Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Headshot wrote: »
    none of ye will admit it but ye were ****ting yourselves when ye saw the link ;)

You're right I won't admit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

none of ye will admit it but ye were ****ting yourselves when ye saw the link ;)

genuinely didn't believe it for a second.

and i've believed some amount of sh*te on these forums before.

sorry man.

honest try though, appreciate it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Nice try, I scrolled over the link and saw it's true identity. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Boggles wrote: »
    I couldn't read it all, I stopped when he said Masch could not be going to Barcalona for football reasons.
    Boggles wrote: »
    Read that again and tell me he is not a blinkered fanboy.

Rafa is a top manager, but he is also human so he will make mistakes, pieces like that really irk the shít out of me TBH.

If you'd read it, you'd have seen it actually agreed with your other post.

PS. I like the Torres article. I'd read more into that, than tabloid articles on Mascherano.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Chelsea have had a near identical bid for Johnson accepted. Up to the player to decide which club he wants to go to now.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5388201,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Dub13 wrote: »
    I believe he has ran up a big gambling debt.

Do you think he lost his money betting on Liverpool winning the premiership last year? That sucks that he is in the sh1t. He is definitely worth another move anyways, would be a decent addition to alot of squads in the prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

zing wrote: »
    Chelsea have had a near identical bid for Johnson accepted. Up to the player to decide which club he wants to go to now.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5388201,00.html

Would suggest Bosingwa is gonna move on to Munich then if they're trying to buy Johnson back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Nice handy start for the spurs , guaranteed 3 points against the pool , just like a couple of months ago at the lane

COYS:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Summa summa summa-tiiiiime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Gives me a major horn!!

If it's a South African buzzin JUST PLEASE MAKE IT STOP horn...............................your barred!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

yom 1 wrote: »
    If it's a South African buzzin JUST PLEASE MAKE IT STOP horn...............................your barred!:p

They are annoying the fu€k out of me alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Is it possible to get them banned before they host the world cup? Its alright for a mickey mouse competition to be watched with the sound off, but when it comes to the real deal, we cant have all that painful noise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

Would suggest Bosingwa is gonna move on to Munich then if they're trying to buy Johnson back.

more great business from the chelsea:rolleyes:, bosingwa is the better player IMO.

Think Johnson is coming to merseyside though, he want to come, the clubs have agreed a fee and he was treated poorly at Chelsea last time.

As for the Torres interview, it goes without saying he always says the correct things. He seems confident Masc is going nowhere as well. Better than reading ****e in the red-tops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

prendy wrote: »
    more great business from the chelsea:rolleyes:, bosingwa is the better player IMO.

Think Johnson is coming to merseyside though, he want to come, the clubs have agreed a fee and he was treated poorly at Chelsea last time.

As for the Torres interview, it goes without saying he always says the correct things. He seems confident Masc is going nowhere as well. Better than reading ****e in the red-tops!
    Johnson in for Bosingwa, with Bosingwa being used in the attempt to sign Ribery would not be a bad piece of business overall.

Also, was reading a story in the Star this morning about United moving for Benzema and at the end of the article it said that United had now entered the running for Johnson - stating a third team were in the running and that it was United, not City. Personally I don't think it is true as I don't think he is an 18million improvement over Brown or, potentially, Raf Da Silva.

Supposedly in todays Marca, Valencia are offering Villa to Chelsea, as they refuse to sell him to another Spanish side.

I'm only going on something I was told, so don't have a link to it.

Supposedly in todays Marca, Valencia are offering Villa to Chelsea, as they refuse to sell him to another Spanish side.

I'm only going on something I was told, so don't have a link to it.

http://translate.google.ie/translate?u=http://www.marca.com/2009/06/19/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1245362832.html&sl=es&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

make of that translation what you can.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Alonso refuses to commit
    Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has seemingly confirmed that his Anfield future is in some doubt.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez looks under increasing pressure as the long-term futures of his midfield stars Alonso and Javier Mascherano appear far from certain.

While Mascherano's agents have held discussions with Barcelona, Alonso has intimated he may also be looking for a better deal elsewhere.

Speaking in South Afirca, where he is competing in the Confederations Cup with Spain, Alonso stoked up the speculation surrounding his future.

"Would you be disappointed if you end up having to stay at Liverpool next season?" he was asked.

"I can't answer that question," he replied.

Benitez has already insisted he does not want to sell any of his key players this summer, with the club releasing a statement last week stressing their desire to keep the midfield duo.
    Good old Sky Sports warping a day old statement into something new.

Also, everyone will be saying Rafa is "under pressure" soon - it seems Sky want to push that angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nope not when you place the mouse over it and it says Torres vows to Stay with Liverpool, better luck next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gucci wrote: »
    Is it possible to get them banned before they host the world cup? Its alright for a mickey mouse competition to be watched with the sound off, but when it comes to the real deal, we cant have all that painful noise!

They are apart of South African football, according to the South African i was talking to in work.

He said he does not follow the football because of them.

Fernando Torres has pledged his long-term future to Liverpool.
    The 25-year-old Spain striker had been touted as a target for Manchester United once Cristiano Ronaldo completes his £80m move to Real Madrid.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

There are suggestions in some of today's broadsheets that Glen Johnson actually had a medical last night in Liverpool and will put pen to paper very shortly.

The deal is being worked as "up to" 18.5m, with 5m paid up front this summer, and the remainder over the term of his (presumably) 4 year contract. If you assume the maximum, it's only 1.6m a year.

Sounds like a decent enough deal when put like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Most deals these days are being done on a future payments basis. It's really a rariety that you'd get all the cash up front.

PHB wrote: »
    Most deals these days are being done on a future payments basis. It's really a rariety that you'd get all the cash up front.

Aye, but if the 7m Crouch factor wasn't there, the terms of the deal might not have looked as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We need our own ITK.

Interesting. I wonder if this puts Villa's remarks about only moving to England if it is to go to Liverpool in context? Forcing Valencia's hand?

Harry Kewell did it with Leeds and it worked. ;)

spockety wrote: »

Harry Kewell did it with Leeds and it worked. ;)

Don't tempt faith.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Would be sickend if Johnson snubs Liverpool now. Personally I think fans think to much about money being spent rather than the players coming in at times.

Without thinking about the transfer fee imo Johnson is a better RB than arbeloa and far better at attacking so its a really good move.

Johnson and Kuyt = :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

joe123 wrote: »
    Johnson and Kuyt = :D

Alot more defending for Kuyt to be doin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I don't trust anything from SkySports anymore, the more twisted the angle the happier they seem to report on it. Same goes for SkyNews but that's only my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,142 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Alot more defending for Kuyt to be doin!

On the odd cocasion yes, but the way the team play now, pool dominate posession so theres not a lot of defending needed to be done. if needs be for any particular game we can always go ultra defensive with Carra RB and Agger+Skrtel in the center

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Problem with quotes from foreign media is you can't believe anything until you actually see the video of them saying it. It's just gotten to an hilarious stage now where people actually just make up quotes for the hell of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,142 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PHB wrote: »
    Problem with quotes from foreign media is you can't believe anything until you actually see the video of them saying it. It's just gotten to an hilarious stage now where people actually just make up quotes for the hell of it.

Aye, and the way they completely ignore context is just a complete joke. Since when did providing the actual news story become a thing of the past?

spockety wrote: »
    There are suggestions in some of today's broadsheets that Glen Johnson actually had a medical last night in Liverpool and will put pen to paper very shortly.

The deal is being worked as "up to" 18.5m, with 5m paid up front this summer, and the remainder over the term of his (presumably) 4 year contract. If you assume the maximum, it's only 1.6m a year.

Sounds like a decent enough deal when put like that.
    aye, when you seem to make up figures it can look great - surely it would be 3.375million per year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

aye, when you seem to make up figures it can look great - surely it would be 3.375million per year?

Pompey owe Liverpool 7M from the Crouch deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

5m this summer
    7m from Crouch
    leaves 5.5 m or so to be paid over 4 years.

the maths is easy really...

• Advertisement

Hobart wrote: »
    Pompey owe Liverpool 7M from the Crouch deal.

So you are just gonna write that off as if it never happened? That money would have been budgeted for - it would be part of the Liverpool finances.

So you are just gonna write that off as if it never happened? That money would have been budgeted for - it would be part of the Liverpool finances.

You said you didn't understand it (well you did before your edit), I explained it, what's the issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

doesnt matter what way you look at it he is still costing us 18 or so million.terrible terrible piece of buisness especially when arbeloa is a better defender

doesnt matter what way you look at it he is still costing us 18 or so million.terrible terrible piece of buisness especially when arbeloa is a better defender

I agree with you, he is way over priced at 18M, however I think the way the deal is structured is important, as it dictates what's left in the pot for other signings.

epic_fail.jpg

• Advertisement

We haven't seen Johnson in a Liverpool jersy, so we have no idea.

Remember the amount of dissent at the idea of spending £8,000,000 on a Man City reject?!

I'll let you know how good Johnson is at the end of next season.;)

(If he signs)

You said you didn't understand it (well you did before your edit), I explained it, what's the issue?

It doesn't make to me to look at it that way.

The money from the Crouch transfer would have been added to your finances and budgeted for. If you write that off, it is still a payment of 7million you are making to Pompey, the way you are looking at it doesn't make sense imo.

It wouldn't be 1.6 million, it would be 3million plus because the money from Crouch would have been budgeted for.

If United bough casilas off Real Madrid for 100million tomorrow, would it really only be a 20million transfer?

The money from the Crouch transfer would have been added to your finances and budgeted for. If you write that off, it is still a payment of 7million you are making to Pompey, the way you are looking at it doesn't make sense imo.

It wouldn't be 1.6 million, it would be 3million plus because the money from Crouch would have been budgeted for.

If United bough casilas off Real Madrid for 100million tomorrow, would it really only be a 20million transfer?

Nobody is saying it's not an 18.5m transfer. As Hobart points out, the structure of the deal goes some way to indicating that this summer's pot isn't being affected much.

But that 7million for Crouch would have been budgeted for - it would have been part of the summer pot. Just because you are giving it back to pompey doesn't make it any different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

But that 7million for Crouch would have been budgeted for - it would have been part of the summer pot. Just because you are giving it back to pompey doesn't make it any different.

Sorry but it might not have been 7Million for the summer pot. Depending on how they structured their payment arrangements it might only have been 1.5Million or less for this summers pot.

I don't think anybody is debating the fact that he is costing up to 18.5M, maybe you would like to point out where they are?

Look, you said that "I don't understand this - surely it would be 3.375million per year?". That was your original statement. For some reason, best known to yourself, you decided to change it to something about somebody "making up" figures.

I explained to you why it would be 1.6M per year as opposed to 3.375M per (as did others), as you had some difficulty in understanding that.

You are know going on about some player I have never heard of 'casilas'(I presume you are talking about Igor Casillas) and Utd signing him, tbh, I think spockety's post sums it up.

I don't think anybody is debating the fact that he is costing up to 18.5M, maybe you would like to point out where they are?

Look, you said that "I don't understand this - surely it would be 3.375million per year?". That was your original statement. For some reason, best known to yourself, you decided to change it to something about somebody "making up" figures.

I explained to you why it would be 1.6M per year as opposed to 3.375M per (as did others), as you had some difficulty in understanding that.

You are know going on about some player I have never heard of 'casilas'(I presume you are talking about Igor Casillas) and Utd signing him, tbh, I think spockety's post sums it up.
    lol - Igor Casillas? Who is that? Ilker's ugly younger brother? Correction FAIL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Might actually get the deal done and dusted sharpish - sounds like things will be sorted next week from what Storrie is saying.
    Liverpool FC confident of beating Chelsea to Glen Johnson signature

Jun 19 2009 by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are set to score their first victory of the new season over Chelsea – by clinching the signature of Glen Johnson from Portsmouth.

Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie has confirmed that the England full-back had been given permission to speak to TWO clubs.

“Glen has got permission to speak to two clubs and I think that is what he is going to do,” he said.

“The matter will come to a conclusion next week. I do not have a preference over the move, it is up to Glen and his agent. The deals are almost identical so it is really down to him and what club he prefers.”

Liverpool, however, remain confident that the £17m defender has made up his mind on a move to Anfield.

He is expected to cut short a holiday to have a medical this weekend.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/06/19/liverpool-fc-confident-of-beating-chelsea-to-glen-johnson-signature-100252-23923468/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Lol - Igor Casillas? Who is that? Ilker's ugly younger brother? Correction FAIL!!
    The misspelled brother of Iker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lol - Igor Casillas? Who is that? Ilker's ugly younger brother? Correction FAIL!!

Now, I generally quite like reading your posts but I think you should take a wee step back and stop posting for a few mins.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement