Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

while i agree with you, i just felt it should be pointed out Alonso wasnt an Agger/Skrtel signing. he was recognised as having a lot of potential in spain and we did pay nearly 11m for him... ;)

Thats true and potential is one thing. I did watch spanish football at the time and did remember him as having a good pass on him but wasn;t sure he could survive in the EPL. He looked like had a case of first season syndrome but this last season he has definately learned to make his own half yard of space when marked to pick out a great pass. While he's not the same as Agger and Skrtel in that regard I'd have someone that same as him now. Only time will tell and Rafa knows what he wants so hopefully he'll be able to get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Mr Alan wrote: »
    PHB, without meaning to state the obiovus.

there is not a team with world class players in every position

Utd for example.

Vidic-Ferdinand=yes
    Ronaldo=yes
    carrick-anderson-scholes=not a chance

are you advocating Utd should be aiming to replace its entire midfield cause they arent near top in the world in their position?

Even by your standards, that's a silly supposition. But again, shifting the goalposts to try and back up your shaky notions.

Every team has a work-horse or two in it - Liverpool seem to have them all in attacking positions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ardent wrote: »
    Liverpool seem to have them all in attacking positions!

Huh?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Huh?

Looks like a trolling comment to me!

So, lets get this straight....

Chelsea have signed.....no one.
    Liverpool have signed.....no one.
    Chelseas already old team, will be a year older.
    Liverpools team is coming into their peak with all its top players in mid-late twenties.
    Liverpool have lost.....Sami Hypia,an outstanding servant to the club who is no longer required as 4th choice CB.
    Chelsea are about to lose......Ricardo Carvalho, one of the best CBs in the world.

how are you possibly seeing them overtaking us so far this window?

for crying out loud.

Take a break from your world of make believe to read the news to see who they've already signed in the past week and the players they're recently linked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Every team has a work-horse or two in it - Liverpool seem to have them all in attacking positions!

Would you prefer Kyut or Berbs?

wcarey1975 wrote: »

I'm out.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I'm out.

Thought it best to ignore myself

wcarey1975 wrote: »

Not at all. Kuyt is a prime example, is he not?

Would you prefer Kyut or Berbs?

Depends on the opposition really. If it's a dogs of war game - e.g., Merseyside derby - Kuyt would be perfect. If it's a game against inferior opposition, packed defences, etc, Berbatov every time.

• Advertisement

Not at all. Kuyt is a prime example, is he not?

Well I'll say yes Kuyt is a workhorse, probably the best at it in the league. But to say "Liverpool seem to have them all in attacking positions!" I consider to be a trolling comment just to get a reaction. While not world beaters Riera,Benny are not workhorses and can entertain on their day I wont go into Stevie or El Nino.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

How many "workhorses" have Liverpool in attacking positions then? Are you counting Torres because he tracks back? Yossi because he defends corners? Gerrard because he could pop up anywhere?

Are you confusing a team work ethic with substandard players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Not to change the subject or anything but >>
    Liverpool bid for Sylvain Distin to replace Sami Hyypia

Liverpool have offered £2million to Portsmouth for Sylvain Distin in an attempt to replace Sami Hyypia, who has left for Bayer Leverkusen after ten years at the club. The 31-year-old defender has one year left on his contract at Fratton Park, after joining from Manchester City two years ago.

Given it's from the Times and the situation with Kelly and San Jose, and the budget I think this could well be genuine. Pretty sure there was talk of signing him a couple of years back - maybe three/four years back?

Bringing in someone like Distin as 4th choice for maybe a season or two while Kelly and San Jose continue to develop, seems to be pretty sensible.

Also thinking on it a bit as well as filling the 4th choice CB slot he could also possibly offer cover as emergency 3rd choice LB after Insua/Aurelio, allowing Dossena to be sold

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6427314.ece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

To suggest that kuyt is a liability in any way is farsical.

To suggest he has every attribute going and in no way can the position be improved upon by introducing an alternative, is also farsical.

Where were all you statisticians when dirk went 11 months without a league goal????? ......(is this 'fact' considered trolling?)

Those of us who saw the 90 mins at home to boro would have seen carra get a roasting from tuncay for the majority of it. I think im right in saying that Tusky was the first to suggest that tuncay would be a decent addition. With finances as they are, i wouldnt disagree, a similar workrate to kuyt and a better finisher imo. Im sure tusky would love to tell us this, wherever he is on his travels.

daithijjj wrote: »

Where were all you statisticians when dirk went 11 months without a league goal????? ......(is this 'fact' considered trolling?)

No

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

To suggest that kuyt is a liability in any way is farsical.

To suggest he has every attribute going and in no way can the position be improved upon by introducing an alternative, is also farsical.

Those of us who saw the 90 mins at home to boro would have seen carra get a roasting from tuncay for the majority of it. I think im right in saying that Tusky was the first to suggest that tuncay would be a decent addition. With finances as they are, i wouldnt disagree, a similar workrate to kuyt and a better finisher imo. Im sure tusky would love to tell us this, wherever he is on his travels.

But you have to rate someone by there last season,
    3 years ago Ronaldinho was the worlds best yada yada,
    Dirk Kuyt last season has been tremendous, that's the crux of it we can go back to his 11 month drought the season before this but why would we he's been right up there alongside Alonso and Gerrard for our player of the season this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Even by your standards, that's a silly supposition. But again, shifting the goalposts to try and back up your shaky notions.

ANY elaboration on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

At least Rooney can play up front. Have you ever seen Kuyt play up front? It's like kicking a ball against a wall.

I have, here, you can too

and from his first season with us, up front

Also, lets not forget that he's one of very very very few players to have scored in every round of the champions league, and he did it in only 2 campaigns.

I <3 Kuyt.

Take a break from your world of make believe to read the news to see who they've already signed in the past week and the players they're recently linked to.

Linked to!? Really?! Are you serious?! Christ, in that case lads better break out the champers, we've got Silva, Lavezzi, Suarez, Aguero and Villa all to look forward to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

So we'd need somebody with Kuyts work ethic but more creative?

Messi isn't for sale:)

Re Kuyt, I haven't spoken to one single Pool fan all season who would want him sold.
    Selling him would be madness,and I'd be amazed if it was part of Rafas summer plan.
    For those of you who don't rate him,you better get used to him,he'll be around for a long time imo,and I for one am grateful for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

1. Karmaferie, do you expect relatively new members to this forum like myself to know or appreciate that a subject has been "done to death", like kuyts previous season???

Are fairly new members only allowed to speak about whats in todays newspapers?. I would like to think that new members who join can discuss what they like if its within the rules, your previous personal verbal battles with whoever are of little consequence to my right, or anyone elses, to discuss it dont you think?

I'm reffering the fact, that as I'm sure you know, Kuyts father died last season.
    As I'm sure you know Kuyts father was his reason for being a footballer.
    When Dirk joined Liverpool, he used to travel to all bar one or two of Liverpools home games.
    He barely missed any of Dirks games throughout his whole career.
    He was dying of cancer, and sadly passed awa during the season, and all involved with Dirk on a proffesional and personal level, including the man himself admit that this was the reason for his form last year.
    Understandably.

I was reffering to Dirks loss been public record, not any discussions about it here on this thread.
    daithijjj wrote:
    2. You keep comparing kuyt to rooney and ronaldo (i dont know where to start on the inclusion of fowler and rush in there ;)). I dont disagree with the comparisons you make but if your going to bring in stats would you please just use the stats over a more fair period. You are just using kuyts best season against arguably the other twos 'worst' season. I mean if i brought out the stats for djimi traores best season and compared it to evras worst season what would it prove?.......that they are somehow comparable?? (if you can bring rush and fowler into it i can bring that up) ;).

First off i brought up Rush and Fowler, as you belittled Kuyts goals cause it was a tap in.
    Tap in's are what good strikers do.
    Simple.

Secondly, I keep brining up Rooney and Ronaldo, as they are the only two wingers in Englnd paying better than Kuyt.
    Again. Simple.

Thirdly, Ronaldo has had one amazing season, and one good one, the ress were very fair.

I can bring up the first three seasons where he scored, 6 then 9, then 12 goals if you want.

And finaly, Forget about season, Traore was never as good in his dreams as Evra on his worst day!:p

daithijjj wrote:
    3. The point your making about kuyt not stamping on anyones nuts etc is a bit lame (sorry :D). Yes kuyt is a total pro in this regard but to suggest he doesnt have a wild lunge in him is a bit naive, do you remember his lunge at phil neville in the derby game??? He didnt connect but if he did it was 3 games.

This is really a very simple point here.
    If you don't get suspended, you don't cost your team.
    Kuyt has never once been suspended for Liverpool in his whole career here!
    Rooney averages at 11-12 yellow cards a season.
    This means that Rooney can't play in games that he's fit for.
    It really is very simple!
    daithijjj wrote:
    4. Why do you keep referring to the word 'respect'??? Most of the fans respect kuyt, tis a different thing altogether suggesting that another option can be used in the squad. Using your analysis of kuyt, if your a right wing forward, you might aswell forget about joining liverpool, that position is nailed on for dirk until he is 35 as nobody on the planet could even come close to him. Is it a huge criticism, in your eyes, if i suggested that a player in the mould of, for example, valencia at wigan wouldnt offer something different and could never challenge dirk for the spot if he was signed????

Cause we have no money, and rather than address areas that we need addressing in (left and right back, cover for Torres, another cover for CB, maybe left wing) you want to get somebody to replace one of our better players, and the best right winger in England last year!
    daithijjj wrote:
    5. How is providing improvement on the likes of babel/ el zhar, disimilar from providing competition for kuyt/riera???????.........By analysing your posts i can see that you dont think we can improve much in any area, would you not bother with signing anybody??? and the league is allready in the bag with the current squad??? (i hope you are right ;)). Its just my opinion that the day you cant improve is the day you begin to get left behind.

You really should analyse my posts some more then, is all I can say to that.
    Try by looking up!

daithijjj wrote:
    6. Im not even going to bother with the, kuyt cant do stepovers remark. Seriously, you've got to be having a little poke of fun at me with that????? You can do better im sure;).

No, I wasn't making fun of you.
    I'm pointing out the bias of your point.
    Kuyt makes Liverpool better, and I'm sure if we got a big name right winger in, you'd want him playing, because he can do a trick, and have Hansen and Lauro talking about it on MOTD.
    Kuyt doesn't do tricks.
    He dos all the hard inglorious stuff that wins games.
    Unless we sign Messi, Kuyt is exactly where he should be.

It's not. This missed opportunities as a direct result of his ever-presence in the team far outweigh the number of goals he has scored this season. If we had had more guile and craft down the right wing, it's fair to say we might not have drawn so many games to lesser opposition. It's also possible another quality player in his position would have scored more of the chances that came his way.

You may think that's harsh but I guarantee you, next season, Chelsea and Arsenal will not have campaigns as bad as they had in the season just gone. And United will surely strenghten again. If we don't improve on our problem positions this summer, will face the real possibility of going backwards maybe finishing 4th...or worse. Mark my words.

I guess I have to say this again, then.

Kuyts goal,assist to games ration last season, was 1.8.

that means in ever 1.8 games, Kuyt, from the right wing, either scored a goal, or got an assist.

That, is fu€king amazing.
    And if you can't see that, like Alan, I feel very, very, sorry for you.

mayordenis wrote: »
    But you have to rate someone by there last season,
    3 years ago Ronaldinho was the worlds best yada yada,
    Dirk Kuyt last season has been tremendous, that's the crux of it we can go back to his 11 month drought the season before this but why would we he's been right up there alongside Alonso and Gerrard for our player of the season this year.

I have previously said that dirk has had a good season. Would it not also be fair to suggest that the team has also played alot better this season, thus contributing to any improved stats and vice versa obviously?

The point i was essentially making throughout today, was that some folk can see no possibility of the position being improved by adding alternatives here. A gap has been left in the squad by the departing pennant, albeit a useless small one who favours jack daniels over playing for the club. Is it fair that my, and plenty of others opinions, are dismissed as a 'lack of respect' by suggesting that adding a player with a bit more pace and trickery would help the squad as a whole?

People keep suggesting that there are other places in the team that need strengthening first, i think most would agree that arbeloa has no cover/competition for a place. However nobody flourishes these statements with who they think can improve the team, they just pulverise anyone who nails their colours to the mast and do suggest these players who can have extra competition.

The constant flourishing of stats for example, will prove we got 3 points at home versus boro but they wont show that we were bloddy awful for 80 mins and were largely outplayed. Will the same people who create these stats be doing the same if certain players dont live up to expectations next year? The limitations and weaknesses of the team in general, can be seen in the draws moreso than anything else this season. Our failure in grasping these points when we had a nice lead over the pack was not down to our workrate or endeavour. If i suggest that it was our lack of ability within the team to mix it up, attack wise, i get slaughtered for suggesting that a player who offers something different to kuyt could be introduced........it is not a slight on the player, it is merely an observation that a different type of player could help us out in this department.

Sometimes, there will be situations where a player has the mark on one of our attackers and his whole day has proved unfruitfull. At this point, id just like to bring up the example of fulham away. Dirk was very poor that day for whatever reason and came off after 80. Babel and benny came on and both had a hand in the goal in the 90th minute.

There is a hell of a difference between saying a player should not be in the team and suggesting that a player of a different ilk would prove more beneficial on the day. I have yet to see a post that said kuyt should be sold, most fans respect his contribution, but others are blindsided to listening to any suggestions to an alternative with quality also.

I havent read that reply karmaferie, too tired.......il get back to you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Thank you, that gave me a good laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Torres and Gerrard are workhorses?? :pac: Love it when a poster makes a complete boo boo. Love it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

From football365 website:

Middlesbrough striker Tuncay Sanli admits he would relish a summer move to Liverpool.

The Turkey international is expected to form part of a Riverside Stadium exodus following relegation to the Championship, and there are are sure to be no shortage of potential takers.

He has reportedly attracted the attention of Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, among others, who is said to be keen to pair the 27-year-old alongside Spanish superstar Fernando Torres.

Rumours of interest from Anfield have now reached Tuncay and he claims a switch to Merseyside would appeal.

"Yes, I've heard something about that but nothing official has arrived to me," he said.

"Of course I would like to play for a big club."

I think he would be a great signing for us, wouldn't cost too much of our somewhat restricted transfer kitty and would probably be happy with a bit-part role. IMO he could definately do a decent job as a back-up striker for Torres. Anyone else agree?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

from what I've seen of him, he wastes an awful lot of chances. Much like Keane as well, he has no pace so I would see him as no different than putting Kuty up front in place of Nando.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Just looking at some of his stats there and what surprised me is, he's only been at 'boro the past 2 seasons, I thought he'd been around for years :eek: :o

He has a great attitude, and is a workhorse, which we all know Rafa has a hard-on for.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him at Anfield, if the price is right of course. Could be a good squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I can't believe so many of you are actually taking time out of your day (night) to reply to anything Ardent says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

PiE wrote: »
    I can't believe so many of you are actually taking time out of your day (night) to reply to anything Ardent says.

Yes I do believe he's part of the "Rafa out, Keane out, Can't believe he sold Keane without giving him a chance, Lucas is absolutely Dire, Kuyt is crap, ya don't win titles with players like Benayoun, Aurelio & Arbeloa, Rafa out- he's two negative Brigade!"

What makes you think if all these teams improve that we can't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ardent is a strange cove at times alright, its not going well unless its going badly for him!
    He has reportedly attracted the attention of Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, among others, who is said to be keen to pair the 27-year-old alongside Spanish superstar Fernando Torres.

I doubt he is keen to pair him with Torres at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

PHB wrote: »
    Whatever about the debate about Kuyt and Rooney, the idea that because he plays on the wing he's not good enough is pretty funny, considering that Rooney is often shunted to the left wing :)

It's also ludicrous because you'd hardly suggest that Vidic/Agger/Terry/Ferdinand aren't playing up top because they're 'not good enough'. Kuyt has proven to be a better winger at Liverpool than an up top striker, nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

mike65 wrote: »

I doubt he is keen to pair him with Torres at all.

Not at all but I feel he would be quite a good addition to the squad...of course for the right price. I have no idea how many years he has left on his contract but I suspect we could get him for c. £4 million. That could possibly allow us acquire Glen Johnson, who I feel would be perfect for the way we play.

As regards the debate with Kuyt...well I am guilty of being one of his biggest critics in the past; however I have to applaud him for his contribution this season. Sure I would be delighted if we acquired a winger with a bit of pace that can beat people and whip decent balls into the box (not saying Kuyt doesn't do this at times but not his biggest strength IMO); however at the same time I think with our limited transfer funds we may be better to strengthen the team in other areas.

I feel if we were able to get Glen Johnson, it could be the perfect combination on the right hand side. Johnson is not shy in getting forward and does deliver decent crosses.

Daithijjj, just to make things clearer.
    I'm not saying that you, yourself are being disrespectful to Kuyt.
    You obviously appreciate him.
    It's some of the responses by other posters, as I'm sure you've read over the last few pages, that grind my gears so to speak.

I stick to my guns on the fact that Kuyt is one of our best players on current form.
    And the most effective right sided midfielder in England at the moment.
    He is creating and scoring goals constantly, and consistantly, and because of his work, Gerrard and Torres have more freedom to do what they do.

I simply think that seing as Kuyt is one of the best players we have, playing consistantly, and when we have players not doing as well, then we should be looking at them, before Kuyt.

I'm not saying that Kuyt is untouchable, or that nobody could do better, but that it's not where I would spend our limited funds.

He is creating and scoring goals constantly, and consistantly, and because of his work, Gerrard and Torres have more freedom to do what they do.

QFT

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

From f365 gossip page

"Liverpool are being linked with a £2m move for Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Distin in as 4th choice for pittance would be alright with me. Long as he was willing to accept that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Distin in as 4th choice for pittance would be alright with me. Long as he was willing to accept that.
    Make sure you get on to him so and have a chat about any possible move :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

ya he'd be bought as a 'just in case' if 2 of Agger skittles or carra are out. Also the fact that he's a PL player makes it a better choice than a player from abroad who may take time to bed in to the pace of the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,776 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Distin rarely misses a game for Pompey, doubt he would be happy being 4th choice at Liverpool.

then he wont be making the move i'd imagine.

Daithijjj, just to make things clearer.
    I'm not saying that you, yourself are being disrespectful to Kuyt.
    You obviously appreciate him.
    It's some of the responses by other posters, as I'm sure you've read over the last few pages, that grind my gears so to speak.

I stick to my guns on the fact that Kuyt is one of our best players on current form.
    And the most effective right sided midfielder in England at the moment.

I simply think that seing as Kuyt is one of the best players we have, playing consistantly, and when we have players not doing as well, then we should be looking at them, before Kuyt.

I'm not saying that Kuyt is untouchable, or that nobody could do better, but that it's not where I would spend our limited funds.

Ok karma, i dont really want to go round in circles over that stuff yesterday and i will just drop it, lets just agree to differ on where we can improve. If i just take one point you made in the last point last night, you suggested that left back is an area we can add/improve on......really????

Was the purchase of dossena and the best season for aurelio and insua not good enough??? These are 3 players for left back and you think we need more??? I watched insua at the u20 world cup and he was fantastic, i was inwardly imploring benitez to give him more of a shot when riise was playing rubbish, however, gary ablett in his wisdom, suggested he wasnt ready, perhaps this is a small reason of many that ablett has the p45 in his hand. Im pretty sure im not alone in thinking left back is one area we have plenty in the squad but you have suggested otherwise and would spend the same "limited funds" here.

You have also suggested that left wing can be added/improved upon!!!!! We have agreement here, but i would argue that riera has brought just as much to the table as dirk this season. Has he not???? Im surprised at your 'lack of respect' for rieras contribution....:P:P.

Karma, it is not a lack of respect to suggest that both dirk and riera lack a bit of pace in counter attack mode, its just an observation and we can just agree to differ here if this is the case. Im not going to shy away from my view that i think we can add something at right wing forward and i doubt you will shy away from where you think we can improve. I appreciate your efforts in this thread as they are mostly not the one-line smartass ripostes and you have also enveloped your particular views under an umbrella of reasoning, we just have different views, group hug:pac::p;), and lets move on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I applaud those praising Kuyt.
    He has been outstanding for us this season.
    He along with Yossi really stepped up to the mark when we needed them this season.
    His stats this season speak volumes, almost identical to Rooney but alas he never gets anywhere near the credit Rooney gets.
    Im not saying he is as good as Rooney but hell hes a lot closer than most give the man credit for.
    He has been hugely effective out on the wing and deserves any praise he gets.
    I can only see him getting better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Dcully wrote: »
    I applaud those praising Kuyt.
    He has been outstanding for us this season.
    He along with Yossi really stepped up to the mark when we needed them this season.
    His stats this season speak volumes, almost identical to Rooney but alas he never gets anywhere near the credit Rooney gets.
    Im not saying he is as good as Rooney but hell hes a lot closer than most give the man credit for.
    He has been hugely effective out on the wing and deserves any praise he gets.
    I can only see him getting better.

well f*cking said.

especially the bits in bold.

i would argue that riera has brought just as much to the table as dirk this season. Has he not????

nope he hasn't. not even nearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

But Reira offers width Mr. Alan :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yep Riera has offered alot more than people give him credit for aswell - he's brought some goals, some assists, alot of width and just allows us to stretch there defence that bit more - while he's great in the air and doesn't neglect his defensive duties.

PHB wrote: »
    But Reira offers width Mr. Alan :)

:D

*oh & btw, i aint slating Riera, i think he has been excellent for us in his first season!

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    Yep Riera has offered alot more than people give him credit for aswell - he's brought some goals, some assists, alot of width and just allows us to stretch there defence that bit more - while he's great in the air and doesn't neglect his defensive duties.

And, on his day, has amongst the best touches i've ever seen from a footballer. Can bring the ball past people so easily and fluidly its frightening at times for a guy who doesn't possess incredible pace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement