Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

flahavaj wrote: »
    What are the chances of there being at least a couple of United, Everton or Chelsea fans on the jury!?:pac:

Ha, given Gerrard's pull on Merseyside, plus some of the connections his family had/has, I would be shocked if the jury did not show up in red and all singing YNWA :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That Livertweet place has gone very quiet. There's a shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

5starpool wrote: »

They're on Jury duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Kess73 wrote: »
    Interestlingly all six of Gerrard's friends have pleaded guilty to affray, and although Gerrard is pleading not guilty, the jury could still see it as a seven against one attack.

Gerrard's plea of self defence seems a bit weak after it was his mate that hit the guy. But I reckon money/status will talk in this and I would be very surprised if Gerrard got anything other than a slap on the wrist and maybe a fine. His mates may get minor sentences/fines.

Mind you, on the off chance the jury goes against him, it would cause a headache for the season ahead as the UK sentences for this is a large fine and/or between six months to three years in the slammer. Also if a person is found guilty of affray are then liable to being prosecuted for a full assault charge.

Pure bull some of the paper coverage of this. "Gerrard threw punches like a professional boxer". Yet the assault charge has been dropped. Surely if the lad was throwing punches then an assault charge would stand.

Saying that he looks a silly lad in that video. Hanging around with a bunch of wannabe hardmen me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

For those interested, here's HHH's goals last season.
    (And his sending off)

A couple were well tasty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPnQ1pqTus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Dossena: Liverpool move would improve Aquilani
    01:30 PM 21 July, 2009
    Andrea Dossena believes Alberto Aquilani would flourish at Liverpool Football Club.

The Reds have been linked with a £15million move for the Italian international midfielder, who signed a new contract in May which ties him to Roma until 2013.

This new deal seems to have done little to detract from speculation linking Aquilani with Anfield, a move which his compatriot Dossena believes would suit him.

“Aquilani is destined to improve even more and could do so even more quickly under a great coach like Rafael Benitez,” the defender told laroma.net.

“A player like him can comfortably play for Liverpool. Aquilani can do well in the Premier League, even though it is a more physical league than Serie A.

“Rafael Benitez is very good at setting up the team and moving it around. He has many solutions at his disposal and could employ Aquilani in different ways.”

link

not sure about this, but clearly still just speculation

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Voronin is Magical, Long live Voronin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That goal at 1:25 was class. Not great defending, but still....the guy clearly has atleast some ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

(And his sending off)

Most of them were pretty good.

That first one was brilliant, dare I say it...Nando-esque

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Just after reading through yesterdays post, how people can talk so much about voronin beggars belief. This place is turning in to a proper little soap opera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Graham Hunter this morning on Newstalk saying City & Chelsea are looking at Alonso.
    He also says, the relationship between Rafa & Alonso is creating an atmosphere among the squad. If that's the case I reckon Rafa should let him go for the reported €30m to Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Some of Voronin's goals were pretty good, he definitely has good footwork and well able to run at the defence. I know people are saying that the German league is pretty crap and some of the defending in the clip was woeful but except for the 'sexy chest' goal, he definitely has confidence and ability. As somebody said, keep him if we can't sell him and free up some money for somebody else.

The sending off seemed a bit harsh. Was he on a yellow already?

Just after reading through yesterdays post, how people can talk so much about voronin beggars belief. This place is turning in to a proper little soap opera

Lol, the Vorinator is getting serious airtime the last few days alright !

Thank fook for that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Graham Hunter this morning on Newstalk saying City & Chelsea are looking at Alonso.
    He also says, the relationship between Rafa & Alonso is creating an atmosphere among the squad. If that's the case I reckon Rafa should let him go for the reported €30m to Real.

Who the fook his Graham Hunter and where does he get all this inside information?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He gets his inside info from Guillem Balague, who in turn gets his info from Tony Barrett who gets his info from BANNOR! :pac:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5447518,00.html

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano is keen to secure a move to Spain as he has grown 'tired of life in England', according to his agent.

The Argentina international is a reported target of Real Madrid and Barcelona, but the enforcer remains part of Reds manager Rafa Benitez's plans.

However, Mascherano's representative, Walter Tamer, has claimed the 25-year-old has grown unsettled in the Premier League and is eager to move abroad.

Tamer is quoted by Infobae.com as saying: "Barcelona is the easiest deal to set up as Javier wants to go to Spain. He is tired of life in England.

"His wife has not been given a permanent visa. She has to go through an odyssey each time she wants to go.

"Liverpool refuse to sell, this can be overcome with an extraordinary offer."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Agents should be on tighter leashes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agents and wives should be avoided. Nuttin but trouble.

mike65 wrote: »
    Agents and wives should be avoided. Nuttin but trouble.

Is it true that his wife can't get a visa? That seems really strange to me.

• Advertisement

I'm sure the agent isn't doing it off his own back - obviously directed to do it or he simply wouldn't be the Argies agent anymore.

Whether it is an actual attempt at a move or the trebling in wages, I agree, Wives, Girlfriends and agents should shut the fook up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

(And his sending off)

Tell ya what, regardless of the quality of the opposition, the man can finish. Couple of superb goals in there, first one in particular. I'd easily take that for a second fiddle striker.

On the Masch thing - effing agents. Someone should hang him by the testi's, and give him paper cuts to his shaft with Maschs' contract.

The sending off seemed a bit harsh. Was he on a yellow already?

It was because it was retalitory.
    He was fouled, and then lashed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

I do fear that Liverpool will lose both Alonso and Mascherano in this transfer window. That is why Benitez was on about the Barry deal after it had gone through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5447596,00.html

Ayala to get new deal apparently. SSN also publishing the Masch & Alonso stories.

slingerz wrote: »
    I do fear that Liverpool will lose both Alonso and Mascherano in this transfer window. That is why Benitez was on about the Barry deal after it had gone through

I'd be more than certain Alonso has asked to leave and his move is not motivated by cash.

I think Masch can be persuaded with a new contract though.

If Liverpool lose the 2 and with Gerrard in prison (:D) it will be a tough season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,312 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Is it true that his wife can't get a visa? That seems really strange to me.

id believe it, a mate of mine lives in england with a colombian wife and needs a visa for her to travel anywhere

Boggles wrote: »
    I'd be more than certain Alonso has asked to leave and his move is not motivated by cash.

Link?

Cyrus wrote: »
    id believe it, a mate of mine lives in england with a colombian wife and needs a visa for her to travel anywhere

They have a bit of a rep alright :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Pure bull some of the paper coverage of this. "Gerrard threw punches like a professional boxer". Yet the assault charge has been dropped. Surely if the lad was throwing punches then an assault charge would stand.

Saying that he looks a silly lad in that video. Hanging around with a bunch of wannabe hardmen me thinks.

Under UK law if you are found guilty of affray then you can be liable for a prosecution for assault.

You could stamp on a guys head and get charged for affray, but shove someone and get done for assault. It can vary widely from incident to incident.

• Advertisement

It's probably because of his sexy chest!:p

Losing Alonso and Mascherano would be a bigger blow to Liverpool than United losing Ronaldo and Tevez

Who could Liverpool to bring in to replace them? Its not like they'll be able to sign Essien and Xavi.

If Pirlo leaving Milan is true he may go some way to replacing Alonso but its a short term solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Losing Alonso and Mascherano would be a bigger blow to Liverpool than United losing Ronaldo and Tevez

If both players leave Liverpool now, at a time when the club is on the cusp of fulfilling it's promise (in before "lolz our year!"), I can wish nothing but ill-fortune and heartbreak to both for the remainder of their careers ;x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5447518,00.html

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano is keen to secure a move to Spain as he has grown 'tired of life in England', according to his agent.

The Argentina international is a reported target of Real Madrid and Barcelona, but the enforcer remains part of Reds manager Rafa Benitez's plans.

However, Mascherano's representative, Walter Tamer, has claimed the 25-year-old has grown unsettled in the Premier League and is eager to move abroad.

Tamer is quoted by Infobae.com as saying: "Barcelona is the easiest deal to set up as Javier wants to go to Spain. He is tired of life in England.

"His wife has not been given a permanent visa. She has to go through an odyssey each time she wants to go.

"Liverpool refuse to sell, this can be overcome with an extraordinary offer."

How reliable is this Infobae.com?

Damn, thought it had quitened down about Masch.

Anyway, I'm still going on what Rafa said at the press conference a couple of days ago and quoted here. I think both are going nowhere unless he gets the money he wants, because he knows how much it would take to replace them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who could Liverpool to bring in to replace them? Its not like they'll be able to sign Essien and Xavi.

If Pirlo leaving Milan is true he may go some way to replacing Alonso but its a short term solution

Like Utd have bought Messi and Drogba?

AS an aside, if the worst did come to pass, and both of them left, it would be nothing short of disastrous for any title ambitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

altogether disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

K-9 wrote: »
    How reliable is this Infobae.com?

Damn, thought it had quitened down about Masch.

Anyway, I'm still going on what Rafa said at the press conference a couple of days ago and quoted here. I think both are going nowhere unless he gets the money he wants, because he knows how much it would take to replace them.

It's Argentinian, the original story is here. There are some fairly extensive quotes so I doubt they made it all up. In addition to what SSN say, he also said that Barca would be looking to offer about 30m Euro but that LFC would be unlikely to accept that. And yes, it seems to be mainly down to the hassle of his wife getting a visa every time she comes to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

shotamoose wrote: »
    It's Argentinian, the original story is here. There are some fairly extensive quotes so I doubt they made it all up. In addition to what SSN say, he also said that Barca would be looking to offer about 30m Euro but that LFC would be unlikely to accept that. And yes, it seems to be mainly down to the hassle of his wife getting a visa every time she comes to England.

A nice big wage increase might lessen the hassle?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Link?

You want a link to my opinon?

• Advertisement

Like Utd have bought Messi and Drogba?

AS an aside, if the worst did come to pass, and both of them left, it would be nothing short of disastrous for any title ambitions.

Which is what I was saying.

Aquailini still linked with Dossena saying he would improve as a player if he were to join Liverpool. Rumours of Mark Noble from West Ham also?

The rumoured Alonso Transfer of £23 million plus Negrado with Sneidjer coming in on loan does sound like a good deal for the pool especially if they can bring in Aquailin for £16 million as well as the rumoured transfer of Ashley Young for £25 million.

But if Mascherano goes what sort of transfer deal would be acceptable enough to create a replacement??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

This summer is irritating as ****.

Robbed from another site but sums my feelings up perfectly.
    Mascherano should just come out and say.. Liverpool and Rafa Benitez rescued me and thrust me into the Champions League. Since then I have been given the captaincy of my country and have developed unbelievably as a player. For all of this I owe a huge amount to my club and manager therefore I will not be moving anywhere. My Mrs can go **** herself.

Boggles wrote: »
    You want a link to my opinon?

Here you go.

link

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This summer is irritating as ****.

Robbed from another site but sums my feelings up perfectly.

Mascherano owes nothing to Liverpool.

I don't really believe any player owes anything to a club. If the situations were reversed, the club would have no apprehension in selling.

Mascherano owes nothing to Liverpool.

I don't really believe any player owes anything to a club. If the situations were reversed, the club would have no apprehension in selling.

The two and a half years left on the contract he signed disagrees with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

oh gawd, it's all agent created nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I couldn't see both leave this summer tbh.

At worst I'd say one leaves now, then the other next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

Unearthly wrote: »
    I couldn't see both leave this summer tbh.

At worst I'd say one leaves now, then the other next summer.
    . . Surely by then Lucas will have learnt how to pass the ball to his teammates, or is that wishful thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

one major benefit to bringing in english players has to be that in the vast vast majority of cases, when they move to a big english club, they will be there until the club has had their use of them. A lot of the south american and spanish players seem to see England more as a stepping stone.

The Reds XI in full is: Cavalieri, Degen, Agger, Carragher, Insua, Kuyt, Babel, Lucas, Plessis, Ngog, Nemeth.

Subs: Reina, Gulacsi, Johnson, San Jose, El Zhar, Pacheco, Torres, Riera, Dossena, Kelly, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Spearing.

No Alonso?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The Reds XI in full is: Cavalieri, Degen, Agger, Carragher, Insua, Kuyt, Babel, Lucas, Plessis, Ngog, Nemeth.

Subs: Reina, Gulacsi, Johnson, San Jose, El Zhar, Pacheco, Torres, Riera, Dossena, Kelly, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Spearing.

No Alonso....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement