtic Whiskey place only had the Polish one.

Went onto UK sites and no luck either.

Thanks for your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

There is a slovakian shop in phibsboro, but fairly sure they wouldn't sell it (went in there looking for slovakian wine) but if your in the area sure the staff could give you some pointers.

ps also 2nd the Czech Inn though one thing about the place is I think they may water their promotion spirits sometimes but sure if your buying a bottle no bother

Advertisement