Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Headshot wrote: »
    usually for Argentina he plays like this

messi----aguero----Tevez

doesnt play well out there at all imo

bit harsh to judge him on that mate, Argentina are a little all over the place at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

True, but you could say bringing a foreigner over is just a big a risk. I think if he does come, he'll be accomodated in the starting 11 somehow. If that means taking awhile to develop in a foreign position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    bit harsh to judge him on that mate, Argentina are a little all over the place at the minute.

not just when maradona took over

hes never really gel into that position

:eek:

do go on

hes never played out there for utd so unless you watch Argentina i think your mistaken

?!?!

you messing? he's played out there a good bit this season for Utd iirc. Wigan the other week for example he played out on the right when he came on.

not just when maradona took over

hes never really gel into that position

actually, he's always been very good for Argentina anytime i've seen him, granted, not much.

• Advertisement

actually, he's always been very good for Argentina anytime i've seen him, granted, not much.

Argentina are one of my favourite international sides around,tevez has been disappointing for them
    ?!?!

you messing? he's played out there a good bit this season for Utd iirc. Wigan the other week for example he played out on the right when he came on.

no for wigan he played up with berba and Rooney played on the right
    iirc

alan I dont think he ever played on the wings for us

Argentina are one of my favourite international sides around,tevez has been disappointing for them

no for wigan he played up with berba and Rooney played on the right
    iirc

alan I dont think he ever played on the wings for us

pretty sure he played on the right, i can picture him terrorising them down that side when he came on.

anytime he was on the pitch with Berbatov & Rooney this year, berba was always central with the two lads out wide. I'm talking about the same thing, with Torres,Kuyt,Tevez. Not playing as traditional wingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm talking about the same thing, with Torres,Kuyt,Tevez. Not playing as traditional wingers.

True, I think Rafa has always wanted the fullbacks to provide the main width in the team, and with 2 'holding' midfielders in Xabi and Masch, they can afford to get forward more.

Anyone know what the story is with Degen, are we going to see him at all this season, and is he up to it at all? Because if we are to play with attacking fullbacks, Carra/Skrtel/whoever else fills in is not adequate cover/competition for Arbeloa (I rate Arby by the way, not saying we necessarily need to replace him, but certainly need to cover him/push him for his place.)

pretty sure he played on the right, i can picture him terrorising them down that side when he came on.

anytime he was on the pitch with Berbatov & Rooney this year, berba was always central with the two lads out wide. I'm talking about the same thing, with Torres,Kuyt,Tevez. Not playing as traditional wingers.

I dont think so alan

i picture him beside berba because he scored that class flick

Rooney was on the left or Right

but it doesnt really matter,tevez isnt the best on the wings maybe he needs a season on the wings to adapt idk

Morzadec wrote: »
    True, I think Rafa has always wanted the fullbacks to provide the main width in the team, and with 2 'holding' midfielders in Xabi and Masch, they can afford to get forward more.

[Anyone know what the story is with Degen, are we going to see him at all this season, and is he up to it at all? Because if we are to play with attacking fullbacks, Carra/Skrtel/whoever else fills in is not adequate cover/competition for Arbeloa (I rate Arby by the way, not saying we necessarily need to replace him, but certainly need to cover him/push him for his place.)

all i know is a quality piece of skill i saw from him in the preseason against tranmere.

although i may have dreamt that! and he may not actually exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

mayordenis wrote: »
    Ian Ayre's job is to make money for the club.
    He'd been doing that.

His job is to make money while upholding the values of the club.
    He hasn't been doing that.

Apparently Gerrard is now being linked with Madrid too. I'm a evertonian and i honestly think it would be a great move for him as he will never win the league with Liverpool .Also ye would get close to 50 million for him and could use the money to buy some players and rebuild yer team into a championship title winning one, what do you think?

An Evertonian, I'd never have guessed.:rolleyes:

Against Wigan, Tevez came on for Anderson and played on the left and right, with Ronaldo switching wings with him, and Berba and Rooney up front.

He also came on for Nani and played on the left aginst Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

It was after the goal, which was scored around 60 minutes or so.

headshot, anytime Tevez,Rooney & Berba were on the same pitch he was playing out wide.

headshot, anytime Tevez,Rooney & Berba were on the same pitch he was playing out wide.

so thats hardly ever then

a few times this season i would've thought.

why we even arguing about this, he'd be a good buy for us, even if it was as back up for torres & gerrard. add in his (arguable) ability to play out wide in a 4-3-3 and he'd be a top purchase imo.

a few times this season i would've thought.

why we even arguing about this, he'd be a good buy for us, even if it was as back up for torres & gerrard. add in his (arguable) ability to play out wide in a 4-3-3 and he'd be a top purchase imo.

probly only twice

he'd be a grand signing for ye but he wont be happy as second choice,and im certain he's off to city because hes settled in Manchester and hes kids go to school there afaik

but who knows silva and ribery also talk BS ;)

im certain he's off to city because hes settled in Manchester and hes kids go to school there afaik

he wouldnt have to move if he signed for us.

add in CL football, him knowing we're a very good side,chance to win the CL, chance to win the league, his best mate playing with us, Insua coming through and all the spanish speakers, i think we'd have a good chance.

he wouldnt have to move if he signed for us.

add in CL football, him knowing we're a very good side,chance to win the CL, chance to win the league, his best mate playing with us, Insua coming through and all the spanish speakers, i think we'd have a good chance.

city have a few spainish speakers too and can out bid ye no bother

but tevez might not do a barry we'll see

whats your budget anyway,I thought financials were grim

• Advertisement

whats your budget anyway,I thought financials were grim

no idea.

no idea.

Id say ye have 20m at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

he'd be a grand signing for ye but he wont be happy as second choice,and im certain he's off to city because hes settled in Manchester and hes kids go to school there afaik

I've no idea where he's going to end up but there's been a few Liverpool players over the years that have lived in or around Manchester and commuted daily - Kewell springs to mind as an example. It's around a 40 min drive iirc. That kind of commute would unlikely be a deal breaker if such a move was on the cards.

But as I say - I've no idea where he'll end up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Apparently Gerrard is now being linked with Madrid too. I'm a evertonian and i honestly think it would be a great move for him as he will never win the league with Liverpool .Also ye would get close to 50 million for him and could use the money to buy some players and rebuild yer team into a championship title winning one, what do you think?
    oh how i laughed :pac:Obvious troll is obvious

Id say ye have 20m at least

Reports state £20 mill with the ability to ask the ownrs for more, and around 90% of all sales going into the transfer kitty.
    So sell Dossena, an he could buy Tevez.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think we can afford him, and badly need him! Experienced and proven in the prem. Can be cover for both wings, can play behind Torres and can play up front and will run himself into the ground a la Kuyt! We should get him fast, end the speculation on any other transfers and look forward with confidence to being top of the pile next May!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

zing wrote: »
    I've no idea where he's going to end up but there's been a few Liverpool players over the years that have lived in or around Manchester and commuted daily - Kewell springs to mind as an example. It's around a 40 min drive iirc. That kind of commute would unlikely be a deal breaker if such a move was on the cards.

But as I say - I've no idea where he'll end up.

Owen and Butt Commute in Owens helicopter from North Wales and Manchester. Distance isnt a big issue nowadays. Certainly not the few miles between Manchester and Liverpool anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tevez is not what Liverpool need imo..

What we do need is someone like Robben who will be available for less than 10 million and would offer a directness that we currently don't possess.

Players of this ilk are what are needed for us to make the step up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Robben could be bought 'reasonably' cheaply, possible to buy both?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I would hate to see Robben at Liverpool

Dub13 wrote: »

me too.

all Liverpool need is to improve our existing squad, Tevez would do that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dub13 wrote: »

I agree. Cheating and diving is something I would rather not see more of at Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

+1 for that, Valenica would be good if he isn't signed by Fergie.

mike65 wrote: »
    +1 for that, Valenica would be good if he isn't signed by Fergie.

someone will feel Mr Alans wrath ;)

no thanks on Valencia.

• Advertisement

no thanks on Valencia.

is that it

i feel cheated :D

Ye are missing the point. I am not saying that it has to be Robben. It needs to be a player of this type that is available for in or around 10 million. Add two players like this and the squad would be alot improved than if we were to literally waste 25 million on Tevez.

Ye are missing the point. I am not saying that it has to be Robben. It needs to be a player of this type that is available for in or around 10 million. Add two players like this and the squad would be alot improved than if we were to literally waste 25 million on Tevez.

I got a good one for ye

can be gotten on the cheap and plays good enough for international side and nearly forgot to mention he was right good against utd home and away

Jonas Gutierrez

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

literally waste 25 million on Tevez.

Literal, this is word you are unfamiliar with?

Jonas Gutierrez

good player alright.

• Advertisement

what

Or maybe it's waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

can i just ask here where people tend to know what they're on about why anyone rates valencia pls. Let alone his links to big clubs. anyone for the love of god

he has a good agent, thats all i can think of. genuinely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Liverpool sign bent

liverpoolzf.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That.
    Is.
    Awful.

And thankfully not Marcus/Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

In that you tube video from Mr Alan...............

Have a look at Alonso around the 20 sec mark and around 2:20 aswell. Did nobody tell him his jersey is backwards? His name, number, crest all backwards:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yom 1 wrote: »
    In that you tube video from Mr Alan...............

Have a look at Alonso around the 20 sec mark and around 2:20 aswell. Did nobody tell him his jersey is backwards? His name, number, crest all backwards:p

Good spot! Must be for use in some crazy advertising campaign thats either going to be mirroring the image, or plans to be looked at by people through a mirror (like ambulances in rearview mirror).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    some crazy advertising campaign

I was thinking the same myself. Does look funny though!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement