Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

5starpool wrote: »
    It is not called silly season for nothing is it?

Like many others I would love if it were true, but without having to sell Mascherano or Alonso there is no way I can see that we could do it tbh, and I really don't think losing Mascherano is worth it as he is that important to how we play the system we have developed into.

I thought the others showed why we wouldnt be losing Masch or Alonso.

Hopefully we've had some mega secret takeover investment that dwarfs Man City's riches!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Villa AND Sliva?!?!

Jesus if it's true... :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As I've frankly got nothing better to do right now

Reina
    Johnson--Skrtel-Agger---Insua
    Alonso or Masch (depending which we loose)
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Riera/Silva
    Villa
    Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

mike65 wrote: »

Reina
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Riera/Silva
    Villa
    Torres

Liverpool (Spain)

Reina (Casillas)

Johnson(Ramos)--Carragher(Marchena)--Skrtel(Pique)--Insua(Capedevilla)

Mascherano(Senna)--Alonso(Xabi)

Silva (Silva)
    Gerrard (Iniesta)-

Torres (Torres)
    Villa (Villa)

Premiership (World Cup)

Reina
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Riera/Silva
    Villa
    Torres

Dream team !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

With wingbacks?

Reina

Carra
    Skrtel

Johnson
    Aurelio

Masch
    Alonso

Gerrard

Villa
    Silva

Torres

Reina
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Riera/Silva
    Villa
    Torres

Reina

Johnson
    Skrtel
    Carragher
    Aurelio

Alonso
    Mascherano

Gerrard
    Silva

Villa

Torres

Subs: Cavalieiri - Agger - Insua - Lucas - Benyaoun - Kuyt - Riera - N'Gog - Darby - Spearing - Plessis - Pacheo - Kelly

All I might ask for then would be some squad depth because we would be really short in the event of an injury crisis and perhaps a Left Back! Ideally Arbeloa would stay or we'd get Micah Richards in. Perhaps Arbeloa to stay and get Richards in anyway! Defensive side is a bit light for my liking but the attacking end would be bolstered no end!

I wonder what is the likelyhood of Gerrard, Torres, Villa and Silva all runnning into each other and getting injured?!

Liverpool (Spain)

Reina (Casillas)

Mascherano(Senna)--Alonso(Xabi)

Silva (Silva)
    Gerrard (Iniesta)-

Torres (Torres)
    Villa (Villa)

Premiership (World Cup)

Reina (Casillas)

Mascherano(Fabregas)--Alonso(Xavi)

Silva (Silva)
    Gerrard (Iniesta)-

Torres (Torres)
    Villa (Villa)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Reina
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Riera/Silva
    Villa
    Torres

Gerrard & Villa look a bit bunched there Mike! Looks good if ya take either of them out though!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Fair play slingerz, you changed a whole one player.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Fair play slingerz, you changed a whole one player.

Xabi and Xavi are 2 different players.

All I can say is.

Carlesberg don't do transfer windows.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

These rumours are getting my hopes up far too much!!

There rumours are getting my hopes up far too much!!

Most defintely. My only fear is the number of players leaving would leave Liverpool short of quality squad members

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

There rumours are getting my hopes up far too much!!

Tell me about it. I might just wait to have one giant fap when all these transfers materialise!

flanzer wrote: »
    Tell me about it. I might just wait to have one giant fap when all these transfers materialise!

BOOM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Oh man i swore i wouldnt get into this guessing game but man if we got silva and Villa :)
    Rafa and our Spanish players will have a huge influence on persuading the players if indeed we can finance the deals.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

flanzer wrote: »

Ew. What goes on under the desk, stays under the desk.

Boom!

• Advertisement

spockety wrote: »
    Ew. What goes on under the desk, stays under the desk.

Remind me never to look under your desk!:eek:

Sky Sports.
    15.50: BREAKING NEWS!!! Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says that it is 'only a matter of time' before the club signs David Villa.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So

Reina
    Johnson---Skrtle-Agger--Insua
    Alonso/Masch
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Riera
    Torres

It is then!

Could be blusster.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So

Reina
    Johnson---Skrtle-Agger--Insua
    Alonso/Masch
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Riera
    Torres

It is then!

Call me old fashioned, but if we are able to put that team out come Sep 1st, I will be pretty satisfied with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Could be blusster.

Everything he says lately actually comes true, he is nothing like Calderon.

Villa was the only one he mentioned when he was actually running for president.

I'm saying 47 million sterling.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If there wasn't the threat of being included on a sig, I would agree with someone that may have posted just above this post :)

Sky Sports.

Can't see that on their site?

Back to the rumour of a few days ago then.

Aguero it is.;)

He suits the formation better anyway.

• Advertisement

Can't see that on their site?

I wsa sent in on an email from a fiend, it could be crap though.

Here's the full article.

Now that I look at it, it looks like it might be old.
    Florentino Perez has revealed that David Villa moving to Real Madrid is just ‘a matter of time’.

While the Spain striker has been linked with a host of top European clubs, Perez has confirmed that Los Merengues have won the race for his services and will announce his signing sooner rather than later.

Perez has hinted that the Spanish top guns will not offer as much money for Villa as they did for Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka, as they cannot afford to break transfer records every week.

“Valencia president Manuel Llorente clearly knows what he wants to do, so do we,” Perez said on Canal Nou.

“David Villa’s move [to Real Madrid] is just a matter of time.”

“Players such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka, who have won the Ballon d’Or prize and the Fifa World Player, are sort of an investment to us,” he added.

“Real Madrid cannot afford to pay the same amount of money for every player. But this does not mean that we underestimate Villa.

"To my mind Villa is a brilliant player, but he is a footballer that we must adapt to our project. I explained so many times and for sure the Valencia fans understand it.”

He added: “Real Madrid have a great relationship with Valencia and we want it to continue.”

Now however, I't seems he's after coming out and saying that the will definately sign Alonso too.

Now I am begining to think it's either out of date or blusster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Back to the rumour of a few days ago then.

Aguero it is.;)

He suits the formation better anyway.

Cracking player, but is his best position not as a second/support striker, the position where Gerrard is now?

If Aguero could play on the left of an attacking three behind Torres, then it would be heaven though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I would love if these rumours of Villa/Silva etc were true

Sadly I can't see it though and I get the feeling I will just be disappointed with whomever we sign when the transfer window shuts

That is not to say that our signings will not improve our team just that after being linked with great players it will be a bit of a let down

Kess73 wrote: »
    Cracking player, but is his best position not as a second/support striker, the position where Gerrard is now?

If Aguero could play on the left of an attacking three behind Torres, then it would be heaven though.

He can play anywhere on our front 4.

His best would be the Gerrard role, but Gerrard/Torres/Aguero could all play at the same time.

He can play anywhere on our front 4.

His best would be the Gerrard role, but Gerrard/Torres/Aguero could all play at the same time.

I am not so sure about how he would be chasing back if he were in place of Riera, and I don't see Rafa dropping Kuyt if he got Aguero. Aguero and Torres as a front pairing is mouth watering but that would mean moving Gerrard imho.

I would be against the suggestion some have made over the course of this thread to play Gerrard on the left if we got a new support striker, for me Gerrard has two possible positions, where he plays now or out on the right where Kuyt is. I just don't see Gerrad going back to being a disciplined central midfielder as to do that role he would have to curb his attacking instincts somewhat and would defo not have the freedom to roam without leaving a huge gap. Also it would mean one of Masch or Xabi would have to be dropped and ,for me, they are a great team in the centre.

For me, Sneijder would be an interesting shout to take Riera's slot given that he can play left wing, centre midfield and in the advanced midfield role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Kuyt can play on the left side just as effectively iirc, he played there a couple of times for us and there was no drop in his quality or work-rate.

--Gerrard---Aguero----Kuyt--
    Torres

Kess73 wrote: »
    I am not so sure about how he would be chasing back if he were in place of Riera, and I don't see Rafa dropping Kuyt if he got Aguero. Aguero and Torres as a front pairing is mouth watering but that would mean moving Gerrard imho.

I would be against the suggestion some have made over the course of this thread to play Gerrard on the left if we got a new support striker, for me Gerrard has two possible positions, where he plays now or out on the right where Kuyt is. I just don't see Gerrad going back to being a disciplined central midfielder as to do that role he would have to curb his attacking instincts somewhat and would defo not have the freedom to roam without leaving a huge gap. Also it would mean one of Masch or Xabi would have to be dropped and ,for me, they are a great team in the centre.

For me, Sneijder would be an interesting shout to take Riera's slot given that he can play left wing, centre midfield and in the advanced midfield role.

I'd like Schneider, but I'd prefer us to do no business at all with Real.

I'd like Schneider, but I'd prefer us to do no business at all with Real.

Yeah I have to agree that it would leave a bad taste in the mouth to have to deal with them, especially as they would be looking for options on some of our players, most likely Xabi.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Kuyt can play on the left side just as effectively iirc, he played there a couple of times for us and there was no drop in his quality or work-rate.

--Gerrard---Aguero----Kuyt--
    Torres

How about

--Gerrard---Aguero----Sneijder--
    Torres

With Kuyt being on the bench and able to be cover for left, right , or up front.

I do enjoy just making team formations with players that we will most likely not get. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I wsa sent in on an email from a fiend, it could be crap though.

Here's the full article.

Now that I look at it, it looks like it might be old.

Now however, I't seems he's after coming out and saying that the will definately sign Alonso too.

Now I am begining to think it's either out of date or blusster.

It is up on F365 too, for what that is worth

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

They've given up on xabi by the looksof it - I'd have no issue with doing business with them - it looks like they'll be grabbing arbs from us so with that in mind not going for sneijder would be lunacy

mayordenis wrote: »
    They've given up on xabi by the looksof it - I'd have no issue with doing business with them - it looks like they'll be grabbing arbs from us so with that in mind not going for sneijder would be lunacy

They had better be giving up on Xabi, he's ours!!!!

You do have a point about us grabbing players from them when they are doing it to us. I know it is just business, but something about them, well a few things actually, turns my gut. Then again if dealing with them meant getting the players that made the difference between winning the title or not, I would soon be singing from a different hymn sheet :)

I'd rather someone who gave us genuine width than Snjeider to be honest. He would have been a good option had Xabi gone, but with Kuyt on the right often cutting in and never really beating his fullback i think we need the opposite on the left.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

David Moores has resigned from the board.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164782090618-1651.htm

Dub13 wrote: »

About time

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »

This is really interesting. I wonder if a deck is being cleared for someone else in particular to come in... (new investor..?)

I wonder with Parry now gone was he about to be forced off the board by the remaining members (was it just him, G, H, and Parry?), so he decided to run before he was pushed?

So the Perez story/quotes are pretty recent..

“Valencia president Manuel Llorente clearly knows what he wants to do, so do we,” Perez said on Canal Nou.

So the Valencia President knows what he wants, and Perez knows what he wants. But what does David Villa want...? Could he be throwing a spanner in the works of a ludicrous money move by saying he would prefer not to go to Madrid..??

“David Villa’s move [to Real Madrid] is just a matter of time.”.. because our huge money offer to Valencia will ensure they pressure him into this move or no move..?

Anyone else got any other straws left to clutch at? :D

God FREAKING DAMN.!!!

From Setanta's web site.

Xabi Alonso has refused to be drawn on his future, prompting further questions about where he will be playing next season.

The Spain midfielder was asked a direct question following Wednesday’s Confederations Cup clash with Iraq as to whether he would be disappointed if he remained at Anfield after the summer.

But in what could be interpreted as an ominous sign for Reds fans he replied: “I cannot answer that. I have already said everything.”

Alonso has been linked with a return to his homeland with big-spending Real Madrid openly admitting they were keen to recruit the playmaker.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, however, has insisted that the Spaniard is not for sale at any price, prompting Madrid’s sporting director Jorge Valdano to admit they had given up the chase.

But the midfielder claimed lingering doubts about the future of many of Spain’s stars was not affecting their football.

"All we can do is train as normal,” he added in AS. "It is not something that we talk too much about. Everyone has their future to think about, but it does not create tension or nervousness in the group. We are very focused on our goal. "

Spanish super agent Ernesto Bronzetti added fuel to the fire regarding Xabi Alonso's future by claiming the Madrid side were on the verge of completing a deal for the midfielder.

Bronzetti claimed Madrid would not be moving for Roma's Daniele de Rossi, having already wrapped up a move for Alonso.

"Real are about to formalise a deal for Alonso from Liverpool and have no intention of taking De Rossi," he told ilromanista.it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

God FREAKING DAMN.!!!

From Setanta's web site.

same site that said fergie put in a bid for torres :rolleyes: salt and pinch comes to mind.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement