Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem adjusting body clock/getting up

Options
  • 14-07-2008 1:51pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Im not sure if this is the most appropriate forum to post this, hopefully i can get some good advice.

Im having trouble more and more getting up early. every day i set my clock early so i can get up and go to the gym before work. However every day i end up hitting snooze and either falling back asleep or repeatedly hitting snooze in a half asleep trance and waking up when its too late to hit the gym.

the number of hours sleep doesnt seem to make much difference. So im looking for advice on what i can do to kick start myself? Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Go to the gym after work or something. Obviously your body and mind aren't equipped to do much at that hour of the morning, or don't want to. Heed your body's own advice and don't get up so early. Forcing yourself awake to do things earlier than normal might make you cranky and sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

there are lights or alarms which gradually get brighter,to simulate daybreak.it mite be worth checking them out,i know i wake up easier and earlier in the summer when its bright.otherwise some people need less sleep rather than more, consider changing the time you wake up for a wk or two and see if theres any difference.a third option requires willpower-if you force yourself to get up for the first 2wks at a new time your body will get used to it.try necking a red bull when you reach for the snooze button!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thanks for the tips folks. I should have mentioned that i did have the routine i wanted before for quite a long time, but i just lost the habit.

I do work out in the evenings but its harder to be motivated and more likely to skip it in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 TheMelodyOfRain

Although it was mentioned in jest, avoid red bull like the plague man; takes about 10 hours for that utter crap to get out of your system, then when it does, you crash like hell.

Your predicament is the same one I find myself in at present. For two months I was top of the world, falling asleep at around 11pm and waking at 7:30am feeling reborn every morning...but then I slipped into a crap habit, although knowingly and without choice. Now, no matter what I try it all appears futile.

Read that, I'm giving it a proper go tonight because I cant bare this any longer. I'm emotionally numb, my reactions are close to non-existent and I hate everyone and everything. Not the usual me at all, generally I'm the entire opposite.

Do you wake up with a headache? Brainfog? Hellish, if ever there was anything that deserved the term.

Advertisement