Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oz simple question

• 14-07-2008 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

is it possible i get a 3 month visa and then a working holiday visa a month later?

I want to travel for 3 months but need to come home for something and then want to go back over to work for the year?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think you would have to apply for the Working holiday visa after you leave Australia. But I'm not 100% sure....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Trapattoni wrote: »
    is it possible i get a 3 month visa and then a working holiday visa a month later?

I want to travel for 3 months but need to come home for something and then want to go back over to work for the year?

Cheers
    You can get a 3 month HOLIDAY visa yes
    then apply for WHV later, in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

You have to be outside of Australia when you apply for the working holiday visa. It usually only takes a few days to process. Other than that you should be fine.

However, I'd look into the possibility that you'd have to spend three months in oz, then three months outside of oz, before you can get another visa. A lot of places have an 'x amount of time in, x amount of time out' policy to prevent people from leaving and re-entering every time a visa runs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

You can travel to Australia on the normal Holiday visa for you first three months. You can then return home to Ireland and then apply for the WHV.

Do not apply for your WHV visa until after you have left Australia the first time.

It will not be granted if you apply for it from within Australia, and if you apply for it before you travel the first time as soon as you enter Australia your WHV would be activated.

I don't think there is any rules regarding a waiting period in between obtaining visas.

Advertisement