Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

891blog_keyboard_cat.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol

Headshot wrote: »
    yessssssssssssss

FAIL HAS HAPPENED TO YOU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

idk about Bojan he has promise but iv near been that impressed with him

He's 18, back to reality, he'd only leave on a loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

yessssssssssssss
    20,001 is a pleasing number alright

look again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

JPA wrote: »
    He's 18, back to reality, he'd only leave on a loan.
    Not sure about that - there was some talk of him being included in a deal for Villa iirc

mayordenis wrote: »
    FAIL HAS HAPPENED TO YOU

lol

no it hasnt

keyboard cat says otherwise.

• Advertisement

zing wrote: »
    Not sure about that - there was some talk of him being included in a deal for Villa iirc

That was on loan too. He's destined to be a Barca legend. Maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Jesus, a whole lot of posts deleted in the last couple of minutes lads :)

Jesus, a whole lot of posts deleted in the last couple of minutes lads :)

A few people must of realised they were talking bollox :pac:

That must be it :)

I was robbed

Call the cops.

Once those individuals who tried to frig the result by deleting posts had the posts reinstated it all became clear :)

Particularly fond of the comment you left in the post you deleted "Your not getting near 20000" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

JPA wrote: »
    So how much is Alonso worth?

as a non pool fan i'd say 15-20, a good solid player for the best of teams but still questions over his consistency imo.

Masch i'd pay 30 for easily, definitely the best DM in the world at the mo, and he'll only get better with experience.

and Yaya is a very different player to Masch. he's not the high energy in your face type of player, he wouldn't cover as much ground or get into covering positions to the same extent. I think he's more like Alonso in many respects, good at starting attacks from deep thought with a shorter passing range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

as a non pool fan i'd say 15-20, a good solid player for the best of teams but still questions over his consistency imo.

really? cause he has been consistantly brilliant all year....wat more do you want from him?

Rafa refused to sell for 15m last year supposedly, i'd imagine Alonso is valued at 30m+ after the season he has just had. He was sensational, all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

yap I was jut about to post that

masch is worth 35m+ imo

id worry for liverpool if ye dont get another good DM,the recent chelsea CL 1st leg showed what a lost masch was

Agreed.

We'd have beaten Chelsea with him in the first leg.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    really? cause he has been consistantly brilliant all year....wat more do you want from him?

Rafa refused to sell for 15m last year supposedly, i'd imagine Alonso is valued at 30m+ after the season he has just had. He was sensational, all year.

Not in the first leg against Chelsea, which strangely Masc missed, a telling point. Masc at his best lets Alonso do what Alonso does best.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Alonso has been a lot better than Mascherano this season, just cause he didn't have a great game against Chelsea (he was pretty good from wat i remember?) doesnt mean anything.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Alonso has been a lot better than Mascherano this season, just cause he didn't have a great game against Chelsea (he was pretty good from wat i remember?) doesnt mean anything.

He'd a poor first leg, a good second leg, like most of the team, Gerrard included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

K-9 wrote: »
    He'd a poor first leg, a good second leg, like most of the team, Gerrard included.

Yeah, Gerrard had a great second leg.
    Scored and everything.

Pity they messed up, and gave him the wrong jersey and it said Lucas on the back.

I kinda want one of our midfield boyo's to go I know it sounds fickle but I absolutely believe Lucas will come into this own.

Yeah, Gerrard had a great second leg.
    Scored and everything.

Pity they messed up, and gave him the wrong jersey and it said Lucas on the back.

And the first leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Just in the door & read the last few pages.

OK first off, Kevin Doyle. WTF, are you having a laugh? He aint no fu*king Liverpool standard player. Reading can keep him and as for Stephen Hunt, dont even get me started. I can just imagine Stevie G's face if he was told that the club haven't signed David Villa but Championship goal machine KD :D.

Im really begining to worry that we'll lose Masch &/or Alonso. Masch needs to sort his bit*h out big time & its begining to look like Xabi wants to leave. I just hope Real aint as interested in him as he may be in them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

mayordenis wrote: »
    I kinda want one of our midfield boyo's to go I know it sounds fickle but I absolutely believe Lucas will come into this own.

:eek:

Please tell me your fu*king joking mate!

If not you need to get some sleep pronto!

And the first leg?

Read what you said again.
    K-9 wrote:

How could Gerrard have had a poor first leg and a good second leg, when Gerrard didn't play in the second leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

first off, boourns to that battle for 20k!

Also, dear god i hope masch doesn't leave! Only 4 players are in my must keep list and they are Masch, Alonso, Torres and Gerrard. If they need to be offered more money, fine, give it to them. If they want a beach house in the bahama's, give it to them. If they want to be flown home on a weakly basis so their newborn can experience regular sunshine, give it to them. Those 4 guys are the backbone of this team and are each amongst, if not the, very best in the world at what they do.

Hephaestus wrote: »
    :eek:

Please tell me your fu*king joking mate!

If not you need to get some sleep pronto!

I bet you this time next year, all Liverpool fans will be saying they never doubted Lucas, and that they always thought he'd come good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I've said before and I'll say it again, if Masch leaves he loses a lot of respect in my eyes.

• Advertisement

Read what you said again.

How could Gerrard have had a poor first leg and a good second leg, when Gerrard didn't play in the second leg?

:o

OK. LOL

Still we where crap the 1st leg?

I've said before and I'll say it again, if Masch leaves he loses a lot of respect in my eyes.

Yes, but I think it doesn't really matter what you or I think then.

He's gone then, end of story.

Yes, but I think it doesn't really matter what you or I think then.

He's gone then, end of story.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Yes, as with any player leaving. Look at Keane.

We can all moan and cry but they are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Im sure that will affect his life decisions alright

"ere wife, i dont care that you dont like living in England, u and thems kids get back here pronto or some lad on an Irish message board is gonna lose a lot of respect for me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

Respect dont be so fluping naive, its a 10 maybe 15 year career money talks most languages and the kid wants to win some decent silverware he is off its only a matter of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

elshambo wrote: »
    Im sure that will affect his life decisions alright

"ere wife, i dont care that you dont like living in England, u and thems kids get back here pronto or some lad on an Irish message board is gonna lose a lot of respect for me"

lmfao x 69

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

sitout wrote: »
    Respect dont be so fluping naive, its a 10 maybe 15 year career money talks most languages and the kid wants to win some decent silverware he is off its only a matter of time.

Oh, tempting bait, very tempting. Not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

So its been confirmed on sky sports news and the bbc that Tevez is leaving utd, wouldn't mind seeing him in a pool jersey next season but I think he said he wouldn't come here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8110740.stm

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5388225,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

darkskol Tevez said yesterday/day before he wouldn't join Liverpool.

Okay then Masch is on his way. That is my belief as he won't get in the way of an angry pregnant wife and Barcas allure. So its just a question of the deal. 20 million cash plus Bojan would be a good deal I think. While the money is decent it would also fix the issue of finding a good Torres understudy, which is needed.

So who to buy as a defensive MF? Torsten Frings? Daniele De Rossi? Senna?

mike65 wrote: »
    darkskol Texez said yesterday/day before he wouldn't join Liverpool.

Okay then Masch is on his way. That is my belief as he won't get in the way of an angry pregnant wife and Barcas allure. So its just a question of the deal. 20 million cash plus Bojan would be a good deal I think. While the money is decent it would also fix the issue of finding a good Torres understudy, which is needed.

So who to buy as a defensive MF? Torsten Frings? Daniele De Rossi? Senna?

Can't blame Masch tbh.

Very likeable player and would get a good reception if he did leave & came back playing at Anfield with Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,744 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Read last week, Barca only have a 35 million transfer kitty, WTF do they do with their money?

They will get 18 for Eto, who will need to be replaced, also Henrys legs are going/gone, so he will need to be upgraded.

Boggles wrote: »
    Read last week, Barca only have a 35 million transfer kitty, WTF do they do with their money?

Hookers tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe like the Boards.ie admins they have a weakness for coke and hookers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if masch leaves i've one thing to say...

f*cking women.

always getting in the f*cking way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

20 million plus Bojan would be a travesty. Bojan looks lightweight even in la liga. He is not supposed to deal with pressure very well so i don't see what he'll offer us really.

I don't get people saying 40m is too much for someone of Masch's position. Madrid made the mistake of undervaluing Makelele. I know Rafa won't make the same mistake. 40m should be the absolute minimum. 30m plus Yaya Toure maybe, but i'd prefer cash.
    I'd be devastated if he went though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

They will get 18 for Eto, who will need to be replaced, also Henrys legs are going/gone, so he will need to be upgraded.

well they dont get shirt sponsorship, in fact they pay for theirs, that would be a big loss.

id imagine the wage bill is huge, but they would have massive gates. dont know what they get in TV money, but might not be as much as PL teams.

and Henrys legs are going/gone?

29 league games, 19 goals and 8 assists last year

played 12 in europe, 6 goals and 4 assists

far from gone, he'd get into any of the 'big 4' at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

also, with regards lads leaving for women, i just dont understand this

surely before a footballer explains to his other half, before they get married or whatever, that up until he is 35, his career is everything. That means we may have to live somewhere like liverpool or manchester or wherever for maybe 5 years or more. but for this, ill be taking home around £80,000 per week.
    after that, they can live anywhere in the world sure.

its a joke tbh, fúcking tell her that his job is in liverpool and thats where im staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

People are getting a bit crazy about transfer values because of the Kaka Ronaldo incidents. I'd be surprised to see many players go for above 30 million, its pretty much the top price you can justify in a business sense. Barca are a business, they aren't Madrid or someone.

30 mill is pretty close to the max you'll get from any proper club.

Mascherano has no great attachment to Liverpool. It's current a job he likes. But I'd imagine he'd probably quite like Barca aswell. While fans find this tough to consider, if you think about your job and how you think about it, you'd probably understand. If his wife isn't happy, there's no real reason for him not to move to Barca. Both clubs in with a decent shot of winning the league and CL, inded he's probably got a better chance at Barca. He would be the perfect foil to their system, and I'd say he knows that. When the wife wants to move and it makes sense for your career, even if you like your current job, you'd probably want to leave. Personally, I think it'd be kinda weird if he just ignored his wifes wishes.

They're merely living within their means, imagine that.
    They've also got a lot of debt from years past.

event wrote:
    its a joke tbh, fúcking tell her that his job is in liverpool and thats where im staying.

Except he probably won't be exactly crying if joins Barca.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement