Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well its the Villa bit that intrigues, the man himself seems at pains to distance himself from a move to England, yet serious enough offers from elsewhere in Spain are not coming. I spotted a headline for an article I didn't get round to reading that went something like "Villa in danger of missing the transfer boat"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

not sure how relevant it is to liverpool but...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5438538,00.html
    Real Madrid striker Alvaro Negredo is '95 per cent' certain to be heading to the Premier League this summer

The 23-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Tottenham, who have also expressed an interest in his Santiago Bernabeu team-mate Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

However, with the Dutchman seemingly set to complete a protracted move to Stuttgart at some stage, Spurs are reported to have turned their attention to Negredo.

The highly-regarded frontman enjoyed a goal-laden loan spell at Almeria last season, bringing him to the attention of Europe's top clubs.

With first-team opportunities expected to be hard to come by at Real following the club's summer transfer activities, Negredo is expected to be on the move once again over the coming weeks.

His most likely destination appears to be England, with his agent, Juanma Lopez, admitting as much.

"There is a 95 per cent chance that Negredo will be moving to the Premier League," he said.

Real Madrid are understood to want the ongoing saga regarding Negredo's future to be resolved by Monday.

interesting to note that they want his situation resolved by monday, similarly we might find out around then if alonso will be getting his move, he joins up with the squad on sunday with the rest of the spanish lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

rarnes1 wrote: »
    O Neill sell us a player?? no chance

Correction: O'neill sell us a player where rick parry isnt involved at any level........its possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

el rabitos wrote: »

interesting to note that they want his situation resolved by monday, similarly we might find out around then if alonso will be getting his move, he joins up with the squad on sunday with the rest of the spanish lads.

I read a report to say that Arsenal are now in for Huntelaar, so thats us out of the equation IMO. Hadn't seen any evidence of interest apart from this thread anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

el rabitos wrote: »

For the price Real are after I would rather not. £15 million on a moderate player for someone they bought back for £6 million? I say let Spurs waste more money on a striker...Darren Bent anyone??

I would just as rather stick Pacheco or Nemeth in and spend that money on getting a decent winger.

Or spend that £15 million + a little bit on the side for a very very good player like Huntelaar.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Real used Negredo as a make weight in the Xabi deal (we all need to realise he's going), but obviously I have my doubts about Negredo as to whether he's a new Torres or Fowler forbid another Nunez :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

LOL, marvellous stuff from the BBC. Their line:
    Liverpool will intensify their efforts to sign Valencia striker David Villa.
    Full story: The Times

What the Times actually says:
    Liverpool will intensify their efforts to sign David Silva, the Valencia playmaker, with Xabi Alonso expected to complete a £32 million move to Real Madrid next week.

The Spain midfield player is not expected to travel with the Liverpool squad for their pre-season tour to Asia tomorrow night. Real Sociedad, who sold Alonso for £10.5 million in August 2004, stood to receive 20 per cent of the transfer fee, but that agreement is scheduled to expire today.

It was unclear last night whether Wesley Sneijder, Real’s attacking midfield player, would be used as a makeweight in the prospective transfer.

Also, Ibrahimovic on his way to Barca in exchange for Eto'o plus £35m, which hopefully puts a Mascherano-sized dent in Barca's transfer budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,312 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

is it just me or is that an obscene amount of money for that useless lump ibrahimovic

Its not just you, of all "top level" strikers he is the one I'd make sure not to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Do I smell another Ibra debate abrewing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Cyrus wrote: »
    is it just me or is that an obscene amount of money for that useless lump ibrahimovic

Couldn't believe my eyes when I read about this transfer this morning! :confused:

It still doesn't make any sense to me.

Mourinho must be laughing his socks off at getting 1 over Barca.

Eto's only 28 too, its not like he's 31 & going downhill fast.

How long was left on his contract at Barca?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hephaestus wrote: »
    How long was left on his contract at Barca?

Its up next summer which may have played a big part in all this madness.

The way I look at it is it's another two top strikers that any of our rivals for the league won't be signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Barca got raped. Down 30 odd million and minus their best striker. :eek:

Jose gets a proven lethal finisher with ahbistory of performing on the big stage, as well as £30 million to raid Chelsea for Carvalho and Deco plus plenty change left over. Plus Hleb, but thats a more dubious advantage to have

Gareth Barry not happy with Rafa:www.football365.com
    Gareth Barry has accused Rafa Benitez of a lack of respect after the Liverpool manager questioned the motives behind his move to Manchester City.

The England midfielder left Aston Villa for Eastlands earlier this summer having come close to joining the Anfield outfit last year, only for the deal to fall through.

Barry had previously claimed he was eager to play UEFA Champions League football, but City will have no involvement in continental competition this year, which led to Benitez suggesting his decision was purely financial.

The left-sided ace is adamant that the money on offer from the cash-rich Eastlands outfit did not sway him, and he was more impressed by City's desire to bring him on board as they look to challenge the established hierarchy in English football.

"I found Rafa Benitez's comments a bit disrespectful," Barry told the Daily Telegraph.

"By that stage my decision was made and people should move on. There was genuine interest from Liverpool and I think he's probably just upset I chose City.

"I've been in the Premier League for 10 years, more, and the money I've been paid is phenomenal compared to your average, everyday working man. You live and work away from normal life anyway, so money's not a big factor.

"The difference was that City made me feel wanted. Liverpool had a chance to buy me last season but failed to pay the money, and only found it this year when they knew someone else had reached an agreement."

Barry admitted the collapse of his proposed move to Anfield last summer made his return to Villa Park a trying time and accused the Reds of making 'excuses' over their failure to complete the deal.

He added: "There was a feeling of being let down. Excuses were made about things going on behind the scenes and in the boardroom, but I came out of it looking like a bad person.

"It took a long time for me to get back into the squad at Villa afterwards. It was tough to deal with.

"That's why there's nothing better than a club making you feel wanted and getting a deal done in days.

"It's not about money, it's about the chance to be part of something big from the very beginning at a club who really want you."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

you reckon alonso will be reading that barry interview...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Barry can do all the talking he wants, he made a big deal about leaving Villa to play champions league football and ended up at a club that has never played in it. Everyone can see that.

Although maybe they convinced him the same way as they are trying to convince Terry

http://www.tribalfootball.com/man-city-tell-chelseas-terry-missing-champions-league-good-you-256396

Missing the champions league is good for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Steven Gerrard has underlined his commitment to Liverpool as his midfield colleague Xabi Alonso nears the Anfield exit door.

As Gerrard prepares to lead Liverpool in their second pre-season friendly on Sunday against Rapid Vienna in the Austrian capital, the chances of the Reds skipper and Alonso both being on the plane later that night heading for the club's Far East tour are increasingly remote.

Real Madrid officials are working to avoid Alonso having to travel with Liverpool for games in Thailand and Singapore next week, and it is believed negotiations are continuing over a likely £30m transfer.

But for Gerrard, the desire for glory with Liverpool and England burns as brightly as ever.

Gerrard has made it clear that he wants the Barclays Premier League title, another Champions League success and a World Cup victory with England before he considers coaching and management at the end of his career.

"I still have many more dreams, and that means winning the Premier League because that is the only medal that is missing from my own personal collection," he told www.uefa.com.

"And it would be really nice to go to a tournament with England and to be successful, so that means the World Cup next summer for me.

"I want to go one better than a quarter-final, which is the farthest so far that I have gone in a tournament.

"It's the last four and the final that I now am aiming for. And I want another success in the Champions League too.

"People could see my reaction when I lifted that trophy in 2005, how much it means to me, my team-mates and the supporters. That was the best night of my career and I want to match it and experience that success again."

Once his playing career ends - and he has intimated that his current contract taking him to 33 will be his last - Gerrard already has plans to remain occupied.

He said: "Now I am thinking about what I will do at the end of my career, I'm not getting any younger.

"It would be nice to stay involved in the game. I'm not sure at what level as either a manager or a coach or even going into the media. I want to stay involved because football is so important to me."

Gerrard's partnership with Alonso at the heart of Liverpool's side, however, looks to be over.

With Alonso having made it clear to manager Rafael Benitez that he wants to leave the club, the Spanish manager has been determined to get the very best price for the 30-year-old.

The end of the agreement this weekend with Alonso's former club Real Sociedad that would have seen 20 per cent of any sell-on fee going to the Basque club gives Liverpool and Madrid some negotiating room.

Holland midfielder Wesley Sneijder is now being linked in a player-plus-cash compromise. Benitez could also use the Alonso fee to buy Valencia's attacking midfielder David Silva.

Benitez has other targets, and has again been linked with Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani, despite the player's agent ruling out a move earlier in the week.

Roma coach Luciano Spalletti said: "We need to be open and listen to any type of offers that are proposed to us."

Roma director Bruno Conti added: "The situation as it is right now is that Aquilani will remain until there is a club that makes an offer."

Javier Mascherano, a target for Barcelona, rejoined the Liverpool squad last night and will be involved against Vienna. He has held talks with Benitez and been told he will not be sold.

Liverpool are about to announce the signing of one new player, 16-year-old Danish midfielder Nikolaj Kohlert from Esbjergs.

The player and his agent Allan Nielsen have been in talks today in Liverpool. Nielsen said earlier: "The only thing remaining is the personal contract.

"I see no immediate problems in the clubs agreeing. This is a fantastic opportunity for a 16-year-old and he is ready both as a person and as a footballer. He will probably start in the academy on a scholarship before he turns 17.

"After that it will be the reserve team and then he will get a professional contract for three years with an additional option for Liverpool.

"It is a really good contract. All that's remaining now is to get the details in place."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/gerrard-eyes-glory-as-alonso-eyes-exit-1751097.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

copacetic wrote: »
    Barry can do all the talking he wants, he made a big deal about leaving Villa to play champions league football and ended up at a club that has never played in it. Everyone can see that.
    !

Barry is entitled to react to what Benitez said.

He was never going to join Liverpool after the fiasco of last season, no other Champions league club came for him, what was he supposed to do?

Boggles wrote: »
    Barry is entitled to react to what Benitez said.

He was never going to join Liverpool after the fiasco of last season, no other Champions league club came for him, what was he supposed to do?

:confused: and I said he can talk all he wants. what are you on about?

• Advertisement

:confused: and I said he can talk all he wants. what are you on about?

Your bringing up the fact that he wanted out last year because of CL football, which was probably true, you can't say the same this year as CL football was not on offer.

Your bringing up the fact that he wanted out last year because of CL football, which was probably true, you can't say the same this year as CL football was not on offer.

thats not what I asked, what are you on about 'he's entitled to react' when I didn't say he wasn't?

thats not what I asked, what are you on about 'he's entitled to react' when I didn't say he wasn't?
    Barry can do all the talking he wants

So you ment that literally?

The main point I brought you up on was his desire last year to play CL football, that was not an option this year.

So you ment that literally?

The main point I brought you up on was his desire last year to play CL football, that was not an option this year.

It wasn't a metaphor so it's only meaning is literal. What are you on?

Your other point is totally untrue and also an attempt at a reaction. I'll not bother with it.

Your other point is totally untrue and also an attempt at a reaction. I'll not bother with it.

How is my point untrue?

Which team was in for him that he would have joined that were in the CL this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

May I jump in? OK. Last year Barry wanted to join Liverpool to play Champions League football. The whole thing ended up a shambles for who knows why. This year, he admits that there was interest from Liverpool, who are in the Champions League again, but he snubs them for the money at City. It's fairly simple really. Now that's cleared up, any transfer gossip apart from Xabi?

evil_seed wrote: »
    This year, he admits that there was interest from Liverpool, who are in the Champions League again, but he snubs them for the money at City. It's fairly simple really.

He snubbed them because of the fiasco last season?

How is that so hard to understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

He could have stayed at Villa.

I don't think there are many Liverpool fans that are too disappointed that Barry didn't join.

He would have been a good squad addition but he's no spring chicken and I'd rather we get some younger talent into the squad tbh.

Best of luck to him at City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

fiasco explain??

from my view it was team X wanted player, player wanted to join team X, team y didn't want to sell player so they dug in heels and upped transfer fee, team X not willing to pay transfer fee, transfer doesn't go through

how is that different from lots of transfers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

PiE wrote: »
    He could have stayed at Villa.

....who are actually going to playing in Europe this year.

It's not the Champions League but it's still European football.

And we all know how highly Villa and O'Neill rate that competition.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    fiasco explain??

from my view it was team X wanted player, player wanted to join team X, team y didn't want to sell player so they dug in heels and upped transfer fee, team X not willing to pay transfer fee, transfer doesn't go through

how is that different from lots of transfers??

He explains it himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Totally agree, and while man city have brought in talent i dont think they'll finish above Villa.

Some bits and pieces from the offical site below.

The youngster reserves are taking on Aberystwyth Town later on - might be a kinda of shop window for some whether it's permanent or loan moves.

Also Spearing sounding mighty ambitious and dedicated which is good to hear, while Pachecho mentioning Yossi and others helping out at training. Makes a lot of sense really as Pacheco is a very similar player to Yossi, although I was a little worried his English isn't a little better after 2 years in England.

Having listed who is likely to be in the Pre-Season Reserve Squad and their ages, I think this gives a pretty stark indication of where Itandje is in the pecking order. Really does seem to be a case of "Eff off Charlie and play with the kids until you leave" There are a couple of the older players in this squad here who seem unlikely to make the breakthrough at Liverpool, who might well be off before the transfer window closes, there are also some here who might well benefit from going on loan. Also we look a little light in defense and a little heavy in terms of forwards looking at this listing.

Charles Itandje 27
    Adam Hammill 21
    Jordy Brouwer 21
    Francisco Duran 21
    Craig Lindfield 21
    Ryan Crowther 21
    Robbie Threlfall 21
    Ray Putterill 20
    Vitor Flora 19
    András Simon 19
    Emmanuel Mendy 19
    Martin Hansen 19
    Steve Irwin 19
    Vincent Weijl 19
    Nathan Eccleston 19
    Nikola Saric 19
    Gerardo Bruna 18
    Zsolt Pölöskei 18
    David Amoo 18
    Victor Palsson 18
    Lauri Dalla Valle 18
    Alexander Kacaniklic 18
    Chris Oldfield 18
    Christopher Buchtmann 18
    Chris Mavinga 18

Bouzanis 19 may also be there depending on what is happening in terms of his loan to Wrexham.
    REDS TAKE ON ABERYSTWYTH TOWN
    Steve Hunter 18 July 2009

A John McMahon managed Liverpool XI are in action today when they take on Welsh side Aberystwyth Town at the Park Avenue Stadium.
    Kick-off is at 3pm BST and the likes of promising youngsters Lauri Dalle Valle and Adam Hammill could be involved.

The game, which sees McMahon take charge of the team for the first time since replacing Gary Ablett, is being played as part the Welsh club's 125th Anniversary season.
    SPEARING: MY SWISS GOAL
    Jimmy Rice in Switzerland 17 July 2009

Jay Spearing admits he is desperate to impress the staff and senior players in Switzerland ahead of a crucial season in his Anfield career.
    The Wirral-born midfielder agreed a new deal this summer and is now targeting regular first-team action in 2009-10.

He hopes starting alongside Steven Gerrard in the friendly draw with St Gallen is just a taste of things to come.

"I loved every minute on Wednesday," Spearing told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Any chance I get I've got to impress. I want to show Stevie that I am capable of playing alongside him - and I need to show that to Rafa Benitez as well.

"As soon as the offer of a new deal came I wanted to get pen to paper. This is the club where I want to be and this is where I want to play my football in the years to come.

"I want to make the step up as soon as possible. I've been in the reserves for a few years so I need to push on."
    PACHECO: CHEERS, YOSSI
    Jimmy Rice in Switzerland 18 July 2009

Yossi Benayoun has taken Spanish whiz kid Daniel Pacheco under his wing, the youngster has revealed.
    Pacheco is out to impress during a week with the first team - and Benayoun has been there to offer help and advice.

"I am learning a lot from playing alongside Stevie or Dirk or Yossi," the 18-year-old told Liverpoolfc.tv. "But I have to keep working hard and try to improve in order to impress the boss.

"Every day I am learning something. Yossi has been helping me a lot - it helps that he can tell me things in Spanish. He tries to help and I try to listen to everything he tells me.

"They are very good players so it's hard but the first-team are good with helping the young players. I'm very happy to be here.

"The boss has told us that we're young and we have to be prepared to learn and to listen all the way."

• Advertisement

If Alonso is replaced in effect by Sneijder with Silva also joining would that be considered a decent 'swap', while not like for like between them they'd give Liverpool some extra strength in depth (both can play either flank or the middle) while not actually costing anything much (maybe at all) in net terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Alonso out & Schnieder & Silva would improve us.

Too good to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Would love sneijder to come the other way. Always been a fan of him. Doesnt have the passing ability of alonso but he is more of an all action player and can also play in gerrards role if he is missing.

Love alonso but with sneijder and silva (possibility/hopefully) that would improve us overall imo and with alonso wanting to move home all parties can be satisfied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Alonso out & Schnieder & Silva would improve us.

Too good to be true.

If we got Sneijder, Silva and someone of say Carrick's ability to replace Alonso, I would be so ****ing happy you wouldn't believe. Mind you, you could see us go to something like the below setups - depending on opposition of course:

Weaker sides that sit back and defend:

Reina

Carragher
    Agger
    Johnson
    Mascherano
    Aurelio
    Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Sneijder
    Silva
    Torres

or:

Reina

Carragher
    Agger
    Johnson
    Mascherano
    Aurelio
    Gerrard
    Sneijder
    Silva

Kuyt
    Torres

Either way, we would be pretty well set in terms of options:

Reina
    Johnson/Arbeloa
    Carragher
    Skrtel/Agger
    Aurelio/Insua
    xxxxxxx/Lucas
    Mascherano
    ----Kuyt/Benayoun
    Gerrard/Sneijder
    Silva/Riera----
    Torres/Babel/N'Gog

Additonal players: Voronin, Dossena, El Zhar, Degan, Spearing, Plessis, Darby, Pacheco, Nemeth and a few others.

We would obviously need a replacement for Alonso and then possibly a 4th choice central defender.

The only real weakness in the squad then is the lack of a real alternative to Torres. Babel and N'Gog could maybe step up but I am not too confident.

There is plenty of flexibility in terms of where players can be deployed too. Silva, Gerrard, Kuyt, Benayoun and Sneijder can all easily be re-deployed in other positions in attack.

I'm hopeful for Plessis this year also, I think he may get more chances this year to show what he can do.

• Advertisement

Plessis is meant to have gone backwards last season. Wouldnt be too hopeful.
    someone of say Carrick's ability to replace Alonso, I would be so ****ing happy you wouldn't believe.

Spearing? Lucas?

;)

Spearing? Lucas?

;)

Haha not quite. Lucas is a different type of player too in fairness.

i was kidding.

I'd like us to take a punt on Noble considering we're skint.

Alonso out, Schnieder-Silva-Noble in.

I'd be over the ****ing moon.

i was kidding.

I'd like us to take a punt on Noble considering we're skint.

Alonso out, Schnieder-Silva-Noble in.

I'd be over the ****ing moon.

Defo, imagine our signings for the Summer ending up being Johnson, Sneijder, Silva and Noble with the only departure being Alonso. That would be one heck of a transfer window.

I'm hopeful for Plessis this year also, I think he may get more chances this year to show what he can do.

There was talk of him going on loan to Cardiff last week, which I would be slightly surprised with given we are not overwhelmed with cover for CM.

Looked pretty decent in the St Gallen game but I would say that Spearing has probably leap-frogged him in the pecking order.

Probably has the talent to make it but there are question-marks about his attitude.

Reserves XI off to a winner :)

Itandje didn't feature at all and neither did Hammill - Curious :confused: Wonder if Hammill might have a knock?

Also Wisdom who played 90 mins is only just 16 (but a beast physically) played 90 mins, which might have been due to a lack of options at CB, but does seem to indicate what level of ability he currently has

Hopefully LDV's knock isn't anything serious.
    MCMAHON OFF TO A GOOD START
    Steve Hunter 18 July 2009

Goals from Vincent Weijl, Gerardo Bruna, Nathan Eccleston and Ryan Crowther saw a John McMahon managed Liverpool XI beat Aberystwyth Town 4-1 in a friendly encounter on Saturday.

The game, which saw McMahon take charge of the team for the first time since replacing Gary Ablett, was played as part the Welsh club's 125th Anniversary season.

Five of last season's Academy based FA Youth Cup final team were included in McMahon's starting line-up with Lauri Dalle Valle, David Amoo, Eccleston, Christopher Buchtmann and Andre Wisdom all in action.

Finnish ace Dalle Valle picked up a knock and had to leave the field after 35 minutes.

The Welsh side took the lead from a corner when Liverpool fan Sion James headed home.

Dutch winger Weijl equalised with a superb individual goal when he beat two defenders and produced a venomous finish.

Superb play from Eccleston then led to Gerard Bruna making it 2-1 and Eccleston added a third goal just before the interval.

A whole host of substitutions were made in the second half and Ryan Crowther made it 4-1.

Liverpool XI: Dean Bouzanis (Chris Oldfield 45), Emmanuel Mendy, Christopher Buchtmann (Steven Irwin 45), Robbie Threlfall, Andre Wisdom, Victor Palsson (captain) (Vitor Flora 45), David Amoo (Ryan Crowther 45), Gerard Bruna, Lauri Dalle Valle (Andras Simon 35), Nathan Eccleston (Jordy Brouwer 45), Vincent Weijl.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165092090718-1709.htm

Andre Wisdom. A man with a name like that deserevs a long and fulfilled career in top flight football. Perhaps they could team him up with Danny Invincible at centre back. Wisdom and Invincible. Sounds like a comedy duo. That'd be the best centre back pairing since Charlton's Costa Fortune.

Is he anything to this man?

3185847_tml.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

flahavaj wrote: »
    Andre Wisdom. A man with a name like that deserevs a long and fulfilled career in top flight football. Perhaps they could team him up with Danny Invincible at centre back. Wisdom and Invincible. Sounds like a comedy duo. That'd be the best centre back pairing since Charlton's Costa Fortune.

Is he anything to this man?

3185847_tml.jpg

No cause hes black.

Plessis is meant to have gone backwards last season. Wouldnt be too hopeful.
    There was talk of him going on loan to Cardiff last week, which I would be slightly surprised with given we are not overwhelmed with cover for CM.

Looked pretty decent in the St Gallen game but I would say that Spearing has probably leap-frogged him in the pecking order.

Probably has the talent to make it but there are question-marks about his attitude.

Was impressed with him in the St Gallen game, and don't think he would have been given such a run if he wasn't in the frame for this season.

Was impressed with him in the St Gallen game, and don't think he would have been given such a run if he wasn't in the frame for this season.

The only CMs we had in Swissland were Lucas, Spearing and Plessis.
    Even played Gerrard who Rafa called a striker this week there due to lack of other options.

Still well down the pecking order and would expect Spearing to feature more than him this year imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement