Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel Help

• 14-07-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi All,

When I prepare the weekly payroll journal ,I Export the payroll data from Micropay into an excel sheet and then I link the totals in the sheet to a journal excel sheet sheet which I print and enter into our accountancy package.

I know there is a quicker way of doing this but cant figure it out.

At the moment I name cells for example BAR_TOTAL (so in the journal I have =BAR_TOTAL) but as the number of employee's change weekly the totals get dont match up each week so I have to spend an hour re-naming the cells again

Im just wondering how other people deal with this payroll journal?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Not sure I quite follow what you're doing but could it be that your Micropay export is exporting the data as "Text" and not "Values" and therefore the reason that your linked ss isn't reading it properly?

Just a thought....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

There is a nominal export from Micropay but it has to be setup correctly. We got ours setup about 2 years ago by our Micropay suppliers, and it is very sweet.

We can print off a paper journal or export a file that can be imported into accounts or do both.

Advertisement