Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinarello Prince

Options
  • 14-07-2008 2:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22

Hi, looking at buying a Pinarello Prince abroad, I thinking I'm getting a good deal but just wondering how much this bicyle is worth.

Any ideas anyone.
    Here is the spec !

Frame Pinarello Prince Carbon

Fork Pinarello Onda FPX
    Brake Campagnolo Record-D Skeleton
    BrakeShift Campagnolo Record QS Ergopower
    Crank Campagnolo Record CT
    BottomBracket Campagnolo Ultra-Torque
    FrontDerailleur Campagnolo Record QS
    Cassette Campagnolo Record
    RearDerailleur Campagnolo Record
    Chain Campagnolo Record Ultra
    Pedal SpeedPlay X/1
    Headset Pinarello Integrated
    Stem Deda Elementi Newton
    Handlebar FSA K-Wing
    HandlebarTape Stella Azzurra Eleganza
    Cable Campagnolo Stainless
    Housing Campagnolo Campagnolo
    Seatpost Pinarello Carbon
    Saddle Fizik Arione
    Tire Michelin Pro Race 3
    Tube Butyl Presta
    FrontWheel Zipp 303 Clincher
    RearWheel Zipp 303 PowerTap 2.4 Wireless Clincher
    Skewer Salsa Stainless flip-off
    RimTape Velox Cloth Rim Tape
    RimTape Velox Cloth Rim Tape

Total Weight: 15.34 lbs</p>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Nice bike and a nice spec. New, at a very rough guess, around €7,000-8,000 for the bike, €250 for the pedals and an extra €1,000 or so for the Power Tap. Are you buying second-hand? Where from?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Hmmm, Prince, Zipps, Record and PowerTap, you're not doing it by half are you? 6K+, maybe 7K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jwwie

answer = an a$$load of money. the frameset alone is $5000USD. the zipps would be over $2000USD. competitive cyclist has this listed at $7500USD so anything under that is a 'deal'.

that said, im surprised you're looking for a deal on a bike of this caliber and price. there many bikes well under this price that offer the same or better performance. hell, you could buy a custom frame for less.

obviously, the choice is yours but a large portion of the price relates to its exotic italian appeal imo. best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

'kin 'ell! :eek:

the only people riding that bike should be being paid to by sponsors. how many years have you been a pro? :p

what's the deal you're being offered on it? and more importantly, by who? my nigerian-credit-transfer alarm is going off big time. are you buying from abroad (i.e. online) or in person while you're abroad (i.e in person)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 feelyd

Have a look on Alibaba. I came across it for 1500 USD , I reckon absolute crazyness.

I was just having a look at a few things on the site and saw it,

Every other place i.e. States are selling this for over 5,000. I reckon the dollars are bound for some credit transfer dodgyness.

I thought this site was fairly respectable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

are you sure that wasn't iwillrobyou.com ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

feelyd wrote: »
    Have a look on Alibaba. I came across it for 1500 USD , I reckon absolute crazyness.

I was just having a look at a few things on the site and saw it,

Every other place i.e. States are selling this for over 5,000. I reckon the dollars are bound for some credit transfer dodgyness.

I thought this site was fairly respectable.

Alibaba is just for business'. By the looks of things they don't sell to individuals.

Almost certainly a scam, you see a lot of this on Gumtree too, very expensive bikes posted for silly prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Alibaba and the fourty... emmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭jefferson73

is it this?

_DSC0388.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

el tonto wrote: »
    If it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Exactly, it is IMPOSSIBLE to sell a bike like that at anywhere remotley like that price.

In the immortal words of Ted Crilly, "Careful now"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

is it this?

_DSC0388.jpg

They're the new folding bikes.... didn't you hear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a trade in counterfeit bicycles and parts. I know there is/was a big trade in rip-off golf stuff from the middle east and far-east and maybe this is the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

my old man sells the pinerello prince €3500 for frame alone , will get pics lovely new one

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    my old man sells the pinerello prince €3500 for frame alone , will get pics lovely new one

Does your Da own the Cycle Superstore by any chance?

nope he sells all his stuff to them tho

Have you gotten to ride one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

AndyP wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but is there a trade in counterfeit bicycles and parts. I know there is/was a big trade in rip-off golf stuff from the middle east and far-east and maybe this is the same?

They do everything from Callaway Golf clubs to car break pads made with organic stuff. And here: Counterfeit Zipp Bars. there is a market for everything ...

http://www.zipp.com/Support/CounterfeitHandlebars/tabid/176/Default.aspx

yeah , he has alot of high end stuff

Campagnolo , Record , Chorus , Centeur etc
    Dura - Ace
    Ultegra etc

Latest Wheels , clothing , shoes , Sintesi frames , look , olmo etc

you name it he has it , one of ireland biggest wholesalers

And no im not desperate to sell his stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    yeah , he has alot of high end stuff

Campagnolo , Record , Chorus , Centeur etc
    Dura - Ace
    Ultegra etc

Latest Wheels , clothing , shoes , Sintesi frames , look , olmo etc

you name it he has it , one of ireland biggest wholesalers

And no im not desperate to sell his stuff

So, can we buy things off you for wholesale price... a cheap pair of Fulcrum zeros would be nice :)

They do everything from Callaway Golf clubs to car break pads made with organic stuff. And here: Counterfeit Zipp Bars. there is a market for everything ...

http://www.zipp.com/Support/CounterfeitHandlebars/tabid/176/Default.aspx
    Yeah I met someone on the weekend who had got Zipp 303s for a price that was just too good to be true. ;)

i dont know what the rules are of advertising on here , but if allowed id be happy to get you the best prices available

obviously he doesnt do every single thing on the market , i dont work for him , i work in an office with great internet access , so if i can assist in sales id be happy

I've seen rebadging rather than couterfeiting. Putting Zipp stickers on a pair of no-name carbon rims for example.

blorg wrote: »
    Yeah I met someone on the weekend who had got Zipp 303s for a price that was just too good to be true. ;)

They're real 303 ... Bought in RA cycles 2 years ago I just have very generous friends who give me nice 2nd hand gifts.... Am I a Fred too ?

I just have very generous friends who give me nice 2nd hand gifts.... Am I a Fred too ?

Not a Fred, just a nice lady that uses every feminine trick known to get cheap (free!) stuff :)

Zipp 303s €1600

Not a Fred, just a nice lady that uses every feminine trick known to get cheap (free!) stuff :)

:o eeerrrrrrrr .... Never! I have dignity!!

:o eeerrrrrrrr .... Never! I have dignity!!

Doesn't mean you don't use your being a lady to your advantage ;)

I'd be happy to be dignified with cheap 303's

Fatloss -how much can you get Fulcrum Racing 3's for (as a matter of interest)

• Advertisement

Fatloss -how much can you get Fulcrum Racing 3's for (as a matter of interest)[/quote]

sorry doesnt do them

just the zipp 303s
    mavic
    kryseriums etc

Advertisement