Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

spockety wrote: »
    Whether it would do it for Rafa or not I have no idea, but it would reluctantly do it for me.

:(

Me too, Rafa would do a lot with that sort of money. And I expect more from Lucas this year, he continues to show more willingness to get forward as the season progressed. If he could improve his finishing, he could be a very useful asset, especially if we sign someone from abroad who would need settling time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Dickerty wrote: »
    Me too, Rafa would do a lot with that sort of money. And I expect more from Lucas this year, he continues to show more willingness to get forward as the season progressed. If he could improve his finishing, he could be a very useful asset, especially if we sign someone from abroad who would need settling time.

Lucas is sh1t, he's the most ridiculed player in the prem, he's muck and everyone can see except Rafa.
    Worst brazilian ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

shotamoose wrote: »
    More from the BBC

Hilarious considering the quote I posted from his agent yesterday!!

As I stated then "and the Panto starts.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lucas is sh1t, he's the most ridiculed player in the prem, he's muck and everyone can see except Rafa.
    Worst brazilian ever!

most ridiculed, possibly (though probably not), largely by idiots and parrots though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Worst brazilian ever!

Come on now the season hasn't even started..I'll not call you a name as I don't need the grief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Worst brazilian ever!

oh god wat an embarrasing post :rolleyes:

Mr Alan wrote: »
    oh god wat an embarrasing post :rolleyes:

Not as embarrassing as having a player like Lucas in our squad.

Come on now the season hasn't even started..I'll not call you a name as I don't need the grief

I saw enough last season.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    most ridiculed, possibly (though probably not), largely by idiots and parrots though.

By Liverpools own fans that go to anfield week in week out.
    That says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

shotamoose wrote: »
    More from the BBC

Seen a lot of stories today about the Madrid bid for Alonso. One story rans with £22 million plus Sneijder. Benitez would then use the cash to bring David Silva. If Liverpool got Aquilani also for £16 million then I think that would be an exceptional summers transfers for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

SSN also confirming the Aquilani news
    Roma are willing to consider offers for Italian playmaker Alberto Aquilani, who is reported to be on the radar of Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd recommend talk of trolling end here and now.

That says it all really

Yes as is Kuyt, Babel and many others. You'd wanna support the players at Liverpool instead of abusing them - especially the one's in their early 20's. Everyone could see Lucas got better as the season went on. The game he got a bad reaction from the fan's was a 0-0 draw with Fulham where he was made scape goat when their was alot worse on the field. This will be a de-fining season for the lad - hopefully he'll make people like you eat their words

Yes as is Kuyt, Babel and many others. You'd wanna support the players at Liverpool instead of abusing them - especially the one's in their early 20's. Everyone could see Lucas got better as the season went on. The game he got a bad reaction from the fan's was a 0-0 draw with Fulham where he was made scape goat when their was alot worse on the field. This will be a de-fining season for the lad - hopefully he'll make people like you eat their words

I thought Lucas Played well in a lot of games particularly at OT. People love scapegoats though

I think you'll be eating your words.

Got better as the season went on? thats not good enough for liverpool football club, he would wouldnt even get a job as a cleaner at Man Utd or Chelsea, yet we're waiting to see if he gets better.
    He f*cked up constantly last season, and if ya love the team as much as i do, this is highly frustrating. he's not good enough and wont ever be.

slingerz wrote: »
    I thought Lucas Played well in a lot of games particularly at OT. People love scapegoats though

When you say well though, do you mean average. we should have players like Torres, Gerrard, Alonso, not Lucas, he comes nowhere near their standard!

he would wouldnt even get a job as a cleaner at Man Utd or Chelsea.

Maybe you should apply for those jobs because yer not much of a pundit. (Old Trafford springs to mind - remember with Lucas in the middle. Cleaner how do)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

When you say well though, do you mean average. we should have players like Torres, Gerrard, Alonso, not Lucas, he comes nowhere near their standard!

This is probably reflected in the fact that he's rarely in the starting 11.

What exactly is your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

In an ideal world we would have world class players 1-11 and another 7 or 8 to warm the bench. If we had a couple of hundred million to spend Lucas probably would be on the way out but we don't so if Rafa doesn't think he can find a better player to provide cover, which is still Lucas' main role, for less money then Lucas is part of the squad like it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So now Lucas, the most ridiculed player in league and the worst Brazilian ever, is average.. Something about that doesn't add up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I fear Fink is of the Sky Sport generation, if so he may be a lost cause :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i think its mental mickey in disguise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Lucas actually played a fair bit last season, about the same amount as that Roma fella Liverpool are linked with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Boggles wrote: »
    Lucas actually played a fair bit last season, about the same amount as that Roma fella Liverpool are linked with.

Was that Roma fella that Liverpool are linked with not injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Worst brazilian ever!

wasn't that aurelio, eamon??

oh yeah forgot he marked c.ronaldo out of the game and isn't the worst now ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Boggles wrote: »

He had 20 starts last season across the league, FA Cup, Carling Cup, and Champions League.

As I said, he is not a guaranteed starting 11 player, which I believe reflects his current standard of quality vs that of Torres, Gerrard, and Alonso, the players which the poster brought up.

He had 20 starts last season across the league, FA Cup, Carling Cup, and Champions League.

As I said, he is not a guaranteed starting 11 player, which I believe reflects his current standard of quality vs that of Torres, Gerrard, and Alonso, the players which the poster brought up.

Out of that group, Alonso is the only comparison, as he plays midfield.

IMO I'd play Spearing ahead of him in the pecking order....

**awaits boardsies bashing**

Worst brazilian ever!

C'mon, you can troll better than that.
    Not as embarrassing as having a player like Lucas in our squad.

Or as embarressing as people pretending to be Liverpool fans but don't actually know what the fcuk is going on at the club.
    I think you'll be eating your words.

Got better as the season went on? thats not good enough for liverpool football club, he would wouldnt even get a job as a cleaner at Man Utd or Chelsea, yet we're waiting to see if he gets better.
    He f*cked up constantly last season, and if ya love the team as much as i do, this is highly frustrating. he's not good enough and wont ever be.

I seem to remember him having a great game at old trafford ;)
    That says it all really

I have a feeling you might fall into the category of "fans" who boo their own players. Just a gut feeling I have :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Out of that group, Alonso is the only comparison, as he plays midfield.

IMO I'd play Spearing ahead of him in the pecking order....

**awaits boardsies bashing**

Lucas is a totally different standard to Spearing.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »

Yeah, but in fairness it was against vastly inferior opposition ;)
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    Lucas is a totally different standard to Spearing.

Couldn't agree more :)

Maybe you should apply for those jobs because yer not much of a pundit. (Old Trafford springs to mind - remember with Lucas in the middle. Cleaner how do)

Plenty of pundits agree with me.
    So answer me this, do you think Lucas is up to the standard of Gerrard Alonso and Torres???

What exactly is your point?

My point is he should never get into the starting 11, my point was thats he's muck, but a few people here dont agree.

Daemonic wrote: »
    In an ideal world we would have world class players 1-11 and another 7 or 8 to warm the bench. If we had a couple of hundred million to spend Lucas probably would be on the way out but we don't so if Rafa doesn't think he can find a better player to provide cover, which is still Lucas' main role, for less money then Lucas is part of the squad like it or not.

Not would be the answer! So you agree he's not up to LFC standard!

mike65 wrote: »
    I fear Fink is of the Sky Sport generation, if so he may be a lost cause :)

and what generation would you be, considering that sky sports has been running for 19 years now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So answer me this, do you think Lucas is up to the standard of Gerrard Alonso and Torres???

Thats a stupid stupid question. Nobody is claiming he is. The world isn't black and white, fantastic or rubbish.

Of course he's not, he was bought as a prospect, a young player to blood who would improve year on year. If he was at that standard, he wouldn't have cost 5million. I Gurantee if we sold right now we'd make a profit on him. But that would be daft as he has consistently shown improvement and is still far far away from his peak years.

Every team needs to have stars and understudies. Lucas is an understudy, and a good one at that.

• Advertisement

C'mon, you can troll better than that.

Or as embarressing as people pretending to be Liverpool fans but don't actually know what the fcuk is going on at the club.

I have a feeling you might fall into the category of "fans" who boo their own players. Just a gut feeling I have :cool:

You were told not to mention trolling. Just because you dont like my opinion doesnt mean i am one. very mature response, can you not have a debate without having to call someone a troll.

I'm a season ticket holder, so bite me!!!

You mention one game, wow yeh we should deffo keep him or sell him for 40 mill since he had one good game LOL

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Thats a stupid stupid question. Nobody is claiming he is. The world isn't black and white, fantastic or rubbish.

Of course he's not, he was bought as a prospect, a young player to blood who would improve year on year. If he was at that standard, he wouldn't have cost 5million. I Gurantee if we sold right now we'd make a profit on him. But that would be daft as he has consistently shown improvement and is still far far away from his peak years.

Every team needs to have stars and understudies. Lucas is an understudy, and a good one at that.

Then play him in reserves, or send him off to another club on loan where he can get experience but dont ever put him in the starting 11.

You were told not to mention trolling. Just because you dont like my opinion doesnt mean i am one. very mature response, can you not have a debate without having to call someone a troll.

You mention one game, wow yeh we should deffo keep him or sell him for 40 mill since he had one good game LOL

How big is Anfield? Liverpool must have 2,000,000,000,000,000 season ticket holders if we believe every claim like yours.

You'd attempt to make a more valid point if a) you didn't include only 3 players b) you selected only midfielders c)There are very few players up to the standard of Gerrard, Torres & Alonso D) you never mentioned Masch. Shame on you.

I'd like to see how good G,T, A & M would be if it weren't for the other 7 players alongside them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

stupid question, was john o shea up to the standard of c.ronaldo for the last 3 seasons?? no but he played most games and played a role in the team

was Frank Leboeuf or Fabien Barthez up to the standard of Zinedine Zidane in the 1998 World cup?? no but without them zidane could not have won the world cup on his own

• Advertisement

apologies for the troll comment.

Season ticket holder? Pics or it's not true :P

slingerz wrote: »
    How big is Anfield? Liverpool must have 2,000,000,000,000,000 season ticket holders if we believe every claim like yours.

Is someone jealous? :D

You'd attempt to make a more valid point if a) you didn't include only 3 players b) you selected only midfielders c)There are very few players up to the standard of Gerrard, Torres & Alonso D) you never mentioned Masch. Shame on you.

I'd like to see how good G,T, A & M would be if it weren't for the other 7 players alongside them.

a) These 3 are the calibur of players that should be playing for LFC.
    b) Talking about the calibur of player, where they play is irrelevant to my point
    c)I could name a few.
    d)Masch was up and down this season

apologies for the troll comment.

Season ticket holder? Pics or it's not true :P

Apology accepted!

rossie1977 wrote: »
    stupid question, was john o shea up to the standard of c.ronaldo for the last 3 seasons?? no but he played most games and played a role in the team

was Frank Leboeuf or Fabien Barthez up to the standard of Zinedine Zidane in the 1998 World cup?? no but without them zidane could not have won the world cup on his own

They didnt have a Lucas on their team lucky for them!

John O'Shea played a role yeh, he's a decent player. Lucas wouldnt get onto the united team.

a) These 3 are the calibur of players that should be playing for LFC.
    b) Talking about the calibur of player, where they play is irrelevant to my point
    c)I could name a few. I already said there were a few :rolleyes:
    d)Masch was up and down this season

Masch was excellent this year. Gerrard and Torres pretty much missed half the campaign.

Please explain your reasoning?

While I sort of agree to an extent on the fact that Lucas isn't quite up to scratch, your comparisons are a bit silly.

Of course their position is relevant. Would you not have included Reina in that then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

rossie1977 wrote: »

I think that's a great point to be honest. Every good team has it's weaker players. Look even into GAA, Galway won the 1998 football all Ireland with possibly the worst center half and captain (Ray Silke) that ever won an all Ireland so I think that's a good point.

Masch was excellent this year. Gerrard and Torres pretty much missed half the campaign.

Please explain your reasoning?

While I sort of agree to an extent on the fact that Lucas isn't quite up to scratch, your comparisons are a bit silly.

Of course their position is relevant. Would you not have included Reina in that then?

Yeh i would include Reina.
    At least you admit Lucas isnt up to scratch, thats my point!

I think Masch's passing was a bit off in a lot of games, as i said he was up and down. he admitted himself he wasnt up to his best but was gettin better as the campaign went on.

Sunset V wrote: »
    I think that's a great point to be honest. Every good team has it's weaker players. Look even into GAA, Galway won the 1998 football all Ireland with possibly the worst center half and captain (Ray Silke) that ever won an all Ireland so I think that's a good point.

Surely you didn't have to go back 11 years to pull up an example of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Surely you didn't have to go back 11 years to pull up an example of that!

Didn't I guess but the weakness was just underscored by the fact he was captain!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement