Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best game for my new laptop?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm getting a new laptop tomorrow. I want to get a game that would run well considering the laptops specs. It's not a gaming machine though, here are the specs;

Dell XPS M1330
    Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5GHZ, 800, 6M
    128 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
    4GB Ram

I've seen vids of Crysis running on the XPS with lower specs, and I heard its quite good so I was thinking of getting that. Any better recommendations?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Crysis is sweet, but I am playing on the SLI 8800GTX XPS1730. I don't know about the performance on the 8400M, but I the snow levels kill it on my system even with the performance drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

similar specs to you so would be interested in hearing suggestions. My older laptop had an even better gfx car: 8600 gt and it played Crysis acceptably so a step down to an 8400 GS might be too far.

Tbh, if I can't run a game close to how it *should* look then I usually don't play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

quarryman wrote: »
    Tbh, if I can't run a game close to how it *should* look then I usually don't play it.

As long as it looks good I'm happy. It doesn't have to look absolutely stunning with all options set to high

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Call of Duty 4 should run fine
    as should Mass Effect and Any RTS..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Cianos wrote: »
    As long as it looks good I'm happy. It doesn't have to look absolutely stunning with all options set to high

but the big attraction of Crysis is the graphics.

The gameplay is fairly 'meh' and you would probably get just as much enjoyment out of Far Cry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

company of heros

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, The Witcher, Painkiller, Oblivion, CoD4, Team Fortress 2, Mass Effect,

Advertisement