Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I love the the "new" grey jersey!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

emc2 wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to this?

http://www.justin.tv/koncerto

Not in english, quality aint great and for some bizzare reason the channel keeps hoppin' over to the Arsenal game :(

Edit: think there's only 15mins left in the Arsenal game, so they might stick with the 'pool game then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

DeadSkin wrote: »
    http://www.justin.tv/koncerto

Not in english, quality aint great and for some bizzare reason the channel keeps hoppin' over to the Arsenal game :(

Edit: think there's only 15mins left in the Arsenal game, so they might stick with the 'pool game then.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

well if lfc lose we know what to blame.

emc2, found english commentary if ya can handle ray houghton.
    Better quality too.

http://www.justin.tv/hippy_

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

This Nemeth kid must be special. His internatiol record is astounding if you look him up on wiki: u17: 9(11)
    u19: 8(12)
    u21: 7(13)
    No senior caps yet, but I'll say he might get 6(14)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

DeadSkin wrote: »
    emc2, found english commentary if ya can handle ray houghton.
    Better quality too.

http://www.justin.tv/hippy_

super stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭redcrew

anyone know what the half time changes were?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

redcrew wrote: »

everyone except plessi and diego. no torres, alonso or reina yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

redcrew wrote: »

Diego

Finnan - Carra - Agger - Insua

Pennant - Plessis - Spearing - Kuyt

Nemeth - Pacheco

Don't like the new grey jersey

thanks...just found the video stream now...anyone got a better quality one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.justin.tv/daave1

Ray Houghton STFU

Mike

thanks..that's much better...thanks mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Other than Robbie Keane, have Liverpool managed a shot on target yet?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I thought this would be a gentle enough game.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Other than Robbie Keane, have Liverpool managed a shot on target yet?

yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

So I hear the crowd were singing "He's Fast, He's Red, He talks like father ted It's Robbie Keane, Robbie Keane!" is this going to be a regular now I wonder :pac:

Spearing nearly a goal with the last shot of the game.

Mike

Spearing pinged that volley at the end, unlucky tho'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Not sure I learned a whole lot. Ngog mightn't be as bad as I was expecting him to be (not that he was good, but he wasn't sheite), and Diego might be an alright sub keeper. Otherwise confirmed my opinion that Voronin is brutal on the wing and Spearing is a superior player to Plessis and Alonso can hardly be inferior to Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Not sure I learned a whole lot. Ngog mightn't be as bad as I was expecting him to be (not that he was good, but he wasn't sheite), and Diego might be an alright sub keeper. Otherwise confirmed my opinion that Voronin is brutal on the wing and Spearing is a superior player to Plessis and Alonso can hardly be inferior to Barry.

Agree with a lot of that - Ngog definite potential there, but as Rafa said lookes a little physically weak. Diego a big step up from Itandje on the bench fromwhat I've seen so far. Voronin - in a way thought Sky were a bit cruel showing his failed attempt at a back heel three times. Offered very little on the right wing. Don't agree about the Plessis v Spearing comparison - Spearing is an attacking midfielder, whereas Plessis is a defensive midfielder. Thought Plessis had a decent enough game breaking up the play especially in the second half - looked a bit over awed alongside Gerrard and seemed to leave a lot to him. Alonso sure looked like he had a point to prove when he came on. Massive reaction when Pepe came on - much bigger than when the other Spanish lads came on if Im not mistaken.

Not very exciting but most importantly looked like no injuries picked up.

Getting a bit tired of the phoney war business - role on the CL qualifier game:)

Pepe played two seasons at Villareal and the game was part of his signing deal so a big "Hola!" was always likely!

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

dont think Barry is capable to playing a corner like the one put on Spearings foot, or a ball like the one through to Torres.

If Alonso regains form, it'll be better than Barry. Way better.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I missed the match sadly - I hear alonso look like a man with a point to prove, truth?

that the truth, one of the passes for Nando was out of this world.

maybe Barry saga has given Xabi the kick in the ass he needed and it was all a masterplan to do just that!

glad to hear it - I want to have sex with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Mr Alan wrote: »
    dont think Barry is capable to playing a corner like the one put on Spearings foot, or a ball like the one through to Torres.

If Alonso regains form, it'll be better than Barry. Way better.

Ye I can't understand why gerrard takes corners (they're awful), when spearing cracked that ball from alonso it reminded me of when Gerrard was in that position from corners and used to do the same, cant understand why Alonso doesn't take them and leave Gerrard in that position

mayordenis wrote: »
    glad to hear it - I want to have sex with him.

My brother wouldnt like to hear that.

He makes my feelings for Torres look harmless ;)

colly10 wrote: »
    Ye I can't understand why gerrard takes corners (they're awful), when spearing cracked that ball from alonso it reminded me of when Gerrard was in that position from corners and used to do the same, cant understand why Alonso doesn't take them and leave Gerrard in that position

We all know what Gerrard can do from that range at the edge of the box, it's a bloody waste

• Advertisement

Believe me my feelings for shabby will make mugabe look harmless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Impressed by;
    Keane - looked lively, went deep in search of the ball, a lot of movement.
    Cavileri - looked good, solid and confident, much better then Itandje and the Padelli the previous year.
    Darby - Strong no nonsense performance, didn't shy away from the ball
    Insua - Same, thought he was better defensively then Dossena, gave away a few free's that wouldn't have been free's in the prem
    Pacheco - very clever sneaky looking player, unlucky with his chance, but excellent for a 17year old
    Nemeth - didn't get long but looked lively, always looking for a sniff at goal.
    Kuyt - Put in a great leaders performance. Really took on the mantle in midfield, kept things moving, always looking for the ball. Looked very confident.
    Torres - Obviously a bit out of practice, but just showed he's on another level with a few of his touches, particularly when he was fouled on the edge of the box.
    Yossi - creative and active in the 1st half, great play to set up Ngog

Ngog looked ok, nothing great in this game, but clealy has a bit of pace and a decent instinct, needs to build up strength and confidence though, and needs to force himself into the game more, was very quiet at times while Robbie was running everywhere.

Thought Pennant and Voronin were both very poor. I wonder if they know they're on the way out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

I think it's as clear as day that both finnan and voronin know they are surplass to requirements but pennent i dont know about.Would like to see him given another year to prove himself

Bentley signed for Spurs.
    Possible now we see more reports of Pennant goin' to Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

It's preseason, but we do look like we have a better squad than last year. We've gained in the first team squad and a number of the reserve team are pushing on for places. Alot of people have talked up Insua, but Darby for me looks the better player. I think he'll do a job for us in the first team if asked.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

any1 else think Plessis was rubbish? Could be the preseason, but for a holding midfielder he does shag all running, looks very lazy.

i actually think that Plessis has looked very good.

dardoz wrote: »
    any1 else think Plessis was rubbish? Could be the preseason, but for a holding midfielder he does shag all running, looks very lazy.

I dunno, i was happy enough with him. Seen him play a decent passing game already, but with not enough tackling. Today i saw more of the tackling side. Obviously Rafa see's something in him and is testing him out a bit anyway, only outfield player to get more then 45mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

thought we might see a bit more from dossena. he doesnt look the most mobile left back ever, he's a big lad. be interested to see what he brings to the team.

i like insua, he's a bit short, but well built, mobile, fast. seems to be alot of potential there.

not a whole lot to take from the game as has been said. alonso did look promising though

agger looks alot more like a leader just from the pre-season games we've had so far, far more vocal and seems far more in command of his area, looks alot more confident. having himself and a resurgent alonso will be like having 2 new signings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

dardoz wrote: »

I thought it was one of his better games. Got plenty of tackles in.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Only saw 25 mins of the 1st half. Had to work unfortunately. Dossena is very keen to get forward and looks confident enough on the ball. Was impressed with Darby. I'd like to see him get a few games in the Carling Cup to get a better idea of him.
    Delighted with our new sub keeper Cavileri. Was always praying Reina wouldn't get injured as I'd NO confidence in Itandje.
    From what I saw, I didn't like our defense too much at all but it was hardly our first team. Missed Mascher I feel. Thought we were penetrated too easily on a few occasions with only the post and an offside (side) to save us.

Babel scored a good goal for the dutch tonight in a one nil win over the ivory coast.

babel is legend get a few more and come back firing on all cylinders

babel is legend get a few more and come back firing on all cylinders

been drinking?;)

It appears that way but I'm shockingly in work, capital idea though.

• Advertisement

It appears that way but I'm shockingly in work, capital idea though.

you poor guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Gotta love it.

Alonso played a few minutes in a slow, relaxed pre season friendly, and people react like it's the second coming.

Don't get me wrong, he looked good.
    But he played 20 minutes, at a very relaxed pace that suits him perfectly.
    Alonso is always going to look better against Spanish teams.
    His game revolves around being given plenty of time in the center to dictate things.
    Villereal aren't what you'd call a hustling team now are they.
    The loose possesion, and just sit back and wait for the ball to come back to them.
    Alonso could have taken a nap while in possesion and not been challenged.
    Can any of ye see that happening in the premiership?!

And even ignoring that, as I said it was twenty mins in a pre season friendly.

I want Xabi ti stay and be his 21 year old self as much as the rest of ye.
    But don't let things run away with ye lads!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Barry nonsense still seems ongoing
    >points in direction of Saga tread.:(

As I said in that tread I REALLY DO NOT WANT A SITUATION WHERE WE END UP WITH BARRY AND ALONSO IN THE SQUAD TOGETHER - I could only see it as a mis-allocation of resources. I know you love CMs Rafa but what about the left side?:o

Was just thinking, I don't expect the Rangers game to be up to much on Saturday given their problems with the Champions League qualifier and the fact that they will be playing Kaunas next Wednesday. Meaningless friendly vs Champions League qualifier? What odds we see a complete Rangers reserve team? Can't see them risking many first-teamers or if any of the first-teamers who do actually play making any serious effort. Bit of a shame really as the pre-season games did seem to be progressing nicely in the intensity stakes - not that last night was hectic, but at least there were one or two decent tackles going in - Darby's effort in the 1st half spring to mind. Also if Rangers do get through is there not a chance we might get drawn against them? Also is the first leg of the CL qualifier tie on the 12th or 13th - I have had a bit of a look but nowt on the offical site or the BBC.

Cheers for the link to the Babel goal mayordenis - he looked kwality - I know it was only against U-23 but the finish and assist showed lovely composure. The video clips combined with a report on the game sounded like he was in super form. Fingers crossed he'll bring that form back to the PL from China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Barry nonsense still seems ongoing
    >points in direction of Saga tread.:(

As I said in that tread I REALLY DO NOT WANT A SITUATION WHERE WE END UP WITH BARRY AND ALONSO IN THE SQUAD TOGETHER - I could only see it as a mis-allocation of resources. I know you love CMs Rafa but what about the left side?:o

I think Alonso will be sold but maybe rafa is worried about the effect of the olympics on the team.

And Barry can play on the left.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement