Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tusky wrote: »
    C
    From the looks of things, Rafas entire budget is from player sales. He may buy a wide player for around 14m (specially if Pennant & Voronin are sold). If this happens, he will have spent a net amount of 10m..which is tiny.

While the above is possible, I would be surprised if Rafa hasn't been given at least €20 million for transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Gerrard is out for the next 10 days with a groin strain and has left the squad in switzerland to return home. rumor on irishkop that keane is in liverpool for a medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

DeadSkin wrote: »
    But Mike, Legend?

Not so much a legend for us, but a legend none the less. just the same as Jari litmannen is, despite not playing an awful lot for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gerard sent home from Switzerland to recover from a groin injury. Will miss next 2 games.

Oops .. just saw BastardPrince post. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

pre season game is on channel 5 now does anyone know if channel 5 is available on sky and if so what number is it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Voronin 1- 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Liverpool didn't hold the lead for long.

1-1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Any stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

http://www.justin.tv/westbrom

Was five live but the stream was changed, commentary isn't in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Not so much a legend for us, but a legend none the less. just the same as Jari litmannen is, despite not playing an awful lot for us.

Agreed! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Guthrie grabbed a goal on his debut for newcastle and set up one of Duff's three...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was gonna mention Guthrie too, Voronin then, what will we do if he gets an injury?

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

still a bit sickened to see Guthrie go, from a pool fan point of view.
    But absolutely hope he takes the premiership by storm top player I reckon.
    Duff with 3? sign him up :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

mike65 wrote: »
    Was gonna mention Guthrie too, Voronin then, what will we do if he gets an injury?

Mike.

Drink myself silly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

PHB wrote: »
    I'm not doubting his talent. I'm just doubting whether or not he can deliver next season. If United's title push rested on Nani being a starter what would you think?

Meh. Nani is one of the most underrated players in the EPL. He is a developing talent and any team would be lucky to have him. It amazes me how so many Man U fans want rid of Nani and treat the frankly awful Anderson as second only to Ronaldo. Without a doubt the most mediocre regularly playing top 4 squad member in England. Anderson to me is like a playing version of Capello- highly rated, horrendously overrated and an individual I wouldnt want having anything to do with my team.

As for the related point I reckon Babel is coming on.

Finnans sale price is ridicilously low. He has 4 odd years left in him, 9 million min tbh.

I think Keane would be a genuinely great addition. He did well enough with average players providing service to him at Spurs, passes from the likes of Torres, Gerrard and Babel might produce alot more :) Hopefully some of which will rub off on green jersey duties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Imagine Alonso with Keane. Think of Andy Reid with Keane, only multiply by 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Think of Andy Reid with Keane, only multiply by 2.

Nah you're grand. Andy Reid is fat enough already:eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

lol.

• Advertisement

Imagine Alonso with Keane. Think of Andy Reid with Keane, only multiply by 2.

Meh. On the road it has hardly been much. Keane hasnt scored an away competitive goal against decent opposition when we had a chance of progression since 2002. Yet according to Martin Jols piece in The Times someone linked earlier, 50% of his EPL goals are away from home! Quite a feat considering the golden boy of 07-08 Torres only managed something like 7 goals away. I think he will do great at Liverpool and I hope to god it is reflected in his Ireland performances, particularly his away games. Basically I want his Pool confirmation in as soon as possible.

Oh, and I recall a column somewhere speculating that Robbies biggest frustration in 7 odd years of his EPL career has been never hitting the net at Old Trafford. Bring on 2008 :D

tbh this has been a very boring frustrating summer on the transfers. Talk after talk after talk of who is moving where yet afaik there hasnt been one confirmed big name transfer (or has Ronaldinhio been confirmed for Milan? tbh it is near the stage you wouldnt consider Ronaldinhio a big name anymore given the form of last season). The manager market has been more interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The transfer window has been open roughly 20 days...

zAbbo wrote: »
    The transfer window has been open roughly 20 days...

And hasnt a huge pile more days left! The offers have been made. They are hardly going to substantially increase. Therefore, get movin or STFU! These long drawn out protracted sagas of teams saying "he wont move, he will never move" despite the fact they will have to sell the player eventually, its a load of sh1te.

shane86 wrote: »
    And hasnt a huge pile more days left! The offers have been made. They are hardly going to substantially increase. Therefore, get movin or STFU! These long drawn out protracted sagas of teams saying "he wont move, he will never move" despite the fact they will have to sell the player eventually, its a load of sh1te.

It's open until the 31st August, there's plenty of time, we have made signings already, and the Keane/Barry deals will be finished soon one way or another.

Personally, I'd rather keep Alonso now, and would like our squad to be finalised as soon possible too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

If the only other signing this summer is keane i will be happy with our squad.Yeah we could do with a quality player out wide but what the hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

gixerfixer wrote: »
    If the only other signing this summer is keane i will be happy with our squad.Yeah we could do with a quality player out wide but what the hell.

I'd go along with that although I really think there 'keane' plus 1 other and possibly one more young kid arriving as he seems to collect them like paninni stickers. But thats just my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Gareth Barry's proposed move to Liverpool is in doubt as the deal hinges on Xabi Alonso leaving the club, but the Spaniard wants to remain at Anfield. (News of the World)

But the Reds will make one final attempt to sign the England midfielder and will increase their cash offer to £16m. (Sunday Times)

If Liverpool fail in their attempts to sign Barry, Rafael Benitez will turn his attentions to Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing. (News of the World)

Times reporting that Liverpool will increase their cash offer to 16m, implying it was 15m
    or 15.5m previously and not the 18m that was reported in a lot of places.
    16m is a lot of money, i hope if its rebuffed then that is the last offer as any more would
    be just too much.

Liverpool are poised to sign 19-year-old French striker David Ngog. (Daily Mail)

1 goal in 19 games in the French league wouldnt exactly fill you with confidence now would it.

Also has anyone else seen this ?
    http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/atletico/es/desarrollo/1148234.html
    Valencia are saying they basically have to sell one of Villa, Silva and Joaquin.
    They say that they had a €22m for Villa already which they rejected but would have to
    look at it again if there was a similiar bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

IrishMike wrote: »
    1 goal in 19 games in the French league wouldnt exactly fill you with confidence now would it.

Also has anyone else seen this ?
    http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/atletico/es/desarrollo/1148234.html
    Valencia are saying they basically have to sell one of Villa, Silva and Joaquin.
    They say that they had a €22m for Villa already which they rejected but would have to
    look at it again if there was a similiar bid.

22m is peanuts for a guy of his quality.Maybe we could spend the 15m on silva and see if they would take xabi in swap for villa:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

raven136 wrote: »
    22m is peanuts for a guy of his quality.Maybe we could spend the 15m on silva and see if they would take xabi in swap for villa:D

22million euro's (bout 17.5m pounds) for villa would be the bargain of the century. couldnt see him goin for that tho, a lot of big clubs would be quite happy to pay 30mill euro's (still only 24mill pounds) just as a starting price.

Looks like we are getting Robbie Keane though so i cant see us making a bid for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Villa would go for 30m plus.

No chance.

Silva could probably be got for about 25m. Be happy to get him. But if it was a choice between him and Keane, I think Keane would have a better impact on any potential title challenge.

Silva and Keane would be sweet :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Anyone know much about this french kid,scored very well in underage levels,including two against england under 18's.
    His record one one in 19 shouldnt be too much of a worry if the were subs and anyhow i read that Benzema also scored 1 in 19,i hope this fella works out just as well

thats the new guy scoring a few goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Looks good to me.

• Advertisement

Lads, when inserting a youtube video, you just need the it, not the whole URL...

I hate you des!

haha, now the video is down.

Must be rafa moving quick :)

Kevin Keegan is at loggerheads with the Newcastle board, who are ready to sell James Milner for more than £10m. (Daily Star)

Liverpool are thought to be ready to make a fresh bid for former England Under-21 player Milner. (Times)

Really really dont want Milner at the club.

Did anyone see Stoke made a 3m bid for Fullop the sunderland reserve keeper and pulled out of a bid for carson for 4m.
    How the hell is the sunderland reserve keeper worth 3m and carson is not worth 4m?
    Insanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Not for 10m anyway. :/

• Advertisement

I actually like Milner, not sure he's worth 10m, but he's a good player nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Is the game against Hertha been shown by anyone?

Is the game against Hertha been shown by anyone?

setanta sports 2 apparently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Didn't LFC TV or Setanta promise to show all the pre season games when the channel launched ?

Just back from hols to find the new thread is now the old thread and the new new thread seems to be no different to the old threads so not really sure why things have changed but whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

setanta sports 2 apparently...

If ye have access to it, DSF (Germany) is showing the match live also.
    One of those Lidl/Aldi satelite systems is enough to pick it up.

Masch confirms he's off to Beijing (we all knew it was going to happen anyway)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/07/22/masch-off-to-beijing-dreaming-of-double-100252-21382102/

Also David Ngog due at Melwood today for his medical - fee is 1.5m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This Ngog fella, he must be Voronins replacement surely?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Replacement for Crouch more like. I felt if Crouch left we would always be in the hunt for a target man like Kenny Jones or Adebayor. It seems Ngog is the target man this time. Hopefully he ends up like Adebayor coming from nowhere and scoring goals for fun now.

And yes the promised to show all friendly games on LFC TV @ zing.
    So far this summer two have been shown on FIVE, which can't be gotten on Sky Ireland as it is encrypted.

Must be - TB yesterday said he would be going into the first team rather than the reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Replacement for Crouch more like. I felt if Crouch left we would always be in the hunt for a target man like Kenny Jones or Adebayor. It seems Ngog is the target man this time. Hopefully he ends up like Adebayor coming from nowhere and scoring goals for fun now.

And yes the promised to show all friendly games on LFC TV @ zing.
    So far this summer two have been shown on FIVE, which can't be gotten on Sky Ireland as it is encrypted.

No, LFC promised to show all Liverpools home friendlies live, and away friendlies after a few hours delay.
    5 still have the deal for the away friendlies this year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement