Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CISSP

Options
  • 14-07-2008 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone got any advice about this one? Got interested in security over the last few years from reviewing peoples' code with a view to breaking it, I heard this was a good one to learn about the more abstract side of security and get away from specific languages/vendors etc.

Can anyone recommend a good book to at least get an overview of what's covered in this?

Also, one minor detail, I'll be starting a fine art degree this Autumn, supposedly part time but the workload is meant to be absolutely insane... What's the workload like for this one?

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It is a well regarded general infosec course/cert. It will teach you the when's and why's rather than the how's. BUT there are experience pre-requisites and you need to be sponsored by an existing CISSP for full certification (just fulfilling the pre-requisites and passing the exam will only get you associate status). I was going to go for it last year before they added that last but. TBH I think it will become a bit too much of a good old boys club now and is going to lose it's value overtime. Certifications should always be based on what you know, not who.
    Anyway there's a good forum for this on www.techexams.net, one of the CISSP board advisors posts there regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Hi

Anyone got any advice about this one? Got interested in security over the last few years from reviewing peoples' code with a view to breaking it, I heard this was a good one to learn about the more abstract side of security and get away from specific languages/vendors etc.

Can anyone recommend a good book to at least get an overview of what's covered in this?

Also, one minor detail, I'll be starting a fine art degree this Autumn, supposedly part time but the workload is meant to be absolutely insane... What's the workload like for this one?

Thanks a mil!

this should be all you need, it's not very a very techncal exam but there is a fair bit in it but's mostly theory..

I've seen people start studying a week before and pass and others take over a year

do it at your own pace..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

Great, thanks a mil for the advice

Advertisement