Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

If Rafa has 50m I want Aguero. Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

A friend tells me betting is now suspended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

After his little rant today about the crazy money being spent on players, this Ribery story has got to be complete nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    A friend tells me betting is now suspended?

indeed, all their football specials have been suspended, which doesn't make sense if all they wanted was publicity and to get people looking at their specials...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    indeed, all their football specials have been suspended, which doesn't make sense if all they wanted was publicity and to get people looking at their specials...

if its anything like pp

they close those specials for the night time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If Rafa has £50m in the warchest, can I has David Villa?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Headshot wrote: »
    just wondering was that said before the madrid spending spree?

He said it after confirming the Johnson transfer. He said Liverpool could afford to sign one more player without having to sell

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5397288,00.html

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He said it after confirming the Johnson transfer. He said Liverpool could afford to sign one more player without having to sell

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5397288,00.html

boggles is probably right then

around 20m left

and the way the market is you'll be doing well to get a top player for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

boggles is probably right then

around 20m left

and the way the market is you'll be doing well to get a top player for that

If our transfer budget is £20 mill, I'll be over the moon.
    Cause that would mean that both Xabi and Masch are staying.
    I'd prefer them two staying and us getting a £20 mill player, than either going and us getting Ribery or Villa, any day of the week.

Anyway..........£20 mill + Dossena going home = David Silva.

Sorted.

if its anything like pp

they close those specials for the night time

makes sense, so people aren't needed to be watching it all night in case any news came through and the odds needed to be slashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

BBC saying pennants gone to zaragoza but cant see anything to back it up. It true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This should hopefully save you some thought and talk. Ribery will not be going to Liverpool. Hope that helps.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    This should hopefully save you some thought and talk. Ribery will not be going to Liverpool. Hope that helps.

2417466148_dd2898b143.jpg

NoelJ wrote: »
    BBC saying pennants gone to zaragoza but cant see anything to back it up. It true?

Yeah its up on Skysports site

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5423399,00.html

its just another one of our talented players plucked up by them Spaniards :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Confirmation of JP's move to Real Zaragoza.

I'm sure the Real Zaragoza fans will love the classification of Zaragoza as not an important team. Well played Jermaine well played:p
    Jermaine Pennant joins Real Zaragoza
    • Former Liverpool winger heads to La Liga
    • 'I had offers from important teams but joined Zaragoza'
    guardian.co.uk, Thursday 9 July 2009 21.58 BST

Jermaine Pennant has joined Real Zaragoza. Photograph: Clint Hughes/PA

Real Zaragoza have completed the signing of Jermaine Pennant after his release by Liverpool. The former Arsenal youngster passed a medical with the Spanish club today and will join their bid for survival next season after being promoted back to the Primera Division.

The 26-year-old becomes Zaragoza's first signing of the summer and joins on a free transfer after agreeing a three-year deal.

"I wanted to come to Spain and I had offers from important teams in Europe but joined Real Zaragoza," said Pennant. "I really want to get started and do well in the league."

Pennant spent time on loan at Portsmouth last season after being frozen out at Anfield. The former England Under-21 winger impressed for Liverpool in the 2007 Champions League final defeat by AC Milan but found opportunities increasingly limited from then on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/09/jermaine-pennant-real-zaragoza-liverpool

If our transfer budget is £20 mill, I'll be over the moon.
    Cause that would mean that both Xabi and Masch are staying.
    I'd prefer them two staying and us getting a £20 mill player, than either going and us getting Ribery or Villa, any day of the week.

Anyway..........£20 mill + Dossena going home = David Silva.

Sorted.

Don't forget the couple of million from the Leto sale, around £3M and we will more or less be saying goodbye to charlie itanjde??? or however you spell his name, so thats another couple of quid for Rafa's war chest

And who says we only have £20 million....could be more. We still have the money we didn't pay for Robbie Keane, unless the G.J fee was paid for by that

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Just making way for ribery obviously :pac:

Pennant Leaving, Ribery Joining?

// waits for Keely Hazel to walk in wearing a bikini

good move for pennant though i think. Could see the spanish league suiting him. Probably a nicer change then joining another mid table club. Would be surprised if he's there more then 2 years though.

With all "our" efforts concentrated on David Villa, could it be possible for Rafa to make a bid for Samuel Eto'o?

Just wondering cos he's apparently gone AWOL at Barça again.

Laporta wants to talk about their offer of a contract extension and Eto'o isn't answering his phone, or something like that.

If he turned down Citeh, would he consider the possibility of joining a team that might actually win something?

Or more importantly do you think he would be a good signing considering his bad boy image, or would Rafa turn him around?

And the image of Torres and Eto'o up front would be some sight and would absolutely terrorise defences across Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Don't want Eto'o, Aguero or Villa....

well obviously, i'd be happy if we got them cause they are great players, but if we have money to spend on a big name, i'd prefer it be Ribery or Silva.

Gerrard/Torres is too good to break up imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Pennant Leaving, Ribery Joining?

// waits for Keely Hazel to walk in not wearing a bikini

FYP

Opr

The question of Eto'o is where do you play him though. He's wasted if he's not in Torres exact position

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The question of Eto'o is where do you play him though. He's wasted if he's not in Torres exact position

That's not entirely true.

For Barça he is devastating across their front three.

And has scored from all three positions.

With all "our" efforts concentrated on David Villa, could it be possible for Rafa to make a bid for Samuel Eto'o?

Just wondering cos he's apparently gone AWOL at Barça again.

Laporta wants to talk about their offer of a contract extension and Eto'o isn't answering his phone, or something like that.

If he turned down Citeh, would he consider the possibility of joining a team that might actually win something?

Or more importantly do you think he would be a good signing considering his bad boy image, or would Rafa turn him around?

And the image of Torres and Eto'o up front would be some sight and would absolutely terrorise defences across Europe.

His wages would be massive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thats the thing, United have the same problem.

Both sides are looking at wingers, but its mostly strikers available.

true his wages would be a bit... seeing as S. Gerrard apparently signed his new contract for £120,000.

But I am really in dreamland now or just completely sleep deprived because I've come up with an ingenious idea...

Get all Liverpool fans across the globe to give a couple quid, say £5 for argument sake.

Now bear with me, if we added it all up it would surely be somewhere in the region of £150 Million, probably more. Why don't we put that money towards buying out Lionel Messi's contract???

It's only reportedly worth £140 million at the moment with Barça trying to raise it to £180 million or so to try and put off Man City.

People call me crazy, I call myself a dreamer

That's not entirely true.

For Barça he is devastating across their front three.

And has scored from all three positions.

i've watched him on a regular basis for about 4 years, he took on the mantle of my favourite player to watch after Ronaldo started wilting.

Yes he's still better then most from wide, but he's a completely different animal in the center. Even if he can do a job out wide, imo its an absolute waste to not play him where he is at the very pinnacle or world football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You're not the only one! \o/

• Advertisement

true his wages would be a bit... seeing as S. Gerrard apparently signed his new contract for £120,000.

But I am really in dreamland now or just completely sleep deprived because I've come up with an ingenious idea...

Get all Liverpool fans across the globe to give a couple quid, say £5 for argument sake.

Now bear with me, if we added it all up it would surely be somewhere in the region of £150 Million, probably more. Why don't we put that money towards buying out Lionel Messi's contract???

It's only reportedly worth £140 million at the moment with Barça trying to raise it to £180 million or so to try and put off Man City.

I get the feeling that once we'd bought out the contract, and gotten permission to speak to Messi, he'd simply say "No thanks". :(

A man can still dream that one day his little feet will grace the Anfield turf while wearing the Liverpool jersey with NO.7 on his back, cos he is very similar to a player that used to wear that number for us.

That wee Scot, can't for the life of me think of what his name is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Go to bed ffs.;)

On the Ribery thing, perhaps Rafa has some dirt and we can get him cheap, or perhaps it's his childhood dream to work with king Kenny and Rafa's always known this?
    I'd ask for some more straws but my hands are full.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

A man can still dream that one day his little feet will grace the Anfield turf while wearing the Liverpool jersey with NO.7 on his back, cos he is very similar to a player that used to wear that number for us.

That wee Scot, can't for the life of me think of what his name is....

Busby?

:p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Odds on Franck Ribery moving to Liverpool have dropped to 8/13 from 66/1 after a flurry of bets on Thursday.

The French winger appears to want to leave Bayern Munich, with several clubs reportedly interested, including Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid.

There have been confusing signals coming from Bayern, with some club officials vehemently claiming he will not be sold, and if so only for a world record fee, but Franz Beckenbauer has suggested that the player should be allowed to leave.

It's doubtful that Liverpool will be able to find the money for such a move, but in what bookmakers described as an 'unprecedented hour of trading' he was backed down from 66/1 to 8/13.

Sky Bet's Dale Tempest said: "Every price we have put up has been taken on Ribéry moving to Liverpool, which has left us stumped as in recent weeks he has been liked with every other club but the Reds!

"After seeing money for him to join Man United and Real Madrid at the same time that Bayern Munich say he's going nowhere, we've now seen a flood of bets on him to join Liverpool.

"8/13 may seem a very short price but after the losses we made last week on Michael Owen, who was gambled down from 20/1 to move to Manchester United, we are taking no chances."

Owen dropped from 20/1 to evens in a single afternoon - the afternoon before Manchester United confirmed his signing.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i really REALLY hope this isn't true.

Ribery would be a massive player for liverpool. championship winning if they aren't selling Alonso/Mascherano to fund it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

No hope! Bayern will only sell for silly money, which we won't spend. This is just one bookies covering their ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Dickerty wrote: »
    No hope! Bayern will only sell for silly money, which we won't spend. This is just one bookies covering their ass.

Yeah no chance we can afford what Bayern are looking for! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

If they didnt think it was possible they wouldnt cut the odds to attract in more bets.

They must give it a realistic chance of happening.

Seems unlikely but should it come through it would be HUGE for Liverpool.

If they hold onto Alonso and Mascherano then they'll be serious contenders

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I am not saying that we are going to sign him or anything....but......do we actually know how much money there is available to spend?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I am not saying that we are going to sign him or anything....but......do we actually know how much money there is available to spend?

How many boards posters do you think is actually involved in the running of the club~??

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    If they didnt think it was possible they wouldnt cut the odds to attract in more bets.

They must give it a realistic chance of happening.

Seems unlikely but should it come through it would be HUGE for Liverpool.

If they hold onto Alonso and Mascherano then they'll be serious contenders
    Someone doesnt bet at all or much, am i right? Go back a page or 2 and you'll see

How many boards posters do you think is actually involved in the running of the club~??

the comment was more directed at the previous posts on this thread that Liverpool can not afford this that and the other, when we actually ddont know

And he wouldn't be worth it. For me, Messi is the only player (who has not already moved this summer) worth £60M or more...

the comment was more directed at the previous posts on this thread that Liverpool can not afford this that and the other, when we actually ddont know

True, but we know that Rafa is big on value for money, and only yesterday complained after the money market, so I cannot see him spending that sort of money on one player. Maybe that rant was after a phone call to Germany...

It probably only took £100 or so for the odds to come down from 66/1 to 8/13

True, but we know that Rafa is big on value for money, and only yesterday complained after the money market, so I cannot see him spending that sort of money on one player. Maybe that rant was after a phone call to Germany...

maybe he did call them and there where some discrepencies in what was said and what was understood :D

Someone doesnt bet at all or much, am i right? Go back a page or 2 and you'll see

I'd say now your only searching for hope that Ribery joining Liverpool cannot be true. Surely Fergie would have snapped him up to replace Ronaldo?

Bookies are there to make money not give it away. They wont leave themselves open to possible bankruptcy by allowing betting to continue on something they thought had a feasible chance of happening. If they thought it was impossible they would allow betting to continue even at reduced odds in the hope of attracting in increased revenue for themselves.

People dont have a clue and if this transfer happens then Benitez has been playing the poor mouth all along. Ribery would be a fantastic signing ala Torres but only if Alonso and Mascherano remain at Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'd say now your only searching for hope that Ribery joining Liverpool cannot be true. Surely Fergie would have snapped him up to replace Ronaldo?

Bookies are there to make money not give it away. They wont leave themselves open to possible bankruptcy by allowing betting to continue on something they thought had a feasible chance of happening. If they thought it was impossible they would allow betting to continue even at reduced odds in the hope of attracting in increased revenue for themselves.

People dont have a clue and if this transfer happens then Benitez has been playing the poor mouth all along. Ribery would be a fantastic signing ala Torres but only if Alonso and Mascherano remain at Anfield

I'll just leave this here...
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »

So i take you dont bet go back a page or 2 and look at zabbo's post and yes they have reduced the odds,its not closed,only closes for the night time

I have to give credit to skybet,great thinking,amount of PR there getting is pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

this after spending 18M on am over rated English full back :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement