Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Why in gods name is Degan still on our books? he's absolutely muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

silly free silly goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

1-0 to the Rapid

Good free kick but I think Gulacsi could have done better

Kuyt on a yellow :eek:

Best Liverpool bit so far = Riera pulling the pasty out of Torres's mouth on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Dear God - we're at 6's & 7's at the back - midfield is being run ragged and putting us under severe pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

1-0 to the Rapid

Good free kick but I think Gulacsi could have done better

Kuyt on a yellow :eek:

Best Liverpool bit so far = Riera pulling the pasty out of Torres's mouth on the bench

Definitely the best part of the match so far haha

I think the midfield two of Lucas and Spearing are getting beaten and no decent ball has been provided to the front four.

Masch and Kelly on
    Degen and Insua off

I thought Kelly was already on - was San Jose

Back 3 of Kelly Skrtel and San Jose

poor half really. no one seems to be stepping up.

c'mon lucas!!

someones messin with the camera!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

That looks worrying. Poor Yossi.

• Advertisement

Not looking good for Yossi, hopefully he'll be alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

someones messin with the camera!!
    Turning it away from the pitch would be a mercy at this stage :(

booo-urns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I was going to ask if there is a delayed broadcast anywhere but having read this thread i think il just give it a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

That's 90 mins of my life that i wont get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Rustyness still present from some but it's good to see some on the young lads getting a run out. Pac looks good and Guls looks, at least, confident in goal. Hopefully the rustyness works its way out before the next match

Not good enough really - midfield was non existant meaning the backs were given no choice but to hoof it upfield & the forwards got terrible service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

daithijjj wrote: »
    I was going to ask if there is a delayed broadcast anywhere but having read this thread i think il just give it a miss.

Was going to watch this on LFC tv at 8.15. The channel is free at the moment. Still from hearing about the match it seems it was a pretty poor display.

1-0 FT

Pretty anemic performance - Meh pre-season

Thought Ngog and Pachecho did pretty well in the 2nd half when we got the ball forward.

Off to Asia now. Game against Thailand is Wednesday so presume flying out tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed Xabi and Arbeloa are both on the flight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

PaulieC wrote: »
    Not good enough really - midfield was non existant meaning the backs were given no choice but to hoof it upfield & the forwards got terrible service.

will ya ever give over.
    we could lose 6-0 today and it wouldn't matter a toss, we could destroy them and likewise in wouldn't be anything but a slight ego boost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

joe123 wrote: »
    Was going to watch this on LFC tv at 8.15. The channel is free at the moment. Still from hearing about the match it seems it was a pretty poor display.

Thanks joe, i still think il give it a miss :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

mayordenis wrote: »
    will ya ever give over.
    we could lose 6-0 today and it wouldn't matter a toss, we could destroy them and likewise in wouldn't be anything but a slight ego boost.

This comes off as a "We coulda beaten em if we wanted to!" kind of remark.

All he did was point out that the midfield was poor, which it was. Obviously the intensity isn't going to be there in a pre-season game, but a poor performance is a poor performance. Instead of making excuses, people should be examining why it wasn't good and look to see how it can be improved

mayordenis wrote: »
    will ya ever give over.

My point is these were out backup midfielders for the year - Lucas & Spearing - if they can't show Benitez they can control the midfield against a mediocre team then what confidence will that give him? They're supposed to be pushing for more playing time in the PL etc. All I'm saying is they didn't inspire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

RAFA OUT!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Pretty poor match in general. Pacheco really impressed me again. He is going to be a major deal in a few seasons time.

• Advertisement

Pacheco is going to be the business alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    RAFA OUT!!!!

I agree, get this clown out before he ruins the season. Tonight wasn't good enough and if we play like this on Wednesday, Thailand will slaughter us!!

Rafa out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

And if they lose to Thailand the season's over. No team has ever lost to Thailand and gone on to win the premiership. This is completely unacceptable.:pac:

Ah give it a break lads. Our central midfielders were very poor today. The game virtually bypassed them completely and we could easily have lost by quite the margin any other day.

Pre-season or not, that is not a good sign and should rightfully be discussed. It certainly shouldn't be mockee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ah give it a break lads. Our central midfielders were very poor today. The game virtually bypassed them completely and we could easily have lost by quite the margin any other day.

Pre-season or not, that is not a good sign and should rightfully be discussed. It certainly shouldn't be mockee.

Midfield was poor, i wouldnt take it as a bad sign really, its only the second pre season game tbf. Give them a few more games and we`ll be back in the swing of things...

• Advertisement

suggesting that the first few games of pre-season are anything other than an excercise in fitness should be mocked imo-2 seperate 11's,3 goalies,RB's playing at LB,CM playing at LB,goalies playing in midfield etc etc etc.

Couldn't agree more - the only thing you'd have to take into consideration is the double training sessions could be taking a bit of a toll especially when they're just coming back- midfield in the 2nd half was poor imo but I thought Plessis did well - has a bit of a heavy touch sometimes but showed some class nonetheless. I'd agree with other comments about Pacheo too - the lad still has a lot of developing to do but he's already at a high standard for someone so young - looks brilliant at the mo.

In case it isn't clear. I am not taking any significant meaning from the one match. If it is still happening against Athletico then i will actually read something significant into it.

Ye were too quick in jumping on that post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Obviously basing an opinion on one game is naff. Nobody is suggesting that.

But most fans Ostrich syndrome needs to go. Lucas isn't good enough. Everyone knew this last season, and every time he plays the opinion is just reinforced. Liverpool need to get rid of him and bring in somebody who actually knows how to play in the middle and has the ability to do it.

Easiesr said than done? clearly. But I think Rafa's obstinence seems to be rubbing off on fans with excuses made everytime liverpools 2nd string is bossed around.

I actually think Lucas will prove quite a few people wrong in coming months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Xabi continues to be non-committal.
    "It's always a great feeling when Madrid want you, especially considering the phase of the career I am in now," Alonso told AS.

"But at this point, as I have always said, whether or not that can happen is not up to me. It's a matter that involves three parties, including myself.

"I do not like to force the issue. I prefer to talk.

"Madrid's project is certainly impressive. But beyond that, I can't tell you anything else."

Alonso revealed he will hold talks with Benitez over his future during Liverpool's pre-season training camp in Austria.

"I will talk to him, sure, but the first thing to do when I arrive [in Austria] is to greet him," he commented.

"But I imagine that in the next few days, there will be time for all that, even though in reality, there's nothing in particular to talk to Rafa about. It's the clubs who have to negotiate to reach an agreement."

Asked why Liverpool had rejected Real's initial overtures, Alonso said: "I am not the man who can answer these questions.

"The truth is that I cannot say much, because every little thing can be misinterpreted. And I do not know how things will turn out either because I am not a fortune teller."[/QUIOTE]

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5442423,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,312 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

obviously he'd like to go but i think he doesnt mind staying either if you get me,

either way he will never be worth 30mn again

som im torn as to whether i want him to go or stay, if its last season xavi then stay at all costs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

He's also reportedly traveled with the rest of the squad to the far east which suggests that the two clubs are still quiet far apart in their negotiations. Obviously he could leave at any stage should the impass be broken. There's a certain irony in him being in the position Barry was in last year - long drawn out negotiations between the clubs with no end seemingly in sight, player not wanting to put in a xfer request in case the buying club don't match the asking price, etc..

In other news Stevie's trial starts today - some reports reckon it could take up to 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

zing wrote: »
    X
    "But I imagine that in the next few days, there will be time for all that, even though in reality, there's nothing in particular to talk to Rafa about. It's the clubs who have to negotiate to reach an agreement."

If this line is infact true, sounds to me like he is just going to Austria to say good bye to the lads and staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Boggles wrote: »
    If this line is infact true, sounds to me like he is just going to Austria to say good bye to the lads and staff.

In fact, it doesn't sound like that at all.

Sounds to me like he's being a professional and not letting himself get drawn on leading questions.

• Advertisement

PiE wrote: »
    In fact, it doesn't sound like that at all.

Sounds to me like he's being a professional and not letting himself get drawn on leading questions.

Really?, tis pretty straight forward sounding to me.

To me it sounds like he has nothing to discuss with Rafa and that it's just down to the clubs to do the paper work.

I stand by what I said though, especially this summer, if it is not caught on video it probably didn't happen.

To me it sounds like he has nothing to discuss with Rafa and that it's just down to the clubs to do the paper work.
    Sounds like? That's exactly what he said - no interpretation needed.

The rest is unfounded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If Xabi's head has been turned by Madrid, and reading between the lines of those quotes i think it has, then it's better for all parties that it's resolved quickly.
    From Liverpool's point of view we don't want this dragging into August.
    I know Xabi is a professional, but if even a little bit of him wants away from Liverpool then i would sell him.
    30 million or anything above would be an excellent price and would allow us bring in two quality players. Something along the lines of 25 million plus Negredo would also be excellent.

IN
    Johnson 17
    New Xabi 15-20
    New AM 20
    CM Cover 5
    Negredo 0

OUT
    Alonso 25
    Leto 3
    Dossena 3

NET Spend: 26-31 million (not too unlikely seeing as our spend last season was 5 million only.)
    The above could potentially give us a much stronger squad than last year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Livertweet's take on it ;)

"Relations between Xabi and Rafa have reached breaking point with Xabi refusing to hand in a transfer request which is vital to the deal."

"Rafa simply will not let the deal go through until it is publicly clear that Alonso and not himself forced the switch. Rafa has also been angered by the "quotes" from Alonso that have appeared in Madrid paper AS last night/today. He blanked all Qs from an AS reporter last night"

Why does he have to hand in a transfer request, what real difference does it make?

spockety wrote: »
    Livertweet's take on it ;)

"Relations between Xabi and Rafa have reached breaking point with Xabi refusing to hand in a transfer request which is vital to the deal."

That goes against what that previous comment from Alonso inferred - "I will talk to him, sure, but the first thing to do when I arrive [in Austria] is to greet him" - doesn't exactly sound like the words of a man at "breaking point".
    "Rafa simply will not let the deal go through until it is publicly clear that Alonso and not himself forced the switch. Rafa has also been angered by the "quotes" from Alonso that have appeared in Madrid paper AS last night/today."
    While I wouldn't like this to be the case - you can understand where he's coming from. If the deal goes ahead without Alonso explicitly saying he wants it, Rafa will be reamed all season for "wanting rid of a world class player" by the usuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Why does he have to hand in a transfer request, what real difference does it make?

Probably to stop the inevitable "Alonso was forced out by Rafa" spin the media will put on things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Kirby wrote: »
    Obviously basing an opinion on one game is naff. Nobody is suggesting that.

But most fans Ostrich syndrome needs to go. Lucas isn't good enough. Everyone knew this last season, and every time he plays the opinion is just reinforced. Liverpool need to get rid of him and bring in somebody who actually knows how to play in the middle and has the ability to do it.

Easiesr said than done? clearly. But I think Rafa's obstinence seems to be rubbing off on fans with excuses made everytime liverpools 2nd string is bossed around.

Here here, where were you on Friday when i was saying this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Here here, where were you on Friday when i was saying this :)

Seriously, for the sake of tranquility on a monday morning...........

LET IT GO!!!!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Probably to stop the inevitable "Alonso was forced out by Rafa" spin the media will put on things.

I don't think even that would stop them though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement