Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

*must cling on to any hope of villa and silva coming and filter out alonso masch rumours*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

spockety wrote: »
    God FREAKING DAMN.!!!

From Setanta's web site.

That is very selective reporting from Setanta, they have only put in some of what Xabi said. He said what is said there with a bit of a grin on his face and then said " Nah/no not at all" and the question was would he be unhappy or disappointed if he was still at Liverpool for the upcoming season.

It was the same during Euro2008, the Spanish players all had the line of they had said all they had to say about their domestic clubs before they were away with the national team. It seems to be a line they all have to say with away on international duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saw that on goal.com a few mins ago. I'm not worrying. (honest)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

The Alonso story is here, it's based on an interview:
    La última pregunta de José Ramón fue clara y directa: "¿Sería una decepción quedarte el próximo año en el Liverpool?" El donostiarra sonrió se limitó a decir: "No puedo responder a eso". De la Morena reaccionó: "Con eso ya me lo has dicho todo", y se acabó la entrevista. La sensación final con la que se quedó el oyente es que el jugador español quiere jugar en el Real Madrid, que quiere salir del Liverpool, ya que, a pesar de tener contrato con los 'reds', no dijo nada parecido a que estaba a gusto en el equipo de Benítez...

I'm pretty sure that means the interviewer asked him "Would it be a let-down if you're still playing at Liverpool next year", to which Alonso smiled and said "I can't / won't respond to that", to which the journo said "Well that says it all anyway" and that was the end of the interview. Then there's a bit of commentary which says the impression was that Alonso would rather be playing at Real next year.

Of course this is all pretty much based on psychoanalysing Xabi based on whether he smiled or not - he might just have been trying to dismiss the annoying question for the hundredth time. Or not - who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Kuyt can play on the left side just as effectively iirc, he played there a couple of times for us and there was no drop in his quality or work-rate.

--Gerrard---Aguero----Kuyt--
    Torres

He is a decent striker of a ball too so I would like to see him cutting in on his right foot..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Moores Resigns From LFC Board
    lfc.tv wrote:
    Liverpool FC confirmed today that David Moores has resigned from the Club's Board of Directors.
    Mr Moores will, however, retain his position as Club Honorary Life President.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164782090618-1651.htm

So him & Parry gone from the board - or if Parry isn't gone yet it's just a matter of time. He's either given up all hope of getting rid of those two or he's seriously p1ssed at something they're in the process of doing

Despite being the one who got us into this mess I just can't see this as being a good thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

He is a decent striker of a ball too so I would like to see him cutting in on his right foot..

At times when he strikes from 20+ yards out his technique is just plain awful IMO!

shotamoose wrote: »
    The Alonso story is here, it's based on an interview:

I'm pretty sure that means the interviewer asked him "Would it be a let-down if you're still playing at Liverpool next year", to which Alonso smiled and said "I can't / won't respond to that", to which the journo said "Well that says it all anyway" and that was the end of the interview. Then there's a bit of commentary which says the impression was that Alonso would rather be playing at Real next year.

Of course this is all pretty much based on psychoanalysing Xabi based on whether he smiled or not - he might just have been trying to dismiss the annoying question for the hundredth time. Or not - who knows.

Loosing Alonso would break my heart but I am starting to think that if we are going to loose one of Alsonso or Mascherano that I would prefer to keep Mascherano.

I have no doubt that that will draw gasps of disbelief but I think that he is more important to us in the long term. Alonso, while capable, isn't able to offer what is needed against top opposition. To be honest, very few players in the world can offer what Mascherano offers us. Signing Villa and Silva would likely see us move to a 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 system for a large proportion of games against weaker opposition. I don't think that Alonso can offer enough defensively.

Masch
    Gerard
    Kuyt
    Silva
    Torres
    Villa

or:

Masch
    Kuyt
    Gerard
    Silva
    Torres
    Villa

I also have a feeling that if there is any hope of the Silva and Villa rumours coming good that we would have to sell one of the two. Loosing 1 first team player and replacing them with 2, while not ideal, is acceptable to me.

Also, considering that Madrid are in for Villa, I have a feeling that part of the condition of the Alonso sale would be that Madrid would step aside and let us sign Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

zing wrote: »
    Moores Resigns From LFC Board

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164782090618-1651.htm

So him & Parry gone from the board - or if Parry isn't gone yet it's just a matter of time. He's either given up all hope of getting rid of those two or he's seriously p1ssed at something they're in the process of doing

Despite being the one who got us into this mess I just can't see this as being a good thing
    Is, was and always will be an idiot

ITS A GOOD THING!

elshambo wrote: »
    Is, was and always will be an idiot

ITS A GOOD THING!

Remember him and Parry were the ones who stopped all the debt being dumped directly onto the club. With him out there's nothing stopping that pair now from doing what they want.

• Advertisement

Hephaestus wrote: »
    At times when he strikes from 20+ yards out his technique is just plain awful IMO!

Oh don't get me wrong, he gets it wrong plenty of times. I just think that he is a good striker of the ball when he gets it right and I would prefer to see him cutting in from the left onto his right and taking a stike that is easier to get right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Remember him and Parry were the ones who stopped all the debt being dumped directly onto the club. With him out there's nothing stopping that pair now from doing what they want.

that is only speculation i thought?

wat is beyond a doubt is that he took an extra 8m from the skint yanks and did the dirty behind DICs back, getting us into this ****ing mess.

They are also the ones that allowed G&H to gazump DIC by leaking the documents from the due diligence that DIC performed.

While DIC may not have been perfect, I am pretty sure that we would have had more money available for transfers and the stadium would be about half done.

Remember him and Parry are the ones who sold the club to lads with no money

Remember him and Parry are the lads who didnt have the b*lls to fire uncle Roy when they were bringing the Frence lad

Remember him as the lad who signed Parry

I Remember him doing interviews in the early 90's joking that the club hadnt won the league under him yet:o

I Remember that he was known as the idiot of the family
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    that is only speculation i thought?

wat is beyond a doubt is that he took an extra 8m from the skint yanks and did the dirty behind DICs back, getting us into this ****ing mess.

AND his lifetime position on the board
    although im sure that had nothing to do with his decision, did it in the best interest of the club:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I think there is something going on, and his resignation was sudden.

If this was a planned departure we would probably have heard about it from the man himself a few weeks before hand. The website would have had a small feature for a man who spent such a long time at the helm... "I've enjoyed my time with the club, yadda yadda"... but no.. not a peep, just a sudden announcement out of nowhere.

It smells a bit. I wonder if Moores himself got the whiff of an approaching sh1t storm and wanted to clear off out of the way to avoid taking any more flak.

Hrmmm. Hope he spills his guts now so we get some juicy inside info about the goings on over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Hrmmm. Hope he spills his guts now so we get some juicy inside info about the goings on over the last few years.

you really want him to give more ammunition to the press? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

do have a feeling something is going on at the club alright. strange for him to quit so suddenly.

oh yea and Zing another thing about Moores being a voice of reason at board level re:debt etc, with Parry now gone he would have been out voted by the yanks and their new man on everything anyway.

Guys - don't get me wrong here. I'm not for one second saying Moores is a saint or anything close to that. I'm just not sure that him resigning from the board now is necessarily a good thing. If G&H were gone then by all means - get rid of him as quick as we could but despite their many many failings - and there have been lots of them - him & Parry were said to be the only thing close to a voice of reason on the board at times over the last while - not to mention doubling as peace keepers.

I can't help but think his sudden resignation is somehow related to the new finance deal and that he's resigned in disgust at what's going on.

As spockety said - it does smell a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I think there is something going on, and his resignation was sudden.

If this was a planned departure we would probably have heard about it from the man himself a few weeks before hand. The website would have had a small feature for a man who spent such a long time at the helm... "I've enjoyed my time with the club, yadda yadda"... but no.. not a peep, just a sudden announcement out of nowhere.

It smells a bit. I wonder if Moores himself got the whiff of an approaching sh1t storm and wanted to clear off out of the way to avoid taking any more flak.

It's well known that G&H have been looking for a third investor to join them.
    With all the talk of transfer fund increases all of a sudden, and now Moore gone, I think we may have or new investor.
    GRM anyone?
    spockety wrote:

Not me.
    Not the Liverpool way after all.

• Advertisement

It's well known that G&H have been looking for a third investor to join them.
    With all the talk of transfer fund increases all of a sudden, and now Moore gone, I think we may have or new investor.
    GRM anyone?

Not me.
    Not the Liverpool way after all.

100% agree, we have had far too many examples of the club's owners, players and manager going public with issues over the last few years. Regardless of what the motives were in each case, when it happens so often it just looks and sounds bad. I know in this era of instant information that more will be heard about clubs/players than was heard 20 years ago, but it would be nice to feel that there is an air of dignity about how things are voiced in public by LFC and it's employees.

Posts like this are an amazing antidote to the usual ill thought out drivel that professional journalists come up with:
    As the summer goes on, the speculation gets to you more, doesn’t it? Or is it just me? The last few weeks have felt like a few months, and it’s only the middle of June. Another two and a half months of this ****. I hoped that our first signing would calm me down, but even though Johnson looks a dead cert to come now, I’m still frustrated. And just a little bit angry too.

I’ll try not to comment on Xabi too much right now, because that frustration and anger could veer out of control if I start letting it out, and I still try not to place too much faith in transfer speculation no matter how much smoke there is. I’ve loved this lad ever since he joined us. If I was still a kid, he would be my hero. A ball-playing midfielder of some grace and skill, a dying breed. Modest and humble, quiet on and off the pitch, even more of a dying breed. A role model and an inspirer. The sublime passes he routinely plays that he makes look so easy. The goals from his own half and his continued attempts to add to them.

I’m an adult now and I have no heroes as such, certainly not in football. The older you get, the more you come to realise that your heroes always let you down eventually. But if I did then have any, then Xabi would have been high in the queue these past five years. So would Mascherano, for that matter. Just like Ronnie Whelan and Steve McMahon were heroes when I was eight, if I was that age now Xabi and Masch would occupy their place, I know they would.

And it’s frustrating, because I feel annoyed and pissed-off by the fact that they can’t just come out and distance themselves from the repeated speculation about their futures. Xabi had a chance with the interview yesterday and, rather than quash all the rumours outright, he only added to them. And I ask myself and try to understand why. Why, when this club is on the brink of something magnificent, is he ambiguous about wanting to leave? And try as I might, I neither respect nor understand his thinking or his motivations.

As I understand it, Rafa tried to spend £18m on Gareth Barry last summer and was told to **** off by his board. Raise the money yourself, you ain’t spending £18m on a 28 year-old midfielder (but here’s £20m for a 28 year-old striker). Rafa eventually made the call that Barry would be a better bet than Xabi.

I, like everyone else, can only speculate as to why. Xabi had just come off a couple of average seasons (by his standards, I stress). Barry, on the other hand, while having nowhere near the talents of Alonso, is consistent in what he does. What you get from him this week, you’ll get from him next week, next month. He can also cover left midfield, and this was before we bought Riera. I don’t believe that it was ever Rafa’s plan to sell Alonso. The plan was to buy Barry in addition to Xabi, that’s what I believe and do correct me if I’m wrong.

Plan B came into play, though, when the board wouldn’t stump up the £18m, and suddenly Xabi came into the picture. Rafa made it known that he was available – at the right price. He wasn’t so desperate to sell him that he took the first offer. People said he didn’t rate Xabi, but number one, he bought him for Liverpool in the first place, and number two, it was very clear that he rated him very highly by the price tag he placed on him.

Anyway, it appears that Xabi’s feelings were hurt, and that’s why he seemingly wants to leave in June 2009, or is at least in two minds about it. Rather than saying he’s staying at a club that’s on the brink of something very special, he let’s the speculation that he’s off to Madrid run wild, and even pours petrol on the fire. Personally, yesterday’s interview and the above comment don’t impress me one little bit, nor does the comment a few weeks ago that whatever happens “I am not going to be unemployed, so I am not worried".

Sometimes, you forget that football and footballers exist in a different universe, even the good ones. And when you think about it, you feel confused, frustrated, maybe you even feel a little hatred towards yourself for feeling so sanctimonious. We’ve all thought, at one time or another, how ****ing ridiculous it is for a footballer to earn so much in comparison to a doctor or a nurse. But that’s the way it is, and were we ever to think about that too much, well we’d never be able to watch another game of football. So we push such thoughts to the back of our minds.

Occasionally, however, these thoughts escape, usually when some footballer or other is complaining about seemingly insignificant ****. Poor Ashley Cole had to leave Arsenal over the horrible bastards offering him £55,000 a week rather than £60,000 (that’s what he said in his book, correct?). And poor Rio Ferdinand, as I recall, had to practically go on strike when Manchester United expected him to sign a new contract for a measly £100,000 a week. The cheek!

In Xabi’s case, it isn’t about money, but this whole saga (I know it can’t genuinely be called a saga yet, but it seems like it and it will be if it goes on much longer) has freed some of those thoughts from the deepest recesses of my brain once again. If there is one manager in the game who never makes decisions for personal reasons or out of spite or out of malice, it’s Rafael Benitez. He does what he feels is right for the team and to be successful, that’s it. Unlike Mr. Ferguson, he has never kicked a boot at one of his players or ****ed pots of tea around the dressing-room or shipped players out (Keane, Stam, Van Nistelrooy) when he felt they were questioning him. Hell, I wonder what Ferguson’s reaction to a player going public (repeatedly) on not wanting to play in a certain position would be?

Like him or not, you can rest assured that items 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 on Rafa’s top five goals at Liverpool F.C. since day one have been “Win as many trophies as jou can, jes?” Making his players feel like **** has never been part of the program. He has never gone out of his way to do so. When Steven Gerrard was asked to play wide-right, Rafa wasn’t chuckling to himself at how pissed off Stevie was. We didn’t have a good option for that side at the time, and had very good options in midfield. Therefore, he decided to play Stevie out there. It was a footballing decision. Likewise, when Rafa spent £20m on Robbie Keane, his plan wasn’t to waste him and destroy his confidence. His plan was clearly to improve the team, it just didn’t work out that way.

The proposed Gareth Barry transfer last summer was Rafa’s attempt to improve the team, kick on and win the Premier League, nothing more, nothing less. It was a judgement call, and when it became clear that he was going to have to raise substantial cash to buy him, Xabi was the one he adjudged to be expendable. It wasn’t out of spite, he didn’t go “**** Xabi, I’m going to make him feel like ****.” Based no doubt on long, hard, rigorous analysis of a multitude of factors (Xabi’s form and Barry’s attributes being two of the main ones), Rafa made the difficult decision to basically put Xabi up for sale. But make no mistake, this decision was not made out of anything else but the desire to win the trophy we all want him to win. Say he was wrong if you want – the way last season worked out would tend to prove that he was very wrong and that we dodged a bullet – but there was no malice in what he did.

Flash forward to this summer, and Rafa was apparently gazumped for Barry just a couple of days into the transfer window. A nice story, bollocks in my view, but a nice story nonetheless. For me, and it’s just common sense in my eyes, if Rafa had wanted a player that he was willing to pay £18m for last summer, and who was now available for £12m, then he would have bought him. And regardless of what people say about Barry being a greedy mercenary, if there was an offer on the table from Liverpool that was acceptable to Villa, he would have come here. This whole Barry transfer saga started because Rafa wanted him, but it developed into a firestorm because Barry wanted Champions League football. That desire hardly went away to the point where a few extra grand on his salary satisfied him enough to sign for a club that probably won’t see Champions League football for at least two years. That’s what my gut tells me anyway.

Personally (and I’m not “ITK”), I suspect that the Barry transfer didn’t happen because Rafa’s priorities have changed. In fairness to Xabi, his form was what changed them. This has been the best season of Xabi’s Liverpool career, and with Riera being solid on the left for the most part and three left-backs at the club, Barry would have been hard-pushed to get into the team anywhere. £12m for a 29 year-old back-up when the club’s finances are in a mess? Common sense tells me that if a bid was made, it was nowhere near £12m. **** Manchester City and their market-inflating spending spree. When Michael Owen had one year left on his contract, we only got £7m and a **** player for him. Barry was worth nowhere near £12m anyway considering the fact that he’d have been available for nothing next summer, but with the season Alonso and Masch have had, his value to us was lessened even further.

However, it appears that Xabi hasn’t been able to let it go. I don’t need to rely on idle press speculation to work that one out – there is no earthly footballing reason to leave this club right now, none. Torres had it right when he said that this club has everything (well, almost right – all we’re missing is the Premier League trophy, competent owners and a ****load of money). Mascherano too, if his agent is acting under his instruction, doesn’t have valid footballing reasons either, in my view (but this isn’t the thread to talk about him). Rafa’s attempt to sell Xabi, if that’s what’s eating him and I think we can assume that it is, was nothing personal. He hasn’t been persecuted or mistreated. And in fact, he played almost every game last season.

Maybe last summer, the manager’s faith in him had been shaken a bit, but he wasn’t the only one. My heart and my head told me that we should keep Xabi, because form is temporary, because there are very few players like him in world football, and because Gareth Barry’s are dime a dozen in comparison. But I was also worried that Xabi hadn’t been in great form for some time, and clearly so was Rafa to the point where, had a bid come in that matched his valuation of the player, he would have sold him.

Look at it this way: last summer, he was for sale for the right price (somewhere in the range of £16m, right?). This summer, the world has been told outright (via a statement on the club’s official site) that Xabi Alonso is not for sale. Now even if I was sympathetic to Xabi’s hurt feelings on this (which I’m not and I’ll explain why in a bit), it should be a two-way street. If he feels hurt by Rafa’s pursuit of Gareth Barry, then conversely he should feel better by the fact that his manager has issued a hands-off warning and intimated that it would take crazy money to get him. Crazy money, like £30m worth (though if Ronaldo is worth £80m, maybe we should be looking for £60m?). Where were Real Madrid last year when he was available for £16m? Or Juventus, who decided that Poulsen was a better bet? Probably thinking along the same lines as Rafa, that’s the truth.

If your manager does something to hurt your morale, that makes you think he doesn’t rate you, then surely something that proves he does rate you should make up for it, especially when said manager didn’t specifically set out to hurt you in the first place? I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I just don’t get footballers.

The other factor frequently mentioned is that Xabi fell out with Rafa over missing the Inter game in 2007/08 after his wife had given birth. I’m not sure how much of a factor that actually is, given that it happened eighteen months ago, but I will say that if Rafa was guilty of anything on that occasion, it was expecting of his players the same as he expects of himself. When Rafa’s father died in 2005, he stayed with the team in Japan rather than flying home. In this case, Xabi’s wife was giving birth. Nobody had died. And while I sympathise with Xabi on this one, all Rafa was looking for was ultimate professionalism. Was it a bit much? Perhaps. I want to be there when my girlfriend gives birth. But is it worth holding a grudge? No way.

We’re talking about being professional here, and that’s about more than picking up a pay cheque. What does Mr. Pink mean in Reservoir Dogs when he says “I’m the only one acting like a ****ing professional”? Does he mean he’s the only one getting paid? No. He means he’s the only one doing his job to the standards expected. Maybe Xabi is familiar with that line, given that he runs a film club?

My point is that, yes, Xabi fulfils his duties on the pitch. But when you sign a contract, surely you’re undertaking to do other things as well? One aspect of being a professional has got to be leaving personal differences at the door. I’ve never had a boss that I was friends with. Some of them have been sheer dickheads. But, like most people, I’ve had to leave that aside because I need to work to earn a living. Footballers on the other hand, as Xabi says, won’t be unemployed whatever happens. Maybe that’s the problem. Real Madrid, Liverpool, what’s the difference? Well, none to Xabi if he moves there clearly, other than the fact that Pellegrini (who he’s never met) ostensibly wants him more than Rafa (who's said he does want him), even though it’s Perez that’s buying him. Confused? Yep, me too.

But if he does go, maybe he’ll forgive a simple supporter like me if I don’t respect, like, condone or tolerate his decision, but rather feel bitterly disappointed, crack open a bottle of vodka, toast the man for putting himself first, and remember one more time why I don’t have heroes anymore.

you really want him to give more ammunition to the press? :confused:

No, you're right of course, ill thought on my behalf.

(Mind you, I would love to hear it directly from him over a pint. ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Posts like this are an amazing antidote to the usual ill thought out drivel that professional journalists come up with:

Are you Serious Spockey? It is more or less a Rafa love letter mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

No, you're right of course, ill thought on my behalf.

(Mind you, I would love to hear it directly from him over a pint. ;) )

With that exra £8 mill in the bank, he'd want to be paying!

Boggles wrote: »

As a rafa lover myself, i appreciate it all the more. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Not really it seems pretty fair, just a good attempt at putting the situation into words.

rafa love letter?

Man my mind changes on you from post to post, sometimes I think you're actually just analysing the situation well and people are taking you up the wrong way and you don't deserve the ****, and sometimes anything positive about rafa/pool is just shat on by you for no reason, just to irk people and accuse them of being blinkered fanboys.

As a rafa lover myself, i appreciate it all the more. :D

I couldn't read it all, I stopped when he said Masch could not be going to Barcalona for football reasons.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Not really it seems pretty fair, just a good attempt at putting the situation into words.

rafa love letter?

Man my mind changes on you from post to post, sometimes I think you're actually just analysing the situation well and people are taking you up the wrong way and you don't deserve the ****, and sometimes anything positive about rafa/pool is just shat on by you for no reason, just to irk people and accuse them of being blinkered fanboys.

Read that again and tell me he is not a blinkered fanboy.

Rafa is a top manager, but he is also human so he will make mistakes, pieces like that really irk the shít out of me TBH.

Rafa is a top manager, but he is also human so he will make mistakes, pieces like that really irk the shít out of me TBH.

In that case i'm delighted i posted it and will endeavour to find more of the same ;-)

This post may or may not have had some validity if it wasnt posted by a united fan with a few 100 stirring posts in a liverpool thread whos pic is a mouse with a patch over his eye (i know who the mouse is)

Freudian much boggles?

*and off he went ;)

• Advertisement

This post may or may not have had some validity if it wasnt posted by a united fan with a few 100 stirring posts in a liverpool thread whos pic is a mouse with a patch over his eye (i know who the mouse is)

Freudian much boggles?

*and off he went

Danger Mouse. I'd presume everyone does.

WFT has Freud got to do wit Danger Mouse?

That's the single weirdest most confusing response I have ever gotton to one of my posts. :eek:

Danger Mouse. I'd presume everyone does.

WFT has Freud got to do wit Danger Mouse?

That's the single weirdest most confusing response I have ever gotton to one of my posts. :eek:

That the repsonse?

One eyed fanboys boogles, one eyed fan boys (as if you didnt know):eek:

have wan of these :o

have another :o

That the repsonse?

One eyed fanboys boogles, one eyed fan boys (as if you didnt know):eek:

have wan of these :o

have another :o

Okay. :confused:

I don't know why people are saying there is a right or wrong to the post that Spockety put up. Sure it is a bit Pro Rafa, but are we not all pro someone or other at LFC and tend to back our favourites a bit more than the rest on forums.*

* Does not apply to my opinion as I am always right.:)

Do NOT diss Dangermouse:mad:

He's the greatest
    He's fantastic
    Wherever there's danger he'll be there
    He's the ace
    He's amazing
    He's the strongest he's the quickest he's the best
    Danger Mouse
    He's terrific
    He's magnific
    He's the greatest secret agent in the world
    Danger Mouse
    Power House
    He's the fastest he's the greatest he's the best
    Danger Mouse
    Danger Mouse
    DANGER MOUSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just spotted that Didi Hamann is availible on a free.

A half decent signing on fee might help him clear some of his gambling debts :confused:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article6395955.ece

Just noticed - they really didn't waste any time removing Moores from the list of directors on the clubs site.
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/club/board.htm - last modified at 16:59:37 2009

with the announcement on the clubs site having gone up only a minute earlier.

That page still lists Parry as a director - is he not gone yet ? And if so why was it so urgent to remove Moores ?

To me that suggests the order came directly from the owners to remove his name immediately and if so his resignation may not have been entirely his choice. The list of directors on the clubs site is hardly that important that it needs to be done so quickly. That coupled with the incredibly brief statement.

To me something just doesn't sit right with this

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

mike65 wrote: »
    I just spotted that Didi Hamann is availible on a free.

I believe he has ran up a big gambling debt.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Pressure on the yanks

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...52-23911373/2/

CITY MPs have launched a fresh bid to topple Liverpool FC’s American owners.

They want the government to pull the plug on a crucial £350m loan to Tom Hicks and George Gillett – by taking advantage of the part-nationalisation of the Royal Bank of Scotland.

MPs said the move, prompted by fury over the apparent collapse of plans for a new stadium, would force the Americans to sell.

A parliamentary motion was tabled by Walton MP Peter Kilfoyle calling on the government to “ensure the Royal Bank of Scotland does not renew that credit facility at the end of its current term”.

Backed by West Derby MP Bob Wareing the motion was first tabled last autumn.

The new attempted “coup” comes at a crucial time – because the Liverpool loan expires on July 24.

Mr Kilfoyle said: “My concern is for the regeneration that is planned for the area around the new stadium which will not go ahead unless it is built.

“At the current time there are a lot of conflicting demands for that money.

“That means it could be lost altogether because the stadium seems to be as far away as ever.”

Mr Kilfoyle accepted RBS was still an “autonomous” organisation.

But he added: “The government has a great deal of influence, because it is the majority shareholder.”

Hicks and Gillett announced a one-year delay to the Stanley Park scheme last October.

Since then, the Anfield crisis has worsened with the revelation of a £42.6m loss, mainly because of interest payments on debts taken on to buy the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

aaronh007 wrote: »
    What about Stephen Darby? This lad has real talent and is highly thought of by Rafa and his staff. He would have made his debut against Sunderland in January last season but picked up an injury.

Also I don't really see why we would sign Bassong because in Martin Kelly we have an outstanding young player who earned rave reviews from Anfield legend Terry McDermott when he was on loan at Huddersfield for the last 3 months of the season.

Well fair enough but is he ready?? So let's say we only have johnson and darby so... johnson gets injured for a month... Would you be confident in such a young player to play in so many cup and league matches in a row.. i just think we should hold onto arbeloa unless funds are needed.

fair enough about kelly although i thought it was san jose who is in line for 4th choice... anyway i was just saying Bassong would be a good cheap option if possible, if not i'm not that bothered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,142 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tok9 wrote: »
    Well fair enough but is he ready?? So let's say we only have johnson and darby so... johnson gets injured for a month... Would you be confident in such a young player to play in so many cup and league matches in a row.. i just think we should hold onto arbeloa unless funds are needed.
    To be fair we would also have Carra as an option for any tougher games while Johnson were injured, leaving Skrtel and Agger in CB which is not too shabby.
    fair enough about kelly although i thought it was san jose who is in line for 4th choice... anyway i was just saying Bassong would be a good cheap option if possible, if not i'm not that bothered
    Kelly and San Jose would be vying for it against each other, both highly rated. Bassong would be a decent buy alright, but id prefer we gave a chance to our own youth, doesn't give them much hope if we're having 2 of the particularly highly rated reserves as 5th and 6th choice..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ya that makes sense alrite... i really hope the likes of pacheco and nemeth get a chance this year...

actually i'm pretty happy with the squad, if we sign johnson and maybe a winger or striker then i think we'll have a pretty strong team next year!
    i'm really expecting riera to have a good season too and be able to last longer... hopefully babel will get his act together..

if babel doesn't perform next season he's gone, simply as.. i really hope he gets a few games in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

tevez rules out move to liverpool surprise surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

New statement from SOS
    The Spirit of Shankly released a statement on the 8th June 2009 in response to the video footage of the End of Season Party Night which appeared on a number of internet sites. We subsequently received approximately 25 pieces of correspondence from members commenting on the footage. In the interim period we have received four requests to cancel memberships.

The Union recognised the concern generated by the footage and the Management Committee recently met to review the incident and our reaction to it. Our review has led us to tighten a number of organisational issues relating to future events. These cover security, identification of a specified Committee member with individual control over running order, content and crucially, the authority to stop and remove any performers bringing the Union or Liverpool fans into disrepute. We regret that no one took steps on the night to stop the performance, and these new guidelines are designed to avoid a repeat of this situation.

The Committee reviewed the general organisation of the End of Season Party and was satisfied that the majority of arrangements ran smoothly due to the commitment and hard work of our Events Committee. While it is no excuse for the chanting that occurred, it has to be recognised that this event was “open door” and not confined solely to Union members. There were a significant number of non members in attendance within the 1400 ticket allocation. The performer in question is not a Union member and the decision to allow him on stage was an impromptu one. He will not be asked to perform at any Union event in the future.

Although some members of the Committee and some members of the Union were aware that the chanting had taken place we received no complaint from any member immediately after the event. We took the view that the incident was regrettable and to draw any attention to it would undermine the Union and Liverpool fans. We stand by that view.

The Union takes a strong stance in reflecting our members’ opinions and within our response on 8th June 2009 we made it clear we do not condone such chanting. Our stance on this issue is to condemn chanting by any football fans from any Club about death, football disasters or any suffering and we repeat the regret we have over allowing this incident to take place. We apologise to our members who were offended and to the wider Liverpool fan base and anyone else similarly affected.

We now intend to return to the issues that concern the vast majority of our members, ridding the Club of its current owners, ticketing and travel – issues that have resulted in over 80 new members since the 8th June and over 300 emails regarding the cancellation of the PTS. We will be making no further comment on this issue.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Spirit-of-Shankly-Review-of-End-of-Season-Party.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Headshot wrote: »

damn fine article.

cheers for that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

At least there is no bull**** grey area with Torres.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

torres is made of win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

none of ye will admit it but ye were ****ting yourselves when ye saw the link ;)

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    torres is made of win

Gives me a major horn!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement