Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any single men in cork

Options
  • 14-07-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Are there any single, decent, normal men in their 30's left in Cork.. I've been looking and it seems that you either meet someone in your early 20's or you're doomed.. Does anyone else find this to be the case in Cork..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

dineel wrote: »
    Are there any single, decent, normal men in their 30's left in Cork.. I've been looking and it seems that you either meet someone in your early 20's or you're doomed.. Does anyone else find this to be the case in Cork..

Define normal?

Id be too fµcked in the head to be your type id say! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dineel

Normal..Regular, standard, Ordinary, typical, Conventional.. that kind of a way..

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Hey Guys,

Have ye considered online dating? My housemate's friend who's currently living in Cork used maybefriends.com a few months ago. She went on 2 dates- the first guy didn't work out but she's still seeing the 2nd guy and it's been a few months.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

plentyoffish.com is the one that people reccomend when online dating gets mentioned hereabouts. cant give a personal thumbs up but people stand by it.

also boards is careful to not be a dating site. looking for dates gets threads locked

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

be very very careful and choosy about online men! believe me i know about the disappointments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 patrick_micheal

all_smilz wrote: »
    be very very careful and choosy about online men! believe me i know about the disappointments.

lol girl how right you are funny thing about the web is you can be who ever you want to be, for the topic in hand whats so worng with picking a guy in his 20's women date older men why can't men do the same? please dont come back with a sexist remark to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lillie25

dont think there are any single men in cork full stop. plus i attract the weirdos anyways so maybe its just me...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

lillie25 wrote: »
    dont think there are any single men in cork full stop. plus i attract the weirdos anyways so maybe its just me...

There's plenty single men in cork. Maybe yere looking in wrong places?

maybe i am... where should i be looking? have noticed tho that cork city is the only place i dont get chatted up ! am not bad looking and am not too old so where should i be heading... plus dont actively search but have noticed its alot harder to find guys

Lillie, 100% agree, Cork is the only place I don't get chatted up.. Maybe I looking in the wrong spots too but where are the hot spots then??

• Advertisement

I know people have suggested internet dating but think its a bit to clinical for my liking... the whole fun of meeting someone is finding out what they are like etc over time not over the internet... but the way thinga are going i might just have to "rent a husband" or something:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

I'm 25 and single.....moved to Cork last year so yes, there are single men in Cork.

so where are you guys hiding then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

mawk wrote: »
    plentyoffish.com is the one that people reccomend when online dating gets mentioned hereabouts. cant give a personal thumbs up but people stand by it.

also boards is careful to not be a dating site. looking for dates gets threads locked

I have used plenty of fish (guy here, very early 30s) and its a great site, just keep your wits about you and don't go near guys who don't seem right. Theres a good few single girls my age and from the ones I have met say, good few guys there also. We're not all weirdos!
    I have a good few friends single and know plenty of single guys, it always seems your the only one who is single but believe me, you are not!

so where are you guys hiding then?

Good question, its just me and my mates don't bother with clubs anymore, prefer the craic in the pub and enjoying life. CLubs can be awfully soul destroying as people are drunk, hard to chat people up and some only want a snog and most are not single unfortunately.
    We're not hiding at all Lillie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

lol girl how right you are funny thing about the web is you can be who ever you want to be, for the topic in hand whats so worng with picking a guy in his 20's women date older men why can't men do the same? please dont come back with a sexist remark to that.
    Nothing wrong with it but it's generally viewed with suspicion and even disapproval - simply because it flies in the face of what's considered the norm. It's nuts that, say, a 32-year-old woman could get judged for dating a 26-year-old man. There isn't actually that massive a gap there anyway...

I've always gone for older men but I know this particular guy who's about 26/27 (three or four years younger than I am). Oh if I wasn't spoken for... :o

Dudess wrote: »
    I've always gone for older men but I know this particular guy who's about 26/27 (three or four years younger than I am). Oh if I wasn't spoken for... :o
    Dudess send him my way hee hee . nah with weather like today who could care less if their single or not... bring on a few more of these days and i won't care about my single status!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Its fine to be whoever you want to be online, its just a bit unfair when people represent themselves inaccurately on dating sites.
    Im not being sexist or ageist. was that comment directed at me? i dont understand....

Yeah The Driver is right, you always feel you're the only one single, think that when your wends are made up of marathon tv watching as opposed to going out for drinks etc then you definately feel Single and Alone!..and yeah agree with Lillie too, would prefer to meet someone in the "normal" way, rather than over the internet, but guess theres no harm in trying it out anyways!!

One thing I ask of ye all is please give the online dating thing a go, there are some lovely normal people on there (myself included) and I have met some wonderful people and currently seeing a really really nice girl from it. In some ways, normal ways such as clubs are terrible as they rely on alcohol and no chat etc, this medium may be clinical in some ways but it does get you out and about and on dates. Plentyoffish.com is my recommendation. Naturally theres some weirdos and loafers on there but you'll spot them a mile off!
    Best of luck ladies!

• Advertisement

Yeah you're right, and the whole "stigma" with internet dating seems to have well and truly evaporated..On your recommendation, I will give it a go!!

Good stuff, best of luck with it and hope you find what you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

The insane thing is, that if you go to practically any clubs/pubs in Cork city, women are totally outnumbered by men. 2 to 1 usually, and even more in some clubs!

Its the same no matter where you go unless theres a hen night or something on.

And the funny thing is, in the last census, it showed that there are a few thousand more females living in cork than males.

Where are all these women?
    Are they all boxed from an early age, and stay in at the weekend minding their kids or what? :p

Maybe too afriad to head out in the fear they might get raped or something?

It makes no sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

The insane thing is, that if you go to practically any clubs/pubs in Cork city, women are totally outnumbered by men. 2 to 1 usually, and even more in some clubs!
    This is true... could be that the OP is talking about Cork County as opposed to city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Wheres the best pub or club to go in Cork City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

Quick update - well I'm still single, 25 and living in Cork...for any gals still looking :D and I'm not hiding either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I'm a gay woman so hardly the best person to ask, but single straight women friends in their 30s are either dating the worst losers imaginable or equally disillusioned.

Recently I went into a large "trendy" bar in town and the place was full of fairly nice looking girls who'd made a big effort with themselves, yet, 80% of the guys were sweaty, check-shirted, drunken-looking idiots who seemed more than intent on a bit of good old harassment. I don't understand why guys who are single or newly single in their 30s see themselves as "Gods gift" while women of the same age are asking "what is wrong with me?"

Why the arrogance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

mawk wrote: »

official dating forum maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 trynabe

ladies lookin for single men il tell ye where we all are ,,,,, across the bar looking at ye, but we wont approach ye because of the reaction we get ,,if you dont know a woman in cork and you go up and try start up a conversation you will get this response "do i know you " who are you " what ja want " weirdo "not in a nice tone either ,
    so now you know ,, be nice for a change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Couldnt have said it better myself.....................or else you get the standard interview questions from the husband hunters

What do you? Where are you from? Do you own your own place? what sort of car do you drive? etc etc etc

Advertisement