Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

zing wrote: »
    Try again - Ngog is being linked with a loan to Ipswich

My bad;

Cavalieri

Degen
    Carra
    Agger/Skrtl----Aurelio

Lucas

Gerrard
    Spearing

Benayoun
    Riera

Kuyt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sure benayoun is off to barca as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I just find it funny that Babel still can't get a start!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

zing wrote: »
    Try again - Ngog is being linked with a loan to Ipswich
    Is Keane going starting up his revolving door at Ipswich so? If Ngog goes and gets game time then hopefully it will help him come on alot. Would it indicate even stronger that we are in the market for a striker / attacking player if we are preparing to let him go? Or is it just mindless speculation on the part of some hack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wouldn't be surprised if the Ngog to Ipswich thing is true. Rafa & Keane are fairly close as far as I know, remember reading Keane saying that when he was promoted with Sunderland Rafa was a lot of help giving him advice etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,144 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

would much prefer the talented younger players got to play with a team like Ipswich over the league 1 teams we've been using for loan deals most of the time for the past while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Lads - Im traveling at the moment but cant help but wondering what the transfer rumours are. I dont have time to check the usual websites every day as I normally would (always a queue in hostels). Can someone give me a roundup of the most likely transfers in and out ? It would be muchly appreciated!

Tusky wrote: »
    Lads - Im traveling at the moment but cant help but wondering what the transfer rumours are. I dont have time to check the usual websites every day as I normally would (always a queue in hostels). Can someone give me a roundup of the most likely transfers in and out ? It would be muchly appreciated!

Most likely in - Glen Johnson (17m fee agreed).

Most likely out - Andrea Dossena (quoted trying to engineer a move).

Everything else you heard is probably rubbish.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wouldn't be surprised if the Ngog to Ipswich thing is true. Rafa & Keane are fairly close as far as I know, remember reading Keane saying that when he was promoted with Sunderland Rafa was a lot of help giving him advice etc.

Yup, I remember that.

He also had a pop at the Fergie cronnyism when he joined Ipswich too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think N'Gog is definitely good enough for the premier league. There were Fulham rumours a while back. They could use a decent striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Personally I would only like to see Ngog go out on loan if we sign a sufficient support striker for Torres, which I think we will fwiw. I really think he has serious potential and a run of games with Ipswich would do wonders for him. El Zhar should also go out on loan imo...don't rate him much to be honest but to be fair he hasn't had that many opportunities but from what I've seen of him he seems very wasteful; however Rafa seems to have faith in him so that will do for me for the moment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Don't really want to drag up an old thread that was knocking around regarding a best XI between Man Yoo and Liverpool; however I had the discussion with a mait of mine today (who is a Man United fan btw) and our selections were similar...i think we are in pretty good shape tbh...assuming we keep hold of what we've got and maybe sign one or two more decent additions.

My team was as follows (assuming we close the deal on Johnson of course); however I was torn between Rio and Skertel but opted for Skertel ;)

Reina
    Johnson---Skertel
    Vidic----Evra
    Masch
    Alonso
    Kuyt
    Rooney
    Gerrard

Torres

FWIW my mait choose pretty much the same team with Rio in for Skertel and VDS in place of Reina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Are people forgetting Voronin?

Hasn't been any talk about clubs being interested in him and from the proposed package that was mentioned at Hertha - €3m a year in wages for 3 years is a pretty saucy deal (€9m total) I'm not certain that he will be leaving.

Even if Voronin was sold and N'Gog was sold we would still have Torres, Kuyt, and Babel for up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

David Villa came out today and said he would not play for any Premier League club except for Liverpool. Real pity we can't afford him, it'd be sweet to see him line up with Torres next year.

If we sold Masch to Barca for £35m, hence funding a move for Villa, how would fans feel about that? Now there's a question for you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Morzadec wrote: »
    If we sold Masch to Barca for £35m, hence funding a move for Villa, how would fans feel about that? Now there's a question for you....

Selling one of your proven players to take a punt on an unproven PL player?

Pure stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

David Villa came out today and said he would not play for any Premier League club except for Liverpool. Real pity we can't afford him, it'd be sweet to see him line up with Torres next year.

No just no.

Bad bad bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Nah, if we were to sell Masch (we better not) that money would have to be spent on a CM.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Pure Stupidity is a bit much Des.
    I wouldn't welcome a deal like that by any means, but if masch was to go we would be losing a player in the only position we could really afford to lose a really good performing player,
    and we would be gaining something we really really could do with an extra top class attacked,
    sure if it means being more exposed then so be it, to have a spine of Reina, Carra, Agger, Alonso, Gerrard, Villa and Torres - sounds pretty fine to me.

Are people forgetting Voronin?

Hasn't been any talk about clubs being interested in him and from the proposed package that was mentioned at Hertha - €3m a year in wages for 3 years is a pretty saucy deal (€9m total) I'm not certain that he will be leaving.

Even if Voronin was sold and N'Gog was sold we would still have Torres, Kuyt, and Babel for up front.

He's back in Liverpool, as Hertha can't afford him.

I'd imagine he'll be going to Spain or going back to Germany, as there's no way he'll stay in England with another club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Link? I don't doubt it necessarily, I'd just like to see it!

never.

break up a midfield which, for the most part, is the reason we're so close to winning a League? a midfield which is the main reason we were able to beat Utd and Chelsea last season?

barca can take a running jump with all due respect.

as Des said, it would be stupidity of the highest order.

luckily for us, i'm 99% sure Rafa ain't stupid. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Nah he'd make a rubbish defensive midfielder.

the Johnson signing makes no sense if we lose Masch imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

the Johnson signing makes no sense if we lose Masch imo...

I don't see the connection?

Please God it doesn't happen, but if we lose Masch I'd probably feel better about the prospect of moulding Agger into a DM than taking a punt on a transfer in.

:\

I don't see the connection?
    johnson is a very attacking full back, there is no way we could afford to play two out and out attacking full backs without a holding player of masch's ability. we would have to change formation if we lost masch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I think Johnson could prove to be a very good signing for Pool. Granted defensively he isn't up to much, but his delivery (at least from what I've seen) is excellent, and thus he offers something that wouldn't be Kuyt's strongest aspect. The competition he'd provide with Arbeloa will be good for the side, too. And he is versatile enough to play in midfield if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Johnson deal pretty much done when you can get his name on your shirt at LFC.TV

http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/products/footballkit/awaykit/awayadultkit/official-lfc-adult-away-long-sleeve-shirt-0910/pid-28329

Speaking of Liverpool shirts, anyone know of a shop in Ireland where you can get long sleeved version? (JJB, Elverys, Lifestyle..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/products/footballkit/awaykit/awayadultkit/official-lfc-adult-away-long-sleeve-shirt-0910/pid-28329

Speaking of Liverpool shirts, anyone know of a shop in Ireland where you can get long sleeved version? (JJB, Elverys, Lifestyle..)

Not too sure if I'm happy (we'll see how much it does eventually cost us) but thats a great spot

"Johnson TBC" would look well, don't you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Very unusual to see that from the club store - could just be a reaction to demand though

Says a lot though when they can't even manage to put the players list in either alphabetical or numerical order

Half of it is numerical, then it's all jumbled after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think theres a gay shop in Ennis.:)

Suck it up, it's a bit of breeze, it wont do you any harm.

So Villa and Silva, for 50m and Riera - Maybe don't not believe everything always that you may or may not have once read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mayordenis wrote: »
    So Villa and Silva, for 50m and Riera - Maybe don't not believe everything always that you may or may not have once read.

Yeah that is what Chunkz from ICliverpool said anyway. Bit of an odd claim for Chunkz to have made if there is not some truth in it, given what Chunkz record has been like for the last two years in terms of getting transfers spot on a few weeks before they get mentioned in the press.

Mind you, Sami is still on that list of names and he is gone now. Let's not forget that Chelsea had Robinhio shirts in their London megastore a week before he joined City.

Hopefully that is not the case with LFC.

• Advertisement

Interesting :D
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah that is what Chunkz from ICliverpool said anyway. Bit of an odd claim for Chunkz to have made if there is not some truth in it, given what Chunkz record has been like for the last two years in terms of getting transfers spot on a few weeks before they get mentioned in the press.

Elaborate on this please :) I tend to find other Liverpool forums to be far too tedious and tend to stick to boards.

Interesting :D

Elaborate on this please :) I tend to find other Liverpool forums to be far too tedious and tend to stick to boards.

Is just that someone with a very good track record for getting transfers and hiring/firings of managers spot on before they happen came out with the 22 million for Silva plus 28 million with Riera for Villa.

The poster had the Ronaldo and Kaka transfers right down to the week they would be confirmed and had the Torres transfer about a month in advance.

Does not mean it is ever going to be 100%, but Chunkz does have a good record over a period of time.

Stekelly wrote: »
    I think theres a gay shop in Ennis.:)

Suck it up, it's a bit of breeze, it wont do you any harm.
    I've a bit of the Jamie Carra syndrome.

since the boycott this is where i get my jerseys, they are top condition in fact they may be from the Adidas factory!

http://jomzajung.com/cart/detail.asp?id=1417

they dont have it atm but it will be there soon!

Is just that someone with a very good track record for getting transfers and hiring/firings of managers spot on before they happen came out with the 22 million for Silva plus 28 million with Riera for Villa.

i cant believe we would get Villa for that price, especially considering what Real and Barca are willing to pay. Valencia would have to be dead set on not wanting to sell within the division and even then i doubt their creditors would allow them to turn down the higher bids...

• Advertisement

The poster had the Ronaldo and Kaka transfers right down to the week they would be confirmed and had the Torres transfer about a month in advance.

Does not mean it is ever going to be 100%, but Chunkz does have a good record over a period of time.

Hmmm interesting. Having someone like that is always useful but it can lead to disappointment if it doesn't work out. A fella called Bannor that used to post here seemed to have an inside track on transfers but he was chase away by a few fools.

For us to spend 50 million on those two players it would have to mean selling someone in my opinion. I would also be worried that it would mean a change of formation to a 4-4-2 of:

Villa
    Torres
    Silva
    Gerard
    Masch
    Alonso

or:

Villa
    Torres
    Silva
    Kuyt
    Gerard
    Alonso

I am going to remain cynical as to the likelihood of any of it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Villa is a no no for me, for the reason set out above. That formation will win nothing.

i'd be chuffed with just Silva really :D

no we would dominate if we have both, I'm such a fickle turncoat I know (although I always had faith in lucas)
    but we could offload one of masch or xabi (masch would have to leave if it were up to me and play something like

Reina
    Johnson-Carra/Skrt-Dagger-Aurelio/Insua
    Kuyt-Alonso-Gerrard-Silva
    Torres-Villa

Mike you have to accept that team wouldn't be getting relegated any time soon.

yes but we would concede a boat load more than last season. you cant leave two players to defend, which that formation does...

that formation becomes

Reina
    Carra/Skrt-Dagger
    Johnson
    Aurelio/Insua
    Alonso
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Silva
    Torres-Villa

on attack, which leaves us too exposed, as our two fbs (johnson and auriello) are basically wing backs

EDIT: also could you imagine Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres, Villa all getting in each others way, there isnt half enough width there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I still think shifting Gerrard to the wings might be a potential solution. Rafa seems to be encountering the problem that there are no great wingers out there available for a decent price, but there's quite a few strikers/attacking midfielders. Gerrard on the right can provide with, with Reira on the left, and Torres and Villa inter-changing. That'd be a well balanced very good attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Is Gerrard not on record as saying that playing on the right is a waste of his talents?

He just got the writers player of the year as a support striker, don't think he would be too pleased personally to move out right.

It is actually a big problem for Liverpool.

Boggles wrote: »
    Is Gerrard not on record as saying that playing on the right is a waste of his talents?

not sure if that's how he put but he said something about not liking it years ago.
    He's since said that he was being stupid, young and selfish then and that he realises playing in the position the team need him to play in is the best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

not sure if that's how he put but he said something about not liking it years ago.
    He's since said that he was being stupid, young and selfish then and that he realises playing in the position the team need him to play in is the best bet.

But he hasn't played there since, has he?

Boggles wrote: »
    But he hasn't played there since, has he?

He has, not often but he has yep. He also said at the time that he wanted to play in the centre of midfield, he hasn't played there a whole lot either.
    With our current squad he's playing in the position we need him, who else would do a better job behind torres?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement