Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Some **** material to tide us over.

That kid scores some unreal goals, of the 50, the vast majority are absolute peaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Something like 10 of those 50 were headers. Think I underestimated his arial ability.... He finds space in the box from crosses quite brilliantly, ala tim cahill. Not big strong players, but clever players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,312 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Kirby wrote: »
    Something like 10 of those 50 were headers. Think I underestimated his arial ability.... He finds space in the box from crosses quite brilliantly, ala tim cahill. Not big strong players, but clever players.

er torres is 6 1 and built like a tank :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

~Rebel~ wrote: »

That kid scores some unreal goals, of the 50, the vast majority are absolute peaches.

5.51 - 5.57 is the money shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cyrus wrote: »
    er torres is 6 1 and built like a tank :D

Fellaini is built like a tank, Drogba is built like a tank. Samba or Richard Dunne are built like tanks.
    err, I'd say he's about 150 pounds soaking wet. Legend that he is, a pyhsical presence he is not. He holds people off the same way rooney and messi do. Its mistaken for strength, but its really ball control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

yeah, but with rooney it's actually strength too. Anyway, isn't tomorrow/now d-day? The 19th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,312 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fellaini is built like a tank, Drogba is built like a tank. Samba or Richard Dunne are built like tanks.
    err, I'd say he's about 150 pounds soaking wet. Legend that he is, a pyhsical presence he is not. He holds people off the same way rooney and messi do. Its mistaken for strength, but its really ball control.

at 6.1 and between 12 and a half and 13 stone he has more in common with drogba or richard dunne than tim cahill or rooney in physicality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Alonso has rejoined the squad so it looks like he could be staying, fingers crossed! Also, there's rumours we could be making a bid for Ashley Young which would be fantastic dont think Maureen O'Neill would be too happy about it though.

Felaini a tank? He's skin and bones man! Torres is a big strong bloke, don't let that pretty face fool you lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

More from LiverTweet this morning

- Ashley Young rumours are untrue (They're in the NOTW)
    - Silva/Villa deal on the way, and to expect a big announcement
    - Alonso off for contract talks and medial soon
    - Rafa to comment on Alonso sometime today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well soon we should show if this souce is ITK or FOS! :p

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Both?! Honestly, like if that happens it will..be..ahhh its not gonna happen.

We need to fill the Alonso shaped whole in the midfield.

We need to fill the Alonso shaped whole in the midfield.

I'm looking at LiverTweet just like any other source. If it's for real, great, if it's just spouting, won't be surprised. Pinch of salt, and all that.

I've always felt we have money lying around - more then what people have speculated, and that most of it was spewed out on Johnson, and we'll struggle to meet any big fees.

I think a double deal for Villa and Silva is fully possible, and I'm sure we'd all love it.

Sigh...I suppose Villa and Silva would be OK.

//walks away sulking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Villa no, Snidger yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

alonso out, villa, silva and sneijder in, would be amazin business (if it is true).

Whats this about noble? Haven't seen or heard it anywhere else?

Noble would be an awesome buy at the centre of the park. And with Villa and Silva up top, the emphasis would be more on attack then holding and defending. Teams would ****e themselves to leave any of our players free in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sneijder wouldn't replace alonso. A very different player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

World class is a term that's used cheaply these days but Torres certainly is. What a goal scorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

JPA wrote: »
    Sneijder wouldn't replace alonso. A very different player.

It has been said a million times but it doesn't seem to be sinking in so I quoted you for good measure :D

Sneijder could join us but Alonso will still need to be replaced unless we move from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-1-4-1...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Ardent wrote: »
    World class is a term that's used cheaply these days but Torres certainly is. What a goal scorer.

he is an absolute genius. worth every last red cent.

as they say, if i came home from work early and found my missus in bed with fernando torres, i'd go downstairs and make him a cup of tea...

Livertweet is a pile of sh1te. Wouldn't believe a word written on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I would like to think that we had £55M minimum to spend on these guys without even thinking of how much Alonso's replacement would cost, I really would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Livertweet is a pile of sh1te. Wouldn't believe a word written on it.

worth keeping an eye on it imo, most likely its spoof, but either way we'll know very very soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I just came. Cheers for posting Rebel.

Seriously though what a player. The reason I voted for him in the World XI striker poll is evidenced in that video and the range of goals he scores. He's a threat everywhere on the pitch, off both feet and in the air. It's great to be able to say we have (arguably) the worlds most complete striker on our books.

His fitness this year will quite possibly be the deciding factor in the title race imo. Have him starting 30+ games and we can start to dream...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've always felt we have money lying around - more then what people have speculated, and that most of it was spewed out on Johnson, and we'll struggle to meet any big fees.

We still have most of the money from the Keane deal, we had only paid around £6 million out of the £20 or so million we paid for him.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    We still have most of the money from the Keane deal, we had only paid around £6 million out of the £20 or so million we paid for him.

I reckon we paid less than that, half even..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

The money from the Keane deal is long since gone me thinks - remember it was borrowed to begin with (like everything else with G&H) so best case is that it was used to pay back that bit of the finance that was used to sign Keane originally.

Current finance deal due to expire on 24th iirc - will be interesting to see what's announced (if anything) around that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

MASCH ON BENCH IN VIENNA - WATCH LIVE
    Jimmy Rice in Vienna 19 July 2009
    Javier Mascherano is set to return to action for Liverpool after being named on the bench for this evening's clash with Rapid Vienna - a game you can watch live only on Liverpoolfc.tv from 6.15pm BST.
    The Reds XI in full is:

Cavalieri, Degen, Insua, Carragher, Ayala, Gerrard, Plessis, Babel, El Zhar, Nemeth, Voronin.

Subs: Martin, Gulacsi, Kelly, San Jose, Pacheco, Benayoun, Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas, Ngog, Spearing, Skrtel.

Any streams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

where's GlenJo?!?!?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Any streams?

Long list here
    http://lfcglobe.com/stream-links-rapid-vienna-vs-liverpool-a/
    Mr Alan wrote: »

1. No just no - worst nickname ever

2. Strange - especially given there is no recognised LB besides Insua there.
    A knock maybe. Shame was hoping he matched his performance the last day.

Any streams?

http://lfcglobe.com/stream-links-rapid-vienna-vs-liverpool-a/

i think there'll be streams here.
    Mr Alan wrote: »

hopefully that's a clerical error. it wouldn't be the first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Starting 11 vs Rapid Vienna Cavalieri,Degen,Insua,Carra,Ayala,Gerrard,Plessis,Babel,El Zhar,Nemeth,Voronin.

Dont think Glen is in the squad today :(

No Darby listed either - Rather strange :confused:

Hoping for Masch to get a Monster reception

agh, Nemeth should have scored

agh, Nemeth should have scored

Yup should have doen better

Thought that was a legit goal for Vienna

Johnson has a knock - Achilles rested as precaution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Cheers for that - couldn't find anything!!

mms://live2.wm.liverpoolfc.servecast.net/liverpoolfc_wmlz_xx_secure_enhanced450k

Stick that in Windows Media Player...

really frustrating. Want to see Nemeth get better service, but Babel and El Zhar can't keep hold of the ball so he only has scraps.

Looks like the penny still hasn't dropped with Babel

mms://live2.wm.liverpoolfc.servecast.net/liverpoolfc_wmlz_xx_secure_enhanced450k

Stick that in Windows Media Player...

thanks, will catch the 2nd half of this.

Pretty ho hum stuff overall looking rather disjointed and no real pattern of play.

Though Nemeth did ok, while Voronin was a bit patchy.
    Babel involved a fair bit but didnt really impress. His tackling is still very poor.
    El Zhar very quiet for large parts.
    Gerrard in CM is clearly a bad idea and I'm hoping we do not see him in CM at all this season.
    Plessis competent - positioning a bit shakey at times
    Insua - reasonable peformance -
    Carra - in a pretty inexperienced defence looked under a bit of pressure. Gave away a few frees cheapyly by his standards.
    Ayala - I think the main reason he is in the senior squad is for cover purposes with Agger injured and Kelly off to U-19 Championship. Good experience for him in terms of his development but cant really see him featuring for the first team at all this season. In spite of that looked decent enough.
    Degen - I continue to be unimpressed. A lot of Vienna's attacks seemed to come down his side . I would wonder
    Cavalieri - did well overall I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

really frustrating. Want to see Nemeth get better service, but Babel and El Zhar can't keep hold of the ball so he only has scraps.

Don't think he's suited playing with Voronin. He's not strong enough yet to pay as the main striker. He needs to be playing off the likes of Ngog.

I don't think Babel is playing that bad, but El Zhar is getting creamed. He's done next to nothing so far. Besides, how long is it going to take to realise Babel shouldn't be stuck out on the wing anyway?

Overall though brutal match. I've nearly turned the TV off a few times.

Whats the point of bringing flares to a football match, fooking europeans!!

Well in Scary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Babels played quite poorly imo - poor passing & decision making. Degans looked average but El Zhar hasn't given him enough cover. Nemeth didn't get great service tbf but regarding his strength - he showed plenty of it when he was close on hauled to the ground in the box before playing a dangerous ball in. Looking forward to seeing Spearing & Pacheco now!

Crazy smoke bombs :mad:

Both FBs stay on for the second half

Gulacsi
    Degen Skrtel Kelly Insua
    Lucas Spearing
    Kuyt Pachecho Yossi
    Ngog

Great last-ditch tackle by Skrtel there

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement