Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

i got mixed up. for some reason i thought 36 months was 2 years. I'm going to lie down

Looks like Insua could be registered for the knock-out stages for this season anyway which is good.

In fairness while trying to figure things out I was utilising my fingers to sort out how you were reckoning Patches and the others were close:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mike65 wrote: »
    How do you know?

Ovbiously I don't know for certain, But

The Cheif sports writer with the BBC suggested it, among others.

I don't really see how it could be such an alien concept.

Rafa: I want to bid for Barry?
    Villa: City have offered 12 million and a shed load of wages.
    Rafa: click.
    Villa: Hello, Hello?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Boggles wrote: »
    Again how do you know?

Because the legal system in England states that you need to prove guilt, rather than prove innocence.
    So because you can't prove guilt, There was no attempt by Liverpool.

(If you want to keep trying Boggles, I can get more and more pedantic.)

The fact of the matter remains, Liverpool made no transfer request to Villa.
    Barry was only given permission to speak to City.
    So Barry had a choice between City, or Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

lol I could actually imagine that.:pac:

And how is that Barry choosing City?
    By your own little play, Barry wasn't given a choice.

Because the legal system in England states that you need to prove guilt, rather than prove innocence.
    So because you can't prove guilt, There was no attempt by Liverpool.

(If you want to keep trying Boggles, I can get more and more pedantic.)

The fact of the matter remains, Liverpool made no transfer request to Villa.
    Barry was only given permission to speak to City.
    So Barry had a choice between City, or Villa.

:D Brilliant.

So you don't know, there is no shame it, I can't prove they did, but I wouldn't be 100% sure, unlike yourself.
    And how is that Barry choosing City?
    By your own little play, Barry wasn't given a choice.

What...Sorry...what?

:D Brilliant.

So you don't know, there is no shame it, I can't prove they did, but I wouldn't be 100% sure, unlike yourself.

Boggles, you're pretty much coming in and accusing Liverpool of attempting to illegaly tap up Garreth Barry.

You have fun with that.
    Boggles wrote:
    What...Sorry...what?

We were discussing BARRY choosing City over Liverpool.
    The scenario that you played out, had nothing to do with BARRY.
    It was between Liverpool and Villa.

Boggles, you're pretty much coming in and accusing Liverpool of attempting to illegaly tap up Garreth Barry.

You have fun with that.

Sweet Jesus, has anyone got a triple face palm pic they can lend me. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Liverpool made no approach to Barry, as they were never given permission to by Villa.

Liverpool would have had to make an official transfer request, and then be granted permission to speak to Barry by Aston Villa, before they could contact the player.

Unless you're suggesting that Liverpool tried to illegaly "tap" Barry up.
    Again how do you know?

triple.jpg

Boggles and Karmafaerie why dont you just both agree to disagree as neither of you know for sure what happened regards the Liverpool/Barry transfer. And most likely never will untill Gareth brings out his inevitable autobiography.

joe123 wrote: »
    Boggles and Karmafaerie why dont you just both agree to disagree as neither of you know for sure what happened regards the Liverpool/Barry transfer. And most likely never will untill Gareth brings out his inevitable autobiography.

Am I the only one who thinks that that would be a very boring book?

Alot of them are! Carraghers was pretty crap to be honest. Fowlers one though was class but thats probably because any autobiography from God is always bound to be interesting!

Most professional footballers autobiographys are ridiculous in fairness.

One of the best I read was George Best's "Blessed"

joe123 wrote: »
    Fowlers one though was class but thats probably because any autobiography from God is always bound to be interesting!

To be honest I thought it was sh1te, it was like reading Ann and Barry.

• Advertisement

But Barry's will be about 10 years in Birmingham!!!

My head hurts!:(

I think there is quite a bit of frustrated-not-bought-anyone-itis summer transfer fever insanity going around. I know I've got it bad at the moment.

It doesn't help that Madrid seeming to piling up everyone they want with nary a bother.

I was sated a bit yesterday with the news of the youths getting promoted to Melwood but it was kinda like eating a Chinese in that I was ravenous again shortly afterwards.

I thought the Anderson deal to Swansea would see me through for a bit but then that fell into confusion, due to the Martinez to Wigan story :mad:

I'm hoping the Confederations Cup will help some bit from tomorrow along with the U-21 Championship but I don't know. A few month's ago I viewed it as a sham makeup-y tournament - now I'm figuring well after the WC and the EC it's the third biggest international competition.

However I am approaching the stage where I'm getting desperate for any sort of a transfer deal and logic might be abandonded. I've idly considered going the FM route, but it seems that would only make matters worse.I just don't know anymore. Help....

I started a new game of FM last night!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

You can see how far our team has come with the amount of bids for pretty much every player on the pitch.

5 years ago it would have only been Gerrrard, now its: Alonso, Gerrard, Torres, Arbeloa, Masch, Babel, Agger, Benny, Reina

Good man Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

rarnes1 wrote: »
    To be honest I thought it was sh1te, it was like reading Ann and Barry.

LOL

What a self indulgent load of ****. It is such a terrible book and only serves as a platform for Best to blow himself page after page after page.

He was a cracking player though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If we sign Johnson for more then £10m, its bad business, £15m is crazy money for him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

15m sounds like a lot but as with any deal it all depends on how much cash is handed over and how the remainder of it is structured really.

If it were 1m up front and 14m in bonuses/appearences over n years it wouldn't be considered bad business really would it ? Pompey supposedly still owe us a few quid for Crouch and if the remaining cash outlay is kept minimal (bonuses/appearances/etc..) it wouldn't necessarily be the worst deal we could do this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

If Johnson was a foreigner, he would cost £7-8m max

LOL

What a self indulgent load of ****. It is such a terrible book and only serves as a platform for Best to blow himself page after page after page.

He was a cracking player though.

He was on about Fowlers autobiography.

And giving out about fowler in a liverpool thread is sacrilegious :mad:

Yeah I turned on Fm09 today but let in a goal against brann in qualifiers with Liverpool so I turned it off. They have made the game far to hard :mad:

I miss the days of 01/02 and to a lesser extent fm2007 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

pompey name their price

20m for Johnston (source ssn)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Headshot wrote: »
    pompey name their price

wouldn't pay that myself. Good player, but thats crazy money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Mr Alan wrote: »

I doubt he'd sign for you Al, I'm fairly certain he wants to play for a football team, not be your new best friend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I doubt he'd sign for you Al, I'm fairly certain he wants to play for a football team, not be your new best friend...

bff in the making

bff in the making

Well since Nando got married, times have been tough.:o

Has Mr Alan mentioned Torres since word of the nuptial broke?....hmmmm <chin stroke>

Also Johnson for £20m = gtfo
    At those sort of prices Chelsea/City are welcome to him.

he's not my type :)

• Advertisement

rumours Van Nistleroy may be available for only a couple of million & we're interested.

i'd take him in a heartbeat to be honest. good player.

pompey name their price

Ha!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Loose change tbh ;)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Loose change tbh ;)

keep over-paying for these lads and you might just make the Europa Cup next year! yippee! ;)

keep over-paying for these lads and you might just make the Europa Cup next year! yippee! ;)

Fingers crossed.

Bullying the big 4 in the transfer market will do initially though.

LOL bullying :) any player who is right for us will be telling City to go & ****e, so its all good by me.

its a nice way of weeding out the money hungry *****.

;)

If money hungry = Barry, Tevez and Johnson then there's plenty of food on the table.

If money hungry = Barry, Tevez and Johnson then there's plenty of food on the table.
    Well, re:barry, surprisingly it doesn't appear we had any interest in signing him this summer. Good buy for yous though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Must be awesome being a fan of a football club thats capable doing these transfers based on football success.

swoon............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Manchester United are reportedly set to use the £80 million they will receive for Cristiano Ronaldo to make a bid for Liverpool’s Fernando Torres.

The Sunday Express claims that the Red Devils will attempt to make an audacious swoop for the Spanish striker as they seek to replace the Real Madrid-bound Ronaldo.

Whilst Liverpool would be loath to see Torres leave, and particularly to bitter rivals United, the report claims that Sir Alex Ferguson is prepared to offer £40 million, a figure he believes can tempt the Merseysiders.

A bid of such size would double the amount Liverpool paid for the striker, when they signed him from Atletico Madrid in 2007.

With striker Carlos Tevez also expected to follow Ronaldo out of the Old Trafford exit, attacking options appear to be top of United’s shopping list this summer.

The Premier League champions have already been linked with a host of names including Karim Benzema, Samuel Eto’o, Franck Ribery, Antonio Valencia and David Silva.

Yet they undoubtedly face a tough challenge in replacing Ronaldo who, once again, finished the season as the club’s top scorer.

Of course, Torres could certainly provide the club with goals; the Spaniard managed 14 league goals in an injury-ravaged campaign last term and 24 in the Premier League in his first season at the club.

Gill Clark, Goal.com

Silly season has officially begun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hahahaha, gotta love Sunday football tabloid headlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

lol they must be really stuck for headlines.

Rofl-tastic, thanks for that! Anyway 40 million? Who are they kidding, thats so last year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rofl-tastic, thanks for that! Anyway 40 million? Who are they kidding, thats so last year.

If ronaldo is worth 80 what will we value Torres at so?

Nothing less than 80 million and one penny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nothing less than 80 million and one penny.

Sounds good to me, so lets just say for arguments sake that chelsea spend 80 Million and 1 penny on Villa Torres automatically gains an extra penny to his value!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Maybe the reason Benetiz is after Johnson is because he's getting desperate in relation to the English players rule and wants to do it now before next season when everyone will really jack up the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Torres to United...quite funny actually...first of all I think the lad has too much class to even contemplate a move to United and second of all if anyone thinks Rafa would consider selling Torres to anyone, let alone United (especially after the Heinze affair), well they are just deluded.

As for Glen Johnson and being valued at £20 million, well I don't think we have to worry about him if that's the case...Rafa will be sensible with his money this summer and I can't see him spending that type of money on him....he's worth about £12 million max IMO. I see we are also linked with Micha Richards today for £5 million...probably more tabloid crap but would be more in our budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

SWAR wrote: »
    Torres to United...quite funny actually...first of all I think the lad has too much class to even contemplate a move to United and second of all if anyone thinks Rafa would consider selling Torres to anyone, let alone United (especially after the Heinze affair), well they are just deluded.

The Robbie Keane transfer indicates the level of control Rafa has on transfer policy.

Had.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement