Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 broadband - 30 Day Happiness Guarantee

Options
  • 14-07-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looks like the happy days from O2 did not last too long
    i am seeing very bad speed and high ping rate from the o2 broadband.
    i got it 10days back
    i called up the store and asked how can i cancel o2 and return the modem - the guy told the happy days are 7 days only and not 30 days

i have to return/cancel within 7 days

is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

30 days happiness thing runs out at the end of this month, ring the monkey back and say you want to talk to the organ grinder.

O2 Broadband 30 Day Happiness Guarantee Promotion

These promotional terms and conditions relating to the 30 Day Happiness Guarantee (“Promotional Terms”) are in addition to the Terms for the O2 Broadband Service(“Service”), and terms which are not defined in the Promotional Terms will have the meaning set out in the Terms. If there is any inconsistency between the Promotional Terms and the Terms, the Promotional Terms will prevail.

The Promotional Terms will apply to new and eligible customers who sign up and accept the Service from 1st January 2008 to 31st July 2008 (“Promotional Period”). We reserve the right to withhold the promotion from any customer for any reason.

You may terminate your contract within the first 30 days after the Service contract date (“Cooling Off Period”) by giving notice through the channel in which you contracted for the Service no later than the 30th day after the Service contract date. Customers who contracted in an O2 retail store must return to any O2 retail store to cease their service and return their O2 USB Modem. Customers who contracted over the phone must follow the returns process as outlined in the pack they receive with their O2 USB Modem.

Under the Promotion Terms you will receive a refund for the purchase price of the O2 USB Modem and any monthly subscription charges incurred. You will not receive a refund for any voice or text charges incurred or any charges incurred if using the device outside of the Republic of Ireland as such charges are excluded from the Promotion. If you terminate your contract during the Cooling Off Period, you may not be able to request the Services at the same installation address for 6 months after the end of the Cooling Off Period.

Handsets with broadband capability and mobile routers are excluded from this promotion. Where a customer with such a device has activated the Service, O2 will not refund the cost of the device should the customer wish to cease using the Service. O2 will remove the Service from any such device, without penalty should the customer contact customer care.

We reserve the right to change the Promotional Terms, including the end date of the Promotional Period, at any time, by notifying you on our website that we have posted the changes on our website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Contact O2 customer care

O2 Broadband, Data Support & Technical Queries
    From an O2 mobile 1740 (19c per call)
    From a landline 1850 60 1740 (31c per call)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Got to the store again, if they say its 7 days and your OK within their T&C's for a 30 day period get them to call customer care or get them to look at their own website :)

Advertisement