Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

sweetie wrote: »
    if robinho goes to chelsea would joe cole be surplus? Can't see them letting him move to anfield tho.

Nice thought.Classy player :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

sweetie wrote: »
    if robinho goes to chelsea would joe cole be surplus? Can't see them letting him move to anfield tho.

As good as he is, I'd just hate him in a red jersey!
    He's just not a nice person.

Remember when he refused to let some of the English team, like Crouch watch the Istanbul final, cause he thought that heshould be in it.
    They were on tour in America, and he insisted on them going for a walk and not watching cause he ws so bitter.

I just can't stand the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Remember when he refused to let some of the English team, like Crouch watch the Istanbul final, cause he thought that he should be in it.
    They were on tour in America, and he insisted on them going for a walk and not watching cause he ws so bitter.

I have a thing against him too. There is an air of wanker about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Jordy Brouwer to go on loan fo the season with Utrecht

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3949986,00.html

A good move for him. Never been sure about him and hopefully he'll get some 1st action and we'll see if he's able to make the step up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Remember when he refused to let some of the English team, like Crouch watch the Istanbul final, cause he thought that heshould be in it.

I never heard that before.
    I heard him and Lampard and Terry just couldn't bear to watch it. I'm pretty sure Michael Owen said he watched it with England team???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

zing wrote: »
    Jordy Brouwer to go on loan fo the season with Utrecht

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3949986,00.html

A good move for him. Never been sure about him and hopefully he'll get some 1st action and we'll see if he's able to make the step up

From what I've see of Brouwer in the reserves I haven't been too impressed. I'm guessing Rafa feels the same way (he's giving the younger, 17, and Nemeth, 19, chances in preseason, but not the older Brouwer, 20). Maybe with some competitive first team football he might progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What was he wearing?

Leather Chaps Don't recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

PHB wrote: »
    Whatever ever happend to Guilemes english speaking player who isn't English?

Keano!! Keano!!

Edit: Sorry my browser wasn't refreshed when I posted that! I'm sure you all know who Rafa's nice surprise was by now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

How could he have that much influence on not allowing them watch the final?
    One thing I don't like about him is he usually bags a goal against us.
    It wouldn't bother me if he were in a red jersey if he helped us push closer to the Prem title tho'.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    How could he have that much influence on not allowing them watch the final?
    One thing I don't like about him is he usually bags a goal against us.
    It wouldn't bother me if he were in a red jersey if he helped us push closer to the Prem title tho'.

Maybe allow isn't the right word.
    He compained so much that a few of the team eventually left with him.
    While the rest of the squad were watching at the hotel, Cole complained and eventually Crouch and a few others agreed to go to town with him.
    When they heard what was happening in th second half, they all rushed into a sports bar to watch, but even them Cole sat outside and refused to watch.

Crouch said all this in an interview after he signed for us.

Cole was so bitter about loosing, that he wouldn't watch the match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.justin.tv/live24

Team for tonight

Reina
    Arbeloa-Carra-Agger-Dossena
    Alonso-Plessis
    -Kuyt----Keane---Benayoun
    Torres

Subs: Cavalieri, Hyypia, Finnan, Voronin, Pennant, Insua, Ngog, Spearing, Nemeth, El Zhar.

No Pacheco :(

Mike.

Maybe allow isn't the right word.
    He compained so much that a few of the team eventually left with him.
    While the rest of the squad were watching at the hotel, Cole complained and eventually Crouch and a few others agreed to go to town with him.
    When they heard what was happening in th second half, they all rushed into a sports bar to watch, but even them Cole sat outside and refused to watch.

Crouch said all this in an interview after he signed for us.

Cole was so bitter about loosing, that he wouldn't watch the match.

Hmm, I didn't know that.
    The only Cole I'd have a problem seeing in a red shirt is Cashley.

mike65 wrote: »
    No Pacheco :(

Mike.

I'm not convinced we'll see much of Pacheco this year. He's only 17. Think Rafa wanted to give him a run out in preseason to help his confidence, and see how he integrates with the big boys. He's played well, but I have a feeling that Nemeth and N'Gog will be ahead of him in the pecking order for thsi campaign.

Pennant and Voronin are in the squad so read into that what you will.

Mike

Putting them in the shop window:)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

kick off delayed for 15 mins, if anyone on a stream is wondering what is going on.

http://mikeisyou.webs.com/ altenative stream scroll down to near the bottom select the game from the menu.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

All pretty low key, Liverpool started brightly without applying any sustained pressure then Lazio started to get more ball and further up the pitch, both sides have had half chances but its quite "freindly" in feel apart from the ref who blatently fouled Alonso. :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

thought dossena has looked pretty good throughout,
    some great passing from alonso and shockingly good passing from both carragher and plessis,
    i'm sure the changes will be coming thick and fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Good pre-season start so far

Dossena looks good, Keane and Benni have worked hard as has Kuyt

Shocking miss from nando from 7 yards :D

One change, Ngog on for Torres.

oNLY ONE Voronin!

What a finish by Vorinon

Sensational finish. Who said we should sell him?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

absolutely hung it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Nice pass by Spearing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Interesting (non-)celebration???

Might add a couple more 0's to his pricetag :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Great finish by Voronin but credit too to Spearing for the pass. I thought Alonso played very well again tonight. Kuyt was very disappointing. He didn't seem to want to take the Lazio left back on once during the match and he also missed a couple of good chances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

does anyone else cringe anytime vorinin scores? :(

The opposition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

clown bag wrote: »
    Why would you cringe? He's a Liverpool player and as such deserves support just like any other player when they are wearing the red shirt. Unless you don't actually mean Voronin but rather some other player?

It's very hard to take something from friendlies, but, I thought Ngog played well, very comfortable on the ball. He only joined up with the squad a few weeks ago and looks like he settled in well.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

plessis and ngog impressed for me tonight. they could be the real difference imo. alonso looks really up for it. plenty of chants for him, as well as plenty of 'keano' that makes me suspect we will be hearing it all season, no matter what anyone thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Alonso looks better as well. Had a good game. As the OP said, its hard to take too much from pre season... and as we say round here ... "In Rafa we Trust"... Im sure he will have seen enough to get his team basis for the coming season.

Alonso was the best player out there tonight. Hopefully we see him play in Belgium on Wednesday night. That will kill a lot of the rumours of him leaving.

Spearing did well tonight when he came on.

N'Gog showed a great burst of speed down the left wing just before he put in teh cross for Voronin's goal. The guy has massive potential.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The opposition?

The game was against lazio who weren't brilliant goign forward but decent defensively

Ngog looked good as he has done pre season and I am liking Dossena going forward, defensively remains to be tested

Spearing looks alright and Plessis is good back up for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think Plessis is more than adequate back up for Mascherano. We're not going to find any holding player who is a) within our price range, b) good enough for Liverpool and c) willing to spend a season mostly on the bench. Plessis reminds me so much of Hamman, i think he'll be a fantastic player in a few years. He's an excellent passer, i just think he needs to toughen up a little. Sometimes he can be reluctant to make a challenge. I would start him and Alonso against Sunderland, regardless of whether or not Gerrard is fit.

I think Plessis is more than adequate back up for Mascherano. We're not going to find any holding player who is a) within our price range, b) good enough for Liverpool and c) willing to spend a season mostly on the bench. Plessis reminds me so much of Hamman, i think he'll be a fantastic player in a few years. He's an excellent passer, i just think he needs to toughen up a little. Sometimes he can be reluctant to make a challenge. I would start him and Alonso against Sunderland, regardless of whether or not Gerrard is fit.

I agree that he is adequate for now, and has massive potential. I just feel he needs to get regular first team football to improve his confidence (his reluctance to challenge at times). If we get Barry (which is a big if at the moment), I wouldn't mind seeing him go out on loan to a team like Bolton or Fulham where he would get a lot more first team time than he's likely to get at Liverpool.

• Advertisement

clown bag wrote: »

I sure as hell don't.
    Voronin is a class player and will always score.

I've said the whole time that he'll score about 1 in 3, which he has, and will do if he stays.

Voronin is a Liverpool player, and any Liverpool supporter who cringes when a Liverpool player scores (consistantly!) needs to get their head checked!

tricky D wrote: »
    Interesting (non-)celebration???

Supposedly Voronin has said that he intends to "silence" his critics.

3 goals in 4 pre-season starts is a nice way to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

New signing hopefully coming soon says Rafa when talking about Alonso. Barry I presume?
    "He was playing well," he said.

"That was positive for us. He is a good player and hopefully we will have another good player coming in soon. We can improve so we will try to improve."

"Clearly we have problems on the left," he said. "We have sold Riise and Kewell and Fabio Aurelio is injured. Leto doesn't have a work permit and Babel is at the Olympic Games, so I think we can improve in this area."

Anyone have Voronins goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I hope the other new player is not Barry to push Alonso out. As Rafa said, a left sided player ... a winger preferably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

im hoping for Suarez still. Scored again today for Ajax against Arsenal.

Otherwise would like Downing, with Riera being another very likely one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

GBX wrote: »
    I hope the other new player is not Barry to push Alonso out. As Rafa said, a left sided player ... a winger preferably.

But Barry can play on the left and is really good when he does. I think that he could be a great solution until Babel is back and Aureillo is fit, then the headaches can start especially with the performances that Alonso and Plessis have put in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

swalsh wrote: »
    But Barry can play on the left and is really good when he does. I think that he could be a great solution until Babel is back and Aureillo is fit, then the headaches can start especially with the performances that Alonso and Plessis have put in

if he is playing LM in a 442 maybe, Barry should not play LWF in Liverpools usual 4-2-3-1 as that role simply would not suit him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

swalsh wrote: »

Spending 18m on Barry to play him on the left wing ? No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

I totally agree but I feel that this is going to be the formation in Belgium and possibly for the first pl game against Sunderland. As I said it is when we get our Olympians back that the headaches will really start and although it has been discussed both here and in the Barry thread I do believe that only good can come from Liverpool signing Barry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Enjoyed watching Alonso play. He looks as if he's fighting for his place and from what I've seen so far, (granted that they are only pre-season games), he's doing enough to give Rafa a selection headache. Just wondering, if Alonso is on the bench for the CL qualifier, does that mean he's cup tied whether he gets subbed or not?
    If Gerrard is fit then he should play against Sunderland. Take him off early if the game seems to be wrapped up but I'd want our best XI on the pitch for first fixture of the season. Starting the season with a win gives the team a massive boost I feel.
    On the game tonight, Lazio were out to not conceed and maybe nick a goal on the counter. Thought their defense was impressive enough so I was delighted when Voronin scored.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement