Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

Sunset V wrote: »
    I think that's a great point to be honest. Every good team has it's weaker players. Look even into GAA, Galway won the 1998 football all Ireland with possibly the worst center half and captain (Ray Silke) that ever won an all Ireland so I think that's a good point.

Foreign game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

You were told not to mention trolling. Just because you dont like my opinion doesnt mean i am one. very mature response, can you not have a debate without having to call someone a troll.

I'm a season ticket holder, so bite me!!!

You mention one game, wow yeh we should deffo keep him or sell him for 40 mill since he had one good game LOL

:):):)

what has that got to do with anything?

just cos you go to games, doesnt mean you're an expert on judging a player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm suddenly hoping Lucas has a blinder of a season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Its not realistic to say the calibur of player at liverpool should all be gerrard and torres standard. its just not feasible. We'd all like it, but its an impossibility while the club is on a different level financially to clubs who can afford to aim for this. And even at that, no team in the world has 22 Torres and Gerrard standard players, and no team ever will.

Lucas had more good games then bad last season. He's a pretty safe option 99% of the time, and indeed his biggest failing has been playing TOO safe, rather then taking more risks bringing the ball forward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

event wrote: »
    :):):)

what has that got to do with anything?

just cos you go to games, doesnt mean you're an expert on judging a player!

Eh i was called a 'fan' insinuating that i wasnt one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Not would be the answer!
    eh????
    So you agree he's not up to LFC standard!
    No, I agree he isn't up to the standard of Alonso, Gerrard etc. but who is that we can afford without selling one of our current world class players?
    If there's anyone on that list let Rafa know please.

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm suddenly hoping Lucas has a blinder of a season...

More of a chance of Michael Jackson playing the 02 in London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

A tad unnecessary to disrespect the dead just because you don't like a player surely?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Its not realistic to say the calibur of player at liverpool should all be gerrard and torres standard. its just not feasible. We'd all like it, but its an impossibility while the club is on a different level financially to clubs who can afford to aim for this. And even at that, no team in the world has 22 Torres and Gerrard standard players, and no team ever will.

Lucas had more good games then bad last season. He's a pretty safe option 99% of the time, and indeed his biggest failing has been playing TOO safe, rather then taking more risks bringing the ball forward.

Should have gone to specsavers!!!

• Advertisement

A tad unnecessary to disrespect the dead just because you don't like a player surely?

Its a joke, lighten up a bit!

Its a joke, lighten up a bit!

No.

Daemonic wrote: »
    eh????

No, I agree he isn't up to the standard of Alonso, Gerrard etc. but who is that we can afford without selling one of our current world class players?
    If there's anyone on that list let Rafa know please.

So you;re sayig there's noone else that we could afford that would be better than Lucas?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

No, you see Jackson is dead. So it's in fact 100% more likely that Lucas can have a good season. If you don't make idiotic comments the whole time, then people probably would be less inclined to believe it's what you are.

Lucas is young and started to come on last season. He showed that he isn't really a Mach replacement since tackling isn't his greatest skill. He's somewhere between Alonso and Masch and has great potential. Rafa has stuck with him because he can see this.

This time last year people were giving Alonso the same kind of abuse after a poor season and look what happened there.

No.

Stay serious then, because thats more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

Is someone jealous? :D

Why sure I'm a season ticket holder at Anfield too?

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    No, you see Jackson is dead. So it's in fact 100% more likely that Lucas can have a good season. If you don't make idiotic comments the whole time, then people probably would be less inclined to believe it's what you are.

Lucas is young and started to come on last season. He showed that he isn't really a Mach replacement since tackling isn't his greatest skill. He's somewhere between Alonso and Masch and has great potential. Rafa has stuck with him because he can see this.

This time last year people were giving Alonso the same kind of abuse after a poor season and look what happened there.

Right so there's a snowballs chance in hell of Lucas having a great season, is that better.
    Oh god such serious heads!
    Idiotic comments, no need to get insulting, its a joke for gods sake.

Tackiling isnt his greatest skill, neither is passing or shooting, so what is his skill then? being part of the team because we have noone else??

Potential in a lower league maybe but he's not a premiership player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Should have gone to specsavers!!!

So he was voted Brazilian player of the year, Rafa Benitez (who has won the CL, Uefa Cup, La Liga) rates him. Dunga (who knows a thing or two about midfielders i think) rates him.

But no, he's definitely the worst Brazilian of all time.

I'm going mad Ted

Right so there's a snowballs chance in hell of Lucas having a great season, is that better.
    Oh god such serious heads!
    Idiotic comments, no need to get insulting, its a joke for gods sake.

Tackiling isnt his greatest skill, neither is passing or shooting, so what is his skill then? being part of the team because we have noone else??

Potential in a lower league maybe but he's not a premiership player.

no tackling isn't his best attribute. But he's pretty good in almost all departments. He can pass pretty well, is intelligent, very good in the air and extremely hard working and honest.
    He's not in the team because we've no one else. We have Spearing and Plessis. It's just that neither are 50% the player he is.

slingerz wrote: »
    Why sure I'm a season ticket holder at Anfield too?

Liverpool must have 2,000,000,000,000,000 season ticket holders if we believe every claim like yours.

• Advertisement

Is this After Hours? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fink Goddie, you really support Mnachester Utd don't you? Go on you can tell us.

no tackling isn't his best attribute. But he's pretty good in almost all departments. He can pass pretty well, is intelligent, very good in the air and extremely hard working and honest.
    He's not in the team because we've no one else. We have Spearing and Plessis. It's just that neither are 50% the player he is.

He'd wanna be more than pretty good for the wages he's on.
    How is he honest???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

must say, had no time for lucas until the run-in last season, thought he came on in leaps towards the end of the year, and if he can keep improving next season he could be 'like a new signing', as they say.

now over to fink for the next three posts...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I can't understand the emphasis being placed on Lucas.

It has already been shown that he starts a lot less games than our main midfielders.

He's not our first choice central midfielder, why see him as a barrier to success?

thebhoy wrote: »
    must say, had no time for lucas until the run-in last season, thought he came on in leaps towards the end of the year, and if he can keep improving next season he could be 'like a new signing', as they say.

now over to fink for the next three posts...

Well it would be rude not to answer people when they ask me questions wouldnt it!

spockety wrote: »

It has already been shown that he starts a lot less games than our main midfielders.

He's not our first choice central midfielder, why see him as a barrier to success?

small mindedness maybe....

He'd wanna be more than pretty good for the wages he's on.
    How is he honest???

He's honest because he gives f*cking 100% every time he pulls on the shirt. Despite the fact that idiots in the crowd are constantly blaming him for all the teams failings. Are you claiming he's not honest?
    Were you at the Fulham game out of interest? Did you boo him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Why the flying f*ck is sh*te like this allowed to go on so long. Christ.

thebhoy wrote: »
    small mindedness maybe....

When ya have replacements like Ngog and Lucas how can ya win the league.
    Look at the replacements united had last season, their bench was so much stronger than ours.

Oh but its ok because Voronin is coming back................ please :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

He's honest because he gives f*cking 100% every time he pulls on the shirt. Despite the fact that idiots in the crowd are constantly blaming him for all the teams failings. Are you claiming he's not honest?

Id say he's more of an F'n at the telly sort of guy that ya come across that get's on everyone's nerves

PiE wrote: »

Can you not handle a debate?

+1 million

mike65 wrote: »
    Fink Goddie, you really support Mnachester Utd don't you? Go on you can tell us.
    Stevie G and Torres!
    And victor Valdes because he's hotttttt!

would like to go on the p1ss with Amy winehouse & Colin Farrell
    Victor Valdes the barcelona goalkeeper
    CHECK THIS PIC OUT!!! HOTTTTTTTTT

I'd say it's toss-up between Liverpool and Barca, eh Fink?

Should that not just be expected, with the money he's on and the fact that he gets to play for Liverpool even though he's nowhere near good enough to, damn right he should give 100% and even thats not good enough.
    Never booed him, but i understand people that do.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd say it's toss-up between Liverpool and Barca, eh Fink?

haha thats a bit sad that you went through all my posts :pac::pac:
    Do i have a stalker.

Your point is??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

When ya have replacements like Ngog and Lucas how can ya win the league.
    Look at the replacements united had last season, their bench was so much stronger than ours.

Oh but its ok because Voronin is coming back................ please :rolleyes:

OK Lucas is crap and he'll never ever, ever improve.

That better.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Maybe cause people keep replying to him ?
    Can you not handle a debate?

Its not a debate when you just keep making the same point over and over.

Opr

K-9 wrote: »
    OK Lucas is crap and he'll never ever, ever improve.

That better.

Glad you agree with me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

spockety wrote: »

couple of years ago, united fans ridiculed fletcher and oshea

fergie kept faith as he probably knows more than the average fan about football.

rafa is the same, i think he knows what he's talking about.
    in a couple of years, lucas will probably be the same sort of player. not world class, but a good squad player for a top 4 club, or a starter for most others

I just found the IGNORE button!! :)

Should that not just be expected, with the money he's on and the fact that he gets to play for Liverpool even though he's nowhere near good enough to, damn right he should give 100% and even thats not good enough.
    Never booed him, but i understand people that do.

You condone people booing a player who is doing everything he can. Giving 100%. If you think he’s not good enough, fine, boo whoever picks him. But to boo a player doing literally everything they can to play well is pathetic.

opr wrote: »
    Maybe cause people keep replying to him ?

Opr

I have people giving out and accusing me of all sorts and going through all my posts to try get some sort of dirt on me.

Seriously can you people not have a debate.
    Like omg someone thinks a player that i like is [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL], whats the world coming to.
    You're all replying to me, stop if you cant handle it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I just found the IGNORE button!! :)

And I found its arch nemesis - the "Quote" button :(

Fink - you've said enough now about Lucas, exactly what is your problem with Voronin??

I'd say 11 goals in 21 appearances last season says you're talking out of your sh1te pipe.

You condone people booing a player who is doing everything he can. Giving 100%. If you think he’s not good enough, fine, boo whoever picks him. But to boo a player doing literally everything they can to play well is pathetic.

People pay a lot of money to go see Liverpool. Lucas gets paid a lot of money and he's a big boy now so i'm sure he can take it.
    People get frustrated when rafa keeps putting him on the pitch and he's not good enough

• Advertisement

And I found its arch nemesis - the "Quote" button :(

Fink - you've said enough now about Lucas, exactly what is your problem with Voronin??

I'd say 11 goals in 21 appearances last season says you're talking out of your sh1te pipe.

Why wasnt Voronin sent off on loan if he's so good?

Talkin out of my sh1t pipe :D i love the way you people cant have a debate without getting all sensitive about it.

People get frustrated when rafa keeps putting him on the pitch and he's not good enough

i think it's more that people are bufoons, who heard Dunphy or some journalist saying he was the worst Brazilian ever, regardless of the fact that we won plenty of big games with him in the team, and lost or drew against poor teams with Xabi in the team and playing. But still Lucas is at the heart of all our woes. I'm f*cking sick to death of it.

Why wasnt Voronin sent off on loan if he's so good?

Talkin out of my sh1t pipe :D i love the way you people cant have a debate without getting all sensitive about it.

i love the way one poster will come on here and disagree with everything else thats contradictory to their own point of view, without making a reasonable case of their own. :-D

remember when gerrard was 15, he was so sh1te, shoulda got rid of him then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

This Fink Goodie character has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons.

i think it's more that people are bufoons, who heard Dunphy or some journalist saying he was the worst Brazilian ever, regardless of the fact that we won plenty of big games with him in the team, and lost or drew against poor teams with Xabi in the team and playing. But still Lucas is at the heart of all our woes. I'm f*cking sick to death of it.

Yes we should have a team of Lucas's because he's that good!

If someone doesnt agree with your opinion they're a bufoon! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement