Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Breaking news on Sky: mike65 fails in fake news attempt!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Did you make that yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep just now, nothing better to do than copy and paste a billion bits and pieces! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

It's totally cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

mike65 wrote: »
    Yep just now, nothing better to do than copy and paste a billion bits and pieces! :pac:

Would have been remotely convincing if:

a) You didn't mess up 'Villa'on the second bullet
    b) You at least included a fake link!

But not a bad effort ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Not sure if this has been posted yet cos I couldn't be bothered to look further than 4 pages back but,

Stephen Darby and Jay Spearing are expected to sign new contracts when they come back for pre-season.

Quote:

Liverpool duo Jay Spearing and Stephen Darby have agreed new deals, skysports.com understands.

The Reds have been in talks with the home-grown pair for the last few months as they look to secure the duo on long-term deals.

The pair are entering the final year of their existing deals and Liverpool boss Rafa Benitezis keen to reward them with three-year extensions.

Midfielder Spearing, who captained the FA Youth Cup-winning side in 2007, made his debut for the first team last season and impressed as a substitute in the UEFA Champions League win over Real Madrid.

Full-back Darby is highly-rated at Anfield and he made three appearances in the first team last term.

The duo are expected to put pen-to-paper on the contracts next week when Liverpool return for pre-season training.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5415992,00.html

Excellent news in my opinion and they should be heavily involved in the pre-season fixtures. DEFINITE lads for the future.

Great news. It's kind of obvious these two are held in high esteem by Rafa, Darby in my opinion would be adequate cover for Johnson at right back, and Spearing is progressing really really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Great news. It's kind of obvious these two are held in high esteem by Rafa, Darby in my opinion would be adequate cover for Johnson at right back, and Spearing is progressing really really well.

I always thought Spearing looked as good as Lucas to be honest and not given as much as a chance. Even though I dont rate lucas ive high hopes for spearing. Hopefully lucas will prove me wrong this season.

joe123 wrote: »
    I always thought Spearing looked as good as Lucas to be honest and not given as much as a chance. Even though I dont rate lucas ive high hopes for spearing. Hopefully lucas will prove me wrong this season.

I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised by Lucas next season....

We may have to be! :eek: ;)

Make of this what you will http://twitter.com/livertweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

!!!

I like Riera a lot but that would be a pretty kickass deal. Pacheco on loan could be good for us too in the long run as realistically not gonna play too big a part with Gerrard and Yossi's position being his ideal spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Christ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wont be true.

if it is i'll **** myself silly all month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

The new Koptalk ? Or some annoying twat running it out of his bedroom - oh wait - same thing really isn't it.

99.999% likely to be just another fiction based site

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Keep Masch, lose Alonso, get Villa and Silva, lose Riera and Vorinin, farm out Pacheco for a high level loan for a season.

If all true, I could certainly live with that, but we would need some sort of replacement for Alonso who would sadly not be as good.

We'll find out soon how reputable that place is though I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lol at that twitter link

The internet, great for muck spreading and pron - little else.

So £40M for Villa & Silva + Riera & Voronin, or including Riera & Voronin?

If + those too, I'd say no thanks. If total of deal was 40m including the pair, fair enough - though for some reason I really don't see how Silva would be better that Riera, apart from playing a couple of other positions - Riera is every bit as good on the wing IMO

Probably total boolsheet though - especially considering I've seen this from no other source.

Oh, and Biscuits, eff off.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5415860,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If total of deal was 40m including the pair, fair enough

The twitter link is more plausable than Silva and Villa for 40 million :pac:

Madrid had 45 million turned down just for Villa. :eek:

How to write a headline
    Liverpool FC: Alonso and Mascherano going nowhere; duo sign new deals

Story
    Despite continued pursuit from Real Madrid and Barcelona, English soccer club Liverpool will keep hold of its midfielders Xavi Alonso and Javier Mascherano, according to Spanish goalkeeper Jose Reina.

Reina insists that the club’s manager, Rafa Benitez, will stand strong against all but the most extreme transfer bids frmo his homeland. “I believe that he has his mind very clear and his idea in these moments is to not sell,“ said the goalkeeper. “He wants to continue with a team he has known for a long time, with an already fundamented base and where we know almost everything. Whoever wants to touch this team or this structure will have to pay a lot of money.“

Reina’s comment came on the same day as another Barcelona player heralded the proposed signing of Mascherano. Barcelona midfielder Sergi Busquets said: “He is a magnificent player and hopefully he can be added.“

Should Liverpool stand firm against the Spanish interest, they will be bucking a trend already established this summer that has seen Europe’s best players heading to Spain. Cristiano Ronaldo, who moved to Real Madrid from Manchester United for US$130 million, declared this weekend: “The Premier League is a very good competition, but I think that the Spanish league is going to have a little more quality because of the players who are arriving. Both leagues are going to be very good, but I think that with Florentino Perez’s signings, the Spanish league will be superior to the English.“

Meanwhile, two Liverpool players have signed new contracts with the club, according to reports. Youngsters Jay Spearing, who impressed as a substitute in Liverpool’s convinving Champions League win over Real Madrid, and Steven Darby, a full-back who made three first team appearances last season, are believed to have signed new three-year deals.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That is a tad misleading alright, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

Boggles wrote: »
    The twitter link is more plausable than Silva and Villa for 40 million :pac:

Madrid had 45 million turned down just for Villa. :eek:

Its £40 million plus Voronin and Riera and Dani Pachceo on loan.

Its still a load of bollocks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

slingerz wrote: »

Its still a load of bollocks though.

that would indicate Voronin and riera ar worth the same as Silva - Valencia would be mad to think that!!

slingerz wrote: »

I know, the poster turned that down, but said £40 million for the 2 would be fair enough.

More Like Silva 35 and Villa 45-50. So roughly 80 million.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

This Livertweet feed has unexpectedly lit the candle of hope in my heart!

Foolish candle..

dardoz wrote: »
    This Livertweet feed has unexpectedly lit the candle of hope in my heart!

Foolish candle..

The candle to light the fart of every 'Pool fan.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

I know, the poster turned that down, but said £40 million for the 2 would be fair enough.

Silva wouldnt be anywhere near £35 million. between £20 - £25 Million would be his price range.

Still too expensive for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That twitter is pure ****ing rubbish.

Silva £35m ?

Not so sure about that. Liverpool can't afford either anyway. Apparantly.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Silva £35m ?

Not so sure about that. Liverpool can't afford either anyway. Apparantly.

Supply and demand really.

Lack of quality wide men out there will push up the prices considerably.

Personally believe he is worth nothing close to it.

Supply and demand really.

Lack of quality wide men out there will push up the prices considerably.

Personally believe he is worth nothing close to it.

Nor do I. And I wouldn't buy him to replace Riera either - I think Riera is at least as good as an out and out winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

that would indicate Voronin and riera ar worth the same as Silva - Valencia would be mad to think that!!

riera starts ahead of silva for spain

rossie1977 wrote: »

Are you taking that just from the confederations cup?

TB returns at the Echo - seemed to be awol since end of season (maybe he went on hols with Parry ? ;) ).

Yossi to get a 1 year contract extension. No offers yet for Xabi or Masch but prob just a matter of time. Nothing else of note to report

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/07/06/yossi-benayoun-agrees-new-liverpool-fc-deal-100252-24084703/

Headshot wrote: »
    Are you taking that just from the confederations cup?

nope he started against Azerbaijan in the friendly before the confed cup and he started against turkey in last world cup qualifying match, scored in both too

nope he started against Azerbaijan in the friendly before the confed cup and he started against turkey in last world cup qualifying match, scored in both two

Wasnt he injured before the confederation cup

nope he started against Azerbaijan in the friendly before the confed cup and he started against turkey in last world cup qualifying match, scored in both too
    He had an ankle injury early on last season, and it was recurring throughout, that's why he missed out on Spain games.

RE: The Twitter feed

Guys, coming from a Twitter-head, don't believe a word of that for one second. There are hundreds of feeds out there, this is just one random poor one. It has updated its page 8 times, that shows how much of a Liverpool news feed it is. It has 63 followers, other feeds would have hundreds.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    He had an ankle injury early on last season, and it was recurring throughout, that's why he missed out on Spain games.

who silva?? he has been sitting on the bench last 6 spain games stretching back to april, last game he started for spain he was taken off early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

zing wrote: »
    TB returns at the Echo - seemed to be awol since end of season (maybe he went on hols with Parry ? ;) ).

Yossi to get a 1 year contract extension. No offers yet for Xabi or Masch but prob just a matter of time. Nothing else of note to report

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/07/06/yossi-benayoun-agrees-new-liverpool-fc-deal-100252-24084703/

TB was on his honeymoon.
    good news about Yossi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Yeh, the same Riera that so many "experts" wrote-off as not good enough before Rafa signed him up.

Chalk another one to Benitez, along with Crouch (sold for profit), Bellamy (sold for profit), Benayoun, Luis Garcia, and more obvious like Skytel, Reina and that Spanish striker, Fernando something... ;)

More than makes up for the duds, IMO...

Dickerty wrote: »
    Yeh, the same Riera that so many "experts" wrote-off as not good enough before Rafa signed him up.

Chalk another one to Benitez, along with Crouch (sold for profit), Bellamy (sold for profit), Benayoun, Luis Garcia, and more obvious like Skytel, Reina and that Spanish striker, Fernando something... ;)

More than makes up for the duds, IMO...

Jaysoos, I didn't know he dabbled in Telecomms too - better hope Gillette and co. dont get wind of it! ;)

Agree with the points though, all turned out to be very good purchases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

who silva?? he has been sitting on the bench last 6 spain games stretching back to april, last game he started for spain he was taken off early

don't let the truth get in the way of your argument

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1932/confederations-cup-news/2009/06/23/1341473/riera-reina-pick-up-minor-knocks-but-david-silva-fully-fit
    La Furia Roja have been in irresistible form in the competition despite missing a number of key players through injury, but coach Vicente del Bosque will now at least be able to count on the return of David Silva.

The Valencia winger has so far only played a bit part in the group phase of the tournament as he struggles to make a full recovery from an end-of-season injury, but on Sunday he completed training without any signs of physical problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Jaysoos, I didn't know he dabbled in Telecomms too - better hope Gillette and co. dont get wind of it! ;)

Agree with the points though, all turned out to be very good purchases.

Eh.... I totally meant that.

He has had a few bogus buys, who hasn't, but he has signed 9 of our starting 11, so kudos...

He has had a few bogus buys, who hasn't, but he has signed 9 of our starting 11, so kudos...
    Well after 5 years at the club you'd kinda expect him to have signed most of the first team alright ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Eh.... I totally meant that.

He signed all but two of our squad!

(That were bought)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

kida wrote: »

Cazorla just came back from a broken leg and he looked a lot better than silva, never really been a big fan of silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

The internet, great for muck spreading and pron - little else.

Coming from the man with forty five thousand posts!:pac:

• Advertisement

Oink oink!

/mmmm pron

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement