Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

counselling courses in midlands

Options
  • 14-07-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi new to this first post, does anyone know of good night courses around the midlands in counselling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Joe1919

You could try this http://www.laoisthirdlevel.ie/descript/descriptions.htm & link http://www.laoisthirdlevel.ie/descript/ncii.htm
    (Portarlington, Co Laois) Other counties may have similar initiatives.
    Best of Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

It might be worth checking with the IACP www.irish-counselling.ie. Under one of the information sheets, I think they have a list of approved counselling courses around the country. I am currently undertaking one in Dublin with PCI www.pcicollege.ie, who have courses in various locations across the country - Dublin, Kilkenny, and a few other places too, so may be worth checking them out too. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Magga

Thanks irishamethyst for that information, how are you finding the course you are doing with pci, which one is it, i would probably have to do the foundation course first which is one year and costs 1,450 euro. I'd like to know if the foundation one is good, also the start date for my local one is 6th october and I am away that week on holiday, would you miss much on the first night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Hi Magga, I did my foundation course with another College. It is intense fitting the degree course in, with working full-time, but so worth it. Generally speaking the first night, would more than likely be a brief introduction - might be worth contacting the College about it, to see what they have to say. Best of luck with it, and would be interested to hear how you get on.

Some people on my course did the foundation course with PCI College, and thought it was fab - based on what I have heard them say anyway.

Advertisement