Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microssoft E3 conference starting soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Waiting for it to start on IGN.
    Hope they have something good in the pipeline!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

A new interface for the dashboard has been annouced and more content providers for XBLVMP for Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Oh dear,don't like this avatar thing.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

A new Portal Game - Still Alive.
    Exclusively for XBLA in Autumn!

Oh yes!

(And the announcement was made by GLADos!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

final fantasy 13 coming aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Banjo and Kazooie on arcade :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

FF13 YES and that Gears footage was amazing. One of their strongest keynotes in a few years for me.

Recap
    Fallout 3 (Microsoft exclusive DLC)
    Resident Evil -- Co Op mode (March 13th 09)
    Fable -- Not much new, bit of a SIMS rip off with the reactions? (Ships October 08)
    Gears -- Brilliant, cant wait to ride a Brumark (November 7th 08)

Lips -- iPod support and Duffy song
    Rock Band 2 -- (Prob wont be out in Europe till next year)
    Guitar Hero World Tour -- (Create your own songs)

New Scene It with online modes and user dlc.
    Some movie game in collaboration with codemasters (Looked ok actually)

Some Viva Pinata 2 and Banjo N&B Footage

XBLA
    Banjo 1
    Exclusive South Park Game
    Portal Expansion Pack (Console Exclusive)
    New Galaga
    Geometry Wars 2
    Uno 2

New Star Ocean
    Last Remnant (Nov 08)
    Infinite Undiscovery (Sep 08 Exclusive)
    FF13 -- Shipping same time in Europe and North America as the PS3.

Dashboard update due this fall.
    --Its going to get mixed reactions but I dont think its that bad.
    --8 player chat is brilliant I think and some XBL gameshows look ok
    --We could do without the avatars but its not as extreme as Home for the PS3.

--Been able to play games from your HDD. Copy them from your disc
    --Bigger display support (up to 1440x900 or 1680x1050)
    --Can buy marketplace content on the web.

I thought that was a bad conference but that might be vecause I was expecting something big.
    Edit:Info about additional features on the 60GB 360.
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/14/microsoft-details-other-360-improvements-including-hard-drive-g/
    I like the sound of the game install feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Dman001 wrote: »
    I thought that was a bad conference but that might be vecause I was expecting something big.

Me too, I'm kinda disappointed to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

My Impressions:

Fallout 3 looks fantastic, can't wait for it.

Fable 2 looked a bit dodgy tbh but I'm still hopeful.

Resi 5's co-op looks like a fantastic addition, although I don't really play survival horror games.

GoW2 did nothing for me, the same as the first game.

The Portal announcement was the highlight of the conference for me. Can't wait for that. Don't care much for Geometry Wars after playing SSHD, and the other XBLA stuff was a bit meh.

Blatant ripping off of Singstar, Buzz, Eyetoy and Miis to varying degrees is not entirely surprising. Their Singstar game could be good, it's got a great devteam behind it. The quizzes could be great too, if I understand correctly they'll be actual live quizzes with a real presenter exactly like a tv show, but with players replacing the contestants. I was in a beta of something like that which EA ran a while back with a radio host and it was brilliant, so if they do it right it could be huge.

The Eyetoy rip off on the other hand was utter muck. It's developed by Kuju in the UK, who churn out the worst kind of shovelware crap, I wouldn't touch it. The Mii copies seemed mostly harmless, nothing that interested me though. The new Live interface looked neither better nor worse, just different. I'll look forward to trying it though.

I have no interest whatsoever in Rock Band or Guitar Hero so that section completely passed me by.

Finally, was the big Square announcement. A bit of a surprise and good news if you were hanging on I guess, doesn't make a bit of difference to me as I'll still be getting the PS3 version. That's quite a list of RPGs Square have in the pipeline now though, should be no shortage come next year!

Overall I thought the conference was ok, some nice announcements although they wasted way too much time on music / casual stuff which didn't come off well. I especially loved the Guitar Hero guy desperately trying to get a crowd reaction.

I expect better from the other 2 tomorrow.

• Advertisement

The dashboard update is to be mandatory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

That poem for the Gears of War trailer was pretty cool. They sure do know how to make a good trailer.

Dont know about Nintendo but Sonys keynote wont be better tomorrow unless they show me some God of War 3 or That Cloverfield type monster Resistance battle. Dont really want to watch more Killzone 2 crap :pac:

And lips is a blatant rip off of singstar, eyetoy etc. Just like trophies are a blatant rip off of achievements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i'd be very surprised if the portal expansion isn't released for free on pc through steam knowing valves support for the platform along with all the TF2 free maps and updates that have been coming out recently. I imagine "xbox exclusive" just means its not coming to ps3.

Screw paying 800 ms points for a couple of extra maps. If it comes down to it being console exclusive i'm sure the nice map making community will make things better :)

looking forward to banjo kazooie as i never played the original. hopefully its not just some half arsed port. i wouldn't expect somthing on the level of conker live and reloaded remake but a bit of a spit and polish wouldnt do any harm (widescreen support at least!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Gears 2 will also include a new 5 player coop mode called Horde where 5 players go up against wave after wave of locust.

Also included will be the 8 person chat as rumoured months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Overall a bit of a disappointment of a showing. I suppose now that E3 is no longer what it was they are spreading out their announcements over the year as oppossed to having one major event.

The Banjoo game on XBLA was a pleasant suprise. I've never played it so am really looking forward to that one.

However the FFXIII announcement was an absolute shocker by anybodys standards. When the video start rolling I assumed that it was a new FF for the 360. When I say the man character from FFXIII peer out from behind the gun my jaw nearly hit the floor. Never thought it would happen.

Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the conference holds. Still waiting for a Skies of Arcadia 2 announcement from Sega:D

Advertisement