Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anonyw reccomend a good long lasting dye for plaster?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

I am lookijng for a dye for my plaster so that its chocolate brown (no accounting for taste i know!)
    there is some powedered stuff at the diy store and i used tha on the chimneys but its already faded and i presume will fade to grey.
    has anyone heard of a product or know what people use?
    thanks

edit -
    sorry this should be in DIY. just noticed its in the wrong place, hopefuly someone i'll move it. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭4400kevin

Have you thought about a machine applied coloured render although I have not seen a chocolate brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

any other ideas for brown/non grey finish plaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

Is this (http://www.evode.co.uk/corpweb/p2.nsf/PageTitleLookup/Cement%20Colours?OpenDocument) the stuff you used? It says it's lightfast in the blurb.

Thinking about using some myself but will avoid if it's no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Have you looked at kRend?

http://www.irishaggregates.com/products/dashing/krenddashreceiver.htm

Most plasterers I talked to recommend it, comes in various colours. Im sure there are threads up here on that too if you do search.

Tommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

cheers tommy
    that looks interesting gonna read up now thanks.
    is that actually a render premixed with color as opposed to a dye that you add to your own rendder mix.
    i like the sound of it premixed for color consistency.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

jasperok wrote: »
    cheers tommy
    that looks interesting gonna read up now thanks.
    is that actually a render premixed with color as opposed to a dye that you add to your own rendder mix.
    i like the sound of it premixed for color consistency.
    thanks

No bother, its a premixed render as opposed to a dye you add to your plaster. You just need to add water to it. If you're near an Irish Aggregates depot call in to them and they'll give you a nice sample pack with actual samples of all the colours.

Advertisement