Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

01 passat taking in water

Options
  • 14-07-2008 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

hi need help on this i bought a 01 passat in april with recently with the bad weather i have found a big puddle on the floor$ behind the drivers seat checked the doors and sunroof and cant find any leaks anyone got any ideas?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The spot where you find the water collecting isn't necesssarily anywhere near where it came in. On most cars the passenger footwell is the lowest point and that's where all the water will end up eventually.

One of the prime suspects for water ingress (other than windows and sunroof) are blocked drains in front of the windscreen (in the well where the wipers sit for example)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭deco28

thanks will check tonight see how i get on someone also said water can come in where the spare tyre is in the boot would this be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Check if the pollen filter has been put back on properly. Mine wasn't and had cracked, and water got in that way and filled the rear foot well behind the passenger seat as well.

where do i find the pollen filter?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Here fella this link should hopefully sort u out
    "http://www.weirdlittlebiscuit.com/passat/leak/"

The battery can be a bit fiddly to get out but keep at it!
    Good luck with it!

• Advertisement

nice will try this tomorrow

Advertisement