Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

yeah missed it the first time around.

Insua would be my 1st choice this year anyway for LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

mike65 wrote: »
    Everones happy then! :D

Well, I will be when Xabi declares his love for Liverpool....:(

I've a terrible feeling about the Alonso situation. Surely if he was staying this would be all put to bed by the Club & player - especially if they have had discussions. I didn't want him to go last summer & I certainly don't want him to go now.

I think if himself & Masch stay it will galvanise everyone at the club - like when Rafa signed on the dotted line towards the end of the season. Especially when you consider what's happened at United. One more signing then off we go in the race for number 19...but this time in the strongest position we have ever been in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I've a terrible feeling about the Alonso situation. Surely if he was staying this would be all put to bed by the Club & player

In fairness, he has said he wants to stay. And the club have said he is not for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gerrard inks his new contract, till 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Reading the reports today the Alonso situation is no clearer.

If he does leave, it leaves a fairly big sized gap in the team which is not unfillable but in the current situation of the lack of decent central midfielders available is certainly harder.

Maybe a swap deal involving Snjeider with Gerrard moving back to CM for some games, get in a 15m backup striker to cover Torres and let Lucas play 20 odd games in the centre.

Snjeider best position for me is behind 2 strikers where he picks up the pieces, he is also potent from the left so he could be a very handy addition to the team.

It's not the end of the world if Alonso leaves as there are options, I would be more concerned with Masch leaving as he is a vital part of the way Rafa sets up his stall.

Losing both would be a complete disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

rarnes1 wrote: »
    yeah missed it the first time around.

Insua would be my 1st choice this year anyway for LB.

I'm still unsure of Insua - he has potential, don't get me wrong, but I think he lacks experience, and is not as steady with the ball at his feet as Aurelio.

And Aurelio has a great left foot from dead ball situations.

I just wish he'd stop getting himself injured!!
    Losing both would be a complete disaster

Absolutely unthinkable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Liverpool FC sign French starlet Chris Mavinga from Paris St Germain
    Jul 8 2009 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo
    Comments (2)Recommend (1) 1 2 next
    Chris Mavinga
    LIVERPOOL are set to make their second summer signing after agreeing a deal to bring promising French left-back Chris Mavinga to Anfield.

The France under-18 international has been snapped up from Paris Saint Germain under the nose of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who was keen to take Mavinga to the Emirates.

Liverpool will have to pay PSG a compensation fee for the 18-year-old who was yet to sign a full contract with the French club.

Mavinga’s recruitment is timely with Fabio Aurelio set to miss the start of the season with a knee injury and Andrea Dossena likely to leave Anfield should Liverpool receive a suitable offer for his services.

Emiliano Insua underlined his promise last season but Benitez will be happy that the young Argentinian will face increased competition for his place when the new season gets under way.

With Glen Johnson already signed from Portsmouth in a club record deal for a defender, the Reds boss has clearly earmarked Liverpool’s full-back positions as areas which can be improved.

Johnson was today undertaking his first day of training as a Liverpool player as he and fellow England international Steven Gerrard joined in with their team mates at Melwood.

Benitez gave the England duo an extra few days holiday to allow them to recover from their excursions with the national team in early June.

Interesting from Tony Barrett. Maybe reading too much into it, but this seems to suggest Mavinga will be a first team squad player rather than going straight into the reserves. Perhaps similar to N'Gog last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Absolutely unthinkable.

I think the Mascherano situation maybe like Vidic. He'll use the interest to get his wages doubled at least.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Wenger was interested in this fella so hopefully that a good sign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wenger was interested in this fella so hopefully that a good sign!

Aye, he certainly has a good eye for an attacking full back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Insua is the best left back at the club as far as im concerned.

While he was winning the u-20 world cup with argentina (at centre back for much of it i might add) 2 summers ago his english counterparts (agbonlahor, milner et al) were getting plenty of first team action. There is no reason why age should be held against him.

Gary ablett said he wasnt ready for first team action last year (which was total bollox btw and perhaps its this kind of rubbish that has seen ablett out the door) and he comes in and has a great dozen games or so with only one obvious error (away at hull iirc).

I like his dynamism, hunger and desire. He loves surging forward with 'purpose', took plenty of pops at goal.........and i feel benitez would completely regret the purchase of dossena if aurelio wasnt so injury prone.

Another positive for insua imo is that his attributes mirror those of johnson and again, imo, would give us more balance collectively in offensive mode.

Folk in argentina compare insua to roberto ayala, not a bad accolade.

I like aurelio but im struggling to think of a 3/4 month period in his career with us where he hasnt contracted 'kewellitis'. Great when fit, but unfortunately he cannot be relied upon to stay fit. Its not a criticism but its frustrating to say the least.

K-9 wrote: »
    I think the Mascherano situation maybe like Vidic. He'll use the interest to get his wages doubled at least.

And deservedly so IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I love Insua, and there's way more to come from him. He's even more attacking than he showed last season, loves to cut inside and dribble. I think once his confidence gets higher we'll more of his skills.
    Needs to be sharper defensively though. I hope he got a telling off for his part in that Hull goal last season.

I love Insua, and there's way more to come from him. He's even more attacking than he showed last season, loves to cut inside and dribble. I think once his confidence gets higher we'll more of his skills.
    Needs to be sharper defensively though. I hope he got a telling off for his part in that Hull goal last season.

Its defensively that I'd worry about to be honest. Its all well and good being a Dossena - doesn't help if you can't tackle for sh1t though.

I think it will come for Insua, just needs a bit more game time - he's still young after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

JOHNSON: WHY I CHOSE LIVERPOOL

Glen Johnson today revealed how Liverpool's reputation in world football meant no other club could compete for his signature.
    The right-back was the subject of reported interest from other teams - but claims there was no contest once Rafa Benitez offered him the chance to join 'one of the biggest clubs in the world'.

"I had a spell at Chelsea before and there were good and bad times but when a club like Liverpool comes in for you it is not a hard decision," Johnson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"It's a fantastic club - one of the biggest in the world. It's got a great history and I wanted to be a part of that.

"The hairs on the back of your neck stand up when you come to Anfield and hear You'll Never Walk Alone even when you don't play for Liverpool, so I cannot begin to imagine how it is going to feel when I put the kit on for the first time."

Johnson will be unveiled to the world's media on Thursday afternoon where he will reveal how his top priority in a Liverpool shirt will be helping the club win a first league title since 1990.

"We've got some fantastic players and I wanted to come here and help Liverpool win the league," added the 24-year-old.

"The boys did fantastically well last year. Hopefully we can now get a few more points and steal it from Manchester United.

"We want to go as far as we can in every competition but all the lads want to win the Premier League and that would be a great start."

Johnson was voted the Premier League's best right-back by the PFA last term but the England man insists there is even more to come.

"I can definitely improve - every player can. I want to improve every aspect of my game," he said.

"Rafa has told me he wants more of the same form I showed last year, but he also wants me to improve. We will be working hard together to do that.

"I am here to do my best."

Johnson reported to training at Melwood for the first time on Wednesday where he was introduced to his new teammates.

"Yesterday was my first day and all the lads and staff made me feel really welcome, so it's good times," he said.

"I knew Stevie and Carra from before but yesterday I met about 60 players! I was shaking the same hands about four times introducing myself! It's a lot to take in at once, and obviously the lads were messing about and laughing about that. But everyone's made me feel really welcome and it's great to be here."

Johnson also revealed how he spoke with former Reds Peter Crouch and Jermaine Pennant - both of whom he played alongside at Portsmouth last term - before signing at Anfield.

"Peter and Jermaine said it's a fantastic club but they didn't need to say that - I knew. They told me I'd enjoy every minute of it," he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

The King Speaks :D

Nothing majorly new but does give more of an idea of what he'll be up to.

I especially like the bit about recruitment as Kenny was always well able to spot a player.
    KENNY RELISHING NEW DAWN
    James Carroll 09 July 2009

Kenny Dalglish is relishing his return to Liverpool Football Club and believes the Reds' Academy is on the verge of something 'special'.

The Kop legend's homecoming was confirmed last week with the 58-year-old assuming a senior role at the Academy and also acting as a club ambassador working with the commercial side of the business around the world.

Dalglish admits there were a few butterflies in his stomach as he began work on Monday morning.

He told LFC Magazine: "It's really, really exciting. I've arrived at Liverpool as a player, and I've been in the manager's office too, so this is my third new start at the football club.

"I felt exactly the same on Monday on my first day at the Academy as I did as a player or as a manager. I couldn't wait to get started and underway.

"I've missed it. Although I haven't been involved in football on a day-to-day basis for a long time, I've still spent all day every day talking about it. I very rarely talk about anything else.

"But at the end of the day talking was all I was doing. When something has played such a big part in your life like football has with me you miss not being around it every day.

"So I'm delighted to be back, and I'm very grateful to Rafa for bringing me on board.

"It's going to be special."

Dalglish's appointment is part of a summer overhaul at the Academy as an exciting new era begins in Kirkby.

Following recent changes, Academy director Frank McParland now reports to manager Rafael Benitez and Kenny will play a key role alongside Frank in driving forward the development of the Academy.

"The people joining the Academy bring fresh ideas and fresh impetus," said Dalglish.

"It's going to be a completely different way of looking at things and doing things.

"My own role will be much more focused on administration and recruitment, working closely with Frank McParland. I won't be on the pitches taking sessions too often but I'll be there watching and offering advice.

"We'll leave the training to the new coaches that Rafa has recruited because that's their area of expertise. From listening to Rafa and on the first introductions I've had with the Spanish guys we've got the best in the business.

"It's a fresh start from the bottom to the top at Kirkby and there's one man to thank for it - Rafael Benitez.

"He's been a fantastic supporter of the Academy. The easiest thing in the world for him to do would have been to say to himself that the health and well-being of the club's youth system wasn't his responsibility.

"He could have simply been content with concentrating all his energies and all his attention on the first team, but that's not the type of man he is.

"He wants this football club to be healthy from top to bottom. That's why he has pushed for these changes and made them happen."

He added: "We all report to the boss. He's the man in charge and he expects results. That's the task we face and the challenge we have to undertake.

"There's an awful lot of people pulling in the same direction at Liverpool. These changes and the support Rafa's had for implementing them show that this is a united club with a unity and purpose.

"If there are things that come along in the fullness of time which allow me to help the manager in any way, shape or form then he knows I'm happy to help in any way I can.

"This football club has always felt like home to me - and it's fabulous to be back.

"Hopefully I'm able to play a small part in a great beginning and a new dawn."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164974090709-0851.htm

Ryan Flynn off on a season long loan to Falkirk.

Obviously the staff felt he wasn't up to challenging for a first-team squad place this year. Pretty sure he's under contract until summer 2011, so I reckon this is a good move in terms of his development.

Only thing is I don't know if a return to Falkirk is the best move - might be too easy for him on a personal level.

Probably hear about a couple more similar loan moves over the next few weeks I'd imagine.
    Falkirk have completed the loan signing of Ryan Flynn from Liverpool.

As revealed by skysports.com earlier this week Falkirk have agreed a season-long loan deal for the highly-rated winger.

Liverpool, who signed Flynn from Falkirk in 2005, are willing to loan out the 20-year-old so that he can continue his development and get regular first-team action under his belt.

Bairns boss Eddie May was delighted to land Flynn for the new season.

"We have followed Ryan's career with great interest and Ross Wilson and I have been down to Liverpool on a number of occasions to watch him play," May told the club's official website.

"He has always been very highly regarded by the Liverpool people and I am delighted to bring him back to the club.

Flynn was happy to make the move back to Falkirk, turning down other options to return to Scotland in the process.

"I am over the moon to be coming back to Falkirk, I loved my time here in the academy and most of the lads are still here which is great," noted Flynn.

"There were a number of options for me but as soon as I spoke to Eddie and knew Falkirk were interested I couldn't wait to get here and get it all signed."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5422491,00.html

Aurelio out for a maximum of two months accourding to Rafa.

Given Dossena has no squad number on the offical site now, I wonder if Rafa might go ahead and sell him anyway?

Also pretty reassurring quote about Masch and Xabi :) Personally I think it's looking more and more unlikely that they will be sold as each day goes past.

"Both players are our players and we are really pleased with them," he said. "Both have two to three years on their contract so we don't need to do anything."
    Benitez calms Aurelio injury fear

Defender Fabio Aurelio could be out of action for as little as one month, Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has said.

Benitez confirmed the Brazilian had undergone cartilage surgery after damaging his knee on holiday.

"He was injured playing with his son and really disappointed because he was enjoying the summer," Benitez said.

"He had the operation - he has had a problem with his cartilage - so he will be one month, maximum two months, not six months like I see in the press."

The 29-year-old full back, who signed in July 2006 on a free transfer from Valencia, has become an established part of the Liverpool team, making 33 appearances in all competitions last season.

As well as brushing off speculation over the length of Aurelio's absence, Benitez dismissed rumours surrounding Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano.

The midfield duo have been linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona but Benitez said they remained Liverpool players.

"Both players are our players and we are really pleased with them," he said. "Both have two to three years on their contract so we don't need to do anything."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8142592.stm

good stuff.

tabloids get it wrong again !

• Advertisement

Good stuff, Insua, Aurelio and this new fella Chris Mavinga should be enough.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Given Dossena has no squad number on the offical site now, I wonder if Rafa might go ahead and sell him anyway?

Also pretty reassurring quote about Masch and Xabi :) Personally I think it's looking more and more unlikely that they will be sold as each day goes past.

I wouldn't say I was reassured by it. It says nothing different than has been said all summer. If it is inevitable that we lose one/both of them, then he is hardly going to come out now and say that he is resigned to losing them. Until I hear quotes far less ambiguous than those that have been said by Masch/Xabi I will be quite anxious about this.

This whole thing of "Yes, I am happy to be at Liverpool, but club XXX is also great, who knows what will happen this year or in the future" is a load of bollix imo.

Either say noting or say something proper.

Another quote
    "We signed them both from different situations. Alonso was coming from Real Sociedad and nobody had really heard much of him outside of Spain, he did well and we renewed his contract because of that.

"Mascherano came from West Ham where he had not been doing well. We brought him here and gave him a good contract, so we are very pleased with them both and that Liverpool has been very good to them."

In other words, be bloody glad we signed you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Its very true though.

Mascherano's career was pretty much saved by Liverpool when we signed him. Imagine what state he would have been in had he continued on the bench or used part time at West Ham...

And regarding Alonso, I personally had heard of him because I watch a lot of La Liga but I can tell you, not many people outside of Spain had heard of him before we signed him.

You can look at it anyway you like but in essence you can say they would not be where they are (captain of Argentina and Spain regular) had it not been for Rafa and Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This drama each summer our possible impending to loss an important player/s (Stevie, Stevie, Xabi, Xabi and or Masch) is a bit contrived imo.
    It's as if we at the end of the summer, we should all be happy and relieved to have maintaining the status quo rather than taking big steps forward transfer wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Johnson also revealed how he spoke with former Reds Peter Crouch and Jermaine Pennant - both of whom he played alongside at Portsmouth last term - before signing at Anfield.

"Peter and Jermaine said it's a fantastic club but they didn't need to say that - I knew. They told me I'd enjoy every minute of it," he said.

Yea whatever Jermaine

• Advertisement

Another quote

In other words, be bloody glad we signed you!

Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

A few interesting points in that benitez press confrence today. Mentioned how he tried to sign Barry this summer but couldnt compete with City so Gareth Barry IS a money grabbing pup.

Also asked is he interested in signing Villa. Didnt give a yes or no answer just a "at the minute im entirely focused on training" so that means we are definitely going to sign him soon. Cant wait :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So Ribery is 8/13 to join Liverpool on Skybet...

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoEvType&id=10003041

Unearthly wrote: »

WTF?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Wierd what's that about? Typo?

I wouldn't get our hopes up.

(On a side off-topic note does anyone think that John Terry to be at Chelsea in September at 1/3 is a great price?! Can't see him going anywhere to be honest.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Morzadec wrote: »
    Wierd what's that about? Typo?

I wouldn't get our hopes up.

(On a side off-topic note does anyone think that John Terry to be at Chelsea in September at 1/3 is a great price?! Can't see him going anywhere to be honest.)

hopes up :pac:

ye shouldnt even have hope

btw I do like the bet about villa staying at valencia 3/1 very good price
    i see him staying there

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

reason:
    Bayern Munich star odds-on to join Liverpool

Skybet this afternoon brought Franck Ribery in from 66/1 to 8/13 to join Liverpool.

The firm took a number of bets this afternoon after the French winger had last week ruled out a move to England.

Ribery's price was lowered and backed throughout the day before the Harrogate-based firm made the Bayern Munich player odds-on to join the Anfield club.

Skybet’s Dale Tempest said: "Every price we have put up has been taken on Ribery moving to Liverpool, which has left us stumped as in recent weeks he has been liked with every other club but the Reds!

"After seeing money for him to join Man United and Real Madrid at the same time that Bayern Munich say he’s going nowhere, we’ve now seen a flood of bets on him to join Liverpool.

"8/13 may seem a very short price but after the losses we made last week on Michael Owen, who was gambled down from 20/1 to move to Manchester United, we are taking no chances."

from sportinglife.com on their live transfer center section;
    1910: Some quite incredible news from Sky Bet, especially considering what we have been talking about for most of the afternoon - they have cut Franck Ribery from 66/1 to 8/13 to join Liverpool following an "astonishing gamble". In an "unprecedented hour of trading", the Reds went from massive outsiders to favourites to land the Bayern Munich winger.

anything for good advertising,it's like pp(think it was pp)paying out on utd for the pl a bit to early last season

do liverpool have 50m plus

Headshot wrote: »

do liverpool have 50m plus

If either Alonso or Masch is going, then yes.

But I wouldn't want Ribery for anything near that.
    Don't believe this in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

If you were cynical you'd say that they're revitalising a market which was going nowhere - forcing it back into the news, and increase betting.

@Headshot - Bookies don't pay out for purely PR purposes, it allows them to manage cash flow instead of taking a massive hit during a small period (ie - after the event). It also allows them to effectively close a market if they've already paid out on the winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Skybet are tight *****' It wont take a huge amount of money to get their odds down from 66/1 to 8/13 on so I won't read anything into that.

Edit: I just logged into skybet and the max bet I can have on Ribery joing Arsenal(which is 60/1) is £15 so it's not like skybet have taken a huge amount of money.

That is so ****ed up....I dont know what to think now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

From 66/1 to 8/13? Holy ****.

Don't buy the Ribery thing for a second.
    Most likely the bookmaker reacting defensively to someone having a punt.
    Bookie takes bet of £50 at 66/1 => bookie liable for £3,300
    Bookie slashes odds just in case.

Also the boy Torres is now officially the Daddy.:)
    Baby girl Nora born 10:30 yesterday apparently.
    Fingers crossed is doesn't disturb his sleep patterns too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Don't buy the Ribery thing for a second.
    Most likely the bookmaker reacting defensively to someone having a punt.
    Bookie takes bet of £50 at 66/1 => bookie liable for £3,300
    Bookie slashes odds just in case.

Also the boy Torres is now officially the Daddy.:)
    Baby girl Nora born 10:30 yesterday apparently.
    Fingers crossed is doesn't disturb his sleep patterns too much.

Good on Fernando for bucking the recent trend of ridiculous baby names.

EDIT I use to work in a bookies lads and trust me, it would take a lot to bring something down from 66/1 to 8/13. There would have to be a mountain of bets flooding in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    EDIT I use to work in a bookies lads and trust me, it would take a lot to bring something down from 66/1 to 8/13. There would have to be a mountain of bets flooding in.

In alot of markets thats true but in these kind of specialty markets its not.

Also supposedly they (Skybet) took a huge hit on the Owen transfer last week so they are bound to be overly cautious when they see any kind of money coming for something ridiculous like this.

Opr

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Good on Fernando for bucking the recent trend of ridiculous baby names.

How big would skybet's market on Ribery be though?

I just don't buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Liverpool have 20 million maybe.

Ribery ain't going to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

This has to be a publicity stunt, though Rafa did apparently say we're still in the market for one top player.

This has to be a publicity stunt, though Rafa did apparently say we're still in the market for one top player.

just wondering was that said before the madrid spending spree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I'd love it if we got Ribery but there is no chance of it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Headshot wrote: »
    just wondering was that said before the madrid spending spree?

No he said it on today AFAIK, it was on SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Ribery to us is a really strange one, i don't buy it for a minute but it provides a little bit of excitement to break up the monotony anyway.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Liverpool have 20 million maybe.

Ribery ain't going to Liverpool.

So If Alonso/Masch is sold for £30-35 mill, you don't think that Liverpool could afford Ribery?

Or if both are sold, you don't think that the £60-70 mill, plus the orignal estimate of £20 mill you just gave, would be enough to buy Ribery?

I don't for one second think that Liverpool are going for Ribery, that Ribery is worth £50 mill, or that Rafa would spend £50 mill on anyone.

But in football stranger things have happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement