Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

killwill wrote: »
    Do you feel the same about Alonso?

In a lot of ways yes, but it's far from the same situation.
    Xabi isn't, by all accounts, under the same preassure from his wife.
    He's considered world class by most, unlike Arbeloa who's often considered average.
    If he could go to Real, and dislodge Ramos in the club and country placings, his profile would shoot up.

To be honest I see it this way.

I'd hate to see Alonso leave.
    But if he wants to go, and doesn't try and engineer a cheaper deal for Real, again I won't bregrudge him.

I think Xabi is the consumate profesional.
    If we got £32,000,000 for him, I'd be upset, but I'd wish him well.

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    5440_106084409138_633784138_2169600_8111728_n.jpg

Must be Nemeth's boat.

(I'll get my coat.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Liverpool team in full for the match today against Singapore: Cavalieri, Degen, Carragher, Agger, San Jose, Babel, Mascherano, Lucas, Benayoun, Voronin, Ngog.

Substitutes: Johnson, Plessis, Torres, Riera, Pacheco, Dossena, Gulacsi, Insua, Alonso, Kelly, Arbeloa, Kuyt, Reina, Spearing, Nemeth.

Alonso is on the bench :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Fergie still blathering on about something from a few months ago :D
    "I have never said a word about him [Benitez]," the Manchester United manager told The Observer. "The only time I responded was when he made that gesture with Sam Allardyce.

"There was no doubt he was doing that. Liverpool were too quick to come out and respond that he was signalling they should take a free-kick a different way. That was bollocks. Absolute bollocks."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Demented he is demented. :pac:

Good to see Alonso both aparently happy enough and on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

spockety wrote: »

And Fergie has also done a Rafa by claiming their rivals are a small club
    "It's City isn't it?" said Ferguson. "They are a small club with a small mentality".

Can anyone else recall Fergie and his lapdog Sam's rant about Rafa calling Everton a small club??

Good ol' Fergie.....hypocrisy, thy name is you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

spockety wrote: »

Im guessing that he was asked a direct question and gave his answer rather than just coming out with this out of the blue.

It didnt really work out too badly for him did it? Going on to win the league! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Here is a new scarf you can pick up from the HJC for 6 pound,its quality.

indexphpactiondlattacht.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

K, Agger at left back today. What is the story with Dosenna? Is it fair to say that he is defo on his way out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Im guessing that he was asked a direct question and gave his answer rather than just coming out with this out of the blue.

It didnt really work out too badly for him did it? Going on to win the league! :D

They won the league after a comment he made today? First i've heard.

• Advertisement

Even the year Utd got relegated they won the league apparently.

Well, after what seems like a week of Ferguson or Man United players talking about Man City, the press would be retarded to mention anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

pep guardiola (almost) ruling out a move for mascherano

vid: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid13706332001?bctid=30684657001

basicly just saying masch is a great player at a great club and benitez is a great coach and doesnt want to sell. great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Xabi Alonso is coming on in the next few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

3-0 up; Voronin, Riera and Nemeth so far.

Something to watch in a little while :)

Match spoiler.
    4-0, Torres!

And again.
    5-0, Nemeth. Kuyt has 3 assists!

Look forward to watching lter.

The Dirk on about 10 mins and has 3 assists already.

Pacheco is playing extremely well again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The Dirk on about 10 mins and has 3 assists already.

Unbelievable stuff from him, the lastest little dink ball was sublime and then the back heel to Torres.

Pacheco is playing extremely well again

Both him and Nemeth have looked extremely impressive

Opr

They won the league after a comment he made today? First i've heard.

I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant but in future ill post a second comment after just for you SIR!
    Well, after what seems like a week of Ferguson or Man United players talking about Man City, the press would be retarded to mention anything else.

Again, they're being asked all week about whats going on at city. Rio for example was ASKED questions. They are not coming out with these things out of the blue.

There will come a time when fergie will get bored of talking about them and just say so.

Anyway, wayyyy of topic but if you want to discuss the greatest manager of all time come over to the Utd thread!

opr wrote: »
    Both him and Nemeth have looked extremely impressive

Nemeth has been good alright but I still think he is someway off getting into the first team.

Pacheco, for me anyway, seems to be a fair bit ahead in terms of development in terms of making space for himself, maintaining possession and choosing passes. Also seems to have quite a bit of pace and is a lot stronger than his build would suggest. He seems to be playing a fair bit deeper than I would have seen him previously play but seems to be completely comfortable doing so. If I am honest, he looks a lot lot more composed than Spearing, Plessis or even Lucas have in pre-season.

I am thinking that we may see him quite a bit in the first team next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Was the match on the web site only, or on the T.V. channel and is it likely to be aired later on today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Was the match on the web site only, or on the T.V. channel and is it likely to be aired later on today..

Should be on LFC TV right now. Second half is well worth watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant but in future ill post a second comment after just for you SIR!

Again, they're being asked all week about whats going on at city. Rio for example was ASKED questions. They are not coming out with these things out of the blue.

There will come a time when fergie will get bored of talking about them and just say so.

Anyway, wayyyy of topic but if you want to discuss the greatest manager of all time come over to the Utd thread!

But bill shankley managed liverpool.... why would we discuss him there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

K, Agger at left back today. What is the story with Dosenna? Is it fair to say that he is defo on his way out?

With a bita luck - decent crosser of the ball but he offers absolutely nothing defensively - 'Pool are in talks with Napoli over him

Just watched the game, stodgy first half gave way to a much more fluent second as the big guns were introduced. Kuyt terrific form, Nemeth took his goals well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

PLEASE keep Mascherano, I was just thinking about how he is exactly the DMF that Barca do not need......

Happy to do so!

I know it was only a friendly, but the fact that Dirk gives 100% in every match, proves to me even more that he's the best right winger in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i agree 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

good stuff from the lads today by the sounds of things. is there a site where i could watch the highlights that you would recomend? or will they be on skysports news maybe?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

101greatgoals usually has the goals quick enough. has todays anyway.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    But bill shankley managed liverpool.... why would we discuss him there?

:rolleyes:

You sure showed me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

latest rafa quotes on alonso:
    "It's a question that you have to ask him,"

"Honestly, we've been talking about this for two months but I think that it is a question for him and not for us.

"He has three years on his contract and we know he is a great player - that's why we signed him and renewed his contract. So you have to ask him."

seems to be in keeping with the more reliable sources saying rafa wants xabi to go public to get this move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

nice goals, i really like what the comentators said about dirk

unselfishness and awareness.

what a hero. good to see him adapting so well to playing on the wing

You sure showed me....

Obviously so, what with you being here in the Liverpool thread.

el rabitos wrote: »
    latest rafa quotes on alonso:
    "It's a question that you have to ask him,"

"Honestly, we've been talking about this for two months but I think that it is a question for him and not for us.

"He has three years on his contract and we know he is a great player - that's why we signed him and renewed his contract. So you have to ask him."

seems to be in keeping with the more reliable sources saying rafa wants xabi to go public to get this move.

I simply think he's washing his hands on this.
    He doesn't want Xabi to go, but he knows that if he wants to, and Real are willing to pay, that Alonso will be gone.
    He just wants to make sure the media don't make up another stick to beat him with.
    As some have already tried.

I fooking love Dirk Kuyt !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I simply think he's washing his hands on this.
    He doesn't want Xabi to go, but he knows that if he wants to, and Real are willing to pay, that Alonso will be gone.
    He just wants to make sure the media don't make up another stick to beat him with.
    As some have already tried.

Ah, hang on. You are making it sound like he has nothing to do with it. This all started because Rafa tried to sell him last summer.....publicly. Obviously, Real wants him now. And most players would jump at the chance. But Alonso was pissed off long before the Galacticos were reborn. This mess is of his own making and blaming the media is just passing the buck. If Alonso leaves, liverpool have lost an important player. And its partly Rafas fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

jebidiah wrote: »
    good stuff from the lads today by the sounds of things. is there a site where i could watch the highlights that you would recomend? or will they be on skysports news maybe?
    If you haven't found them already, the highlights can be watched here.

Looks like Kuyt had a great game. Good movement and good passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,312 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

er was responding to some comment thats been deleted never mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Kirby wrote: »
    Ah, hang on. You are making it sound like he has nothing to do with it. This all started because Rafa tried to sell him last summer.....publicly. Obviously, Real wants him now. And most players would jump at the chance. But Alonso was pissed off long before the Galacticos were reborn. This mess is of his own making and blaming the media is just passing the buck. If Alonso leaves, liverpool have lost an important player. And its partly Rafas fault.

You seem to be good mates with Xabi any chance of asking him for anautograph for me next time you're having a chinwag with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Here's the goals for anybody who didn't see them:

Kirby wrote: »
    Ah, hang on. You are making it sound like he has nothing to do with it. This all started because Rafa tried to sell him last summer.....publicly. Obviously, Real wants him now. And most players would jump at the chance. But Alonso was pissed off long before the Galacticos were reborn. This mess is of his own making and blaming the media is just passing the buck. If Alonso leaves, liverpool have lost an important player. And its partly his fault.

Ahhm, no.

All this started because Xabi was playing well within himself for two years.
    You think that Rafa would have listened to offers for Xabi if he had been playing as he is now?

You can't blame Rafa for been willing to sell him, and wash Xabi's hands of his poor form.
    If as a lot of people suggest, Rafa wanteing to sell him, spurned Xabi on to his great form, then maybe that's not the kind of player we need.
    I want players who want to give 100% for the team, all the time.
    Not ones that only play well to prove a point.
    Now personaly I just think that Xabi was just off form, and suffering from the lingering injuries.

Luckily for us, Rafa, and Xabi, he wasn't sold.
    Cause we and Rafa got his performances last year, and Xabi is once again thought of as one of the best in the world, after two years slipping down the rankings so to speak.

All this crap about it being Rafa's fault is BS.
    Rafa was willing to listen to reasonable offers, for an underperforming player.
    Stop acting like he was trying to sell our best player for £3.50.
    £18,000,000 in last years money was reasonable for a player playing as Xabi was.
    When Juve wouldn't stump that up, Rafa told them to fup off.

Rafa has now come out about two dozen times and said Xabi is not for sale.
    That he doesn't want him to go, but that if the player insists, he will sell him for £30,000,000 or so.

What more can he say?
    Do you want him to tie Xabi to the wall at Anfield?

If Xabi wants to go, and Real are willing to pay, Rafa will have no choice but to sell.
    That is all Rafa is saying.

Xabi signed a conract that ties him to Liverpool for 3 more years.
    Liverpool don't want to sell him, so if Xabi wants togo the ball is in his court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Nice to see Dirk wearing the Captains armband too.

Barnes On Babel
    John Barnes has backed Ryan Babel to take the Barclays Premier League by storm next season.
    The Dutch star capped an impressive start to pre-season with a goal in Wednesday's 1-1 draw with Thailand and the Reds legend believes Babel has all the attributes to have a big say in Liverpool's quest for title number 19.

"Ryan is a fantastic player," Barnes told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"What we need to do is find how to get the best out of him because getting the right environment which suits the players is the most important thing.

"He is a great player and if we can find the right blend and formation for him to show us what he can do I believe he can be one of the best players in the Premier League.

"You look at what Liverpool achieved coming so close last year and it just goes to show what a great job Rafa has done at the club. We want to have a serious challenge year in year out and hopefully this next season will be the one."

Barnes was also keen to praise Benitez's decision to add Kenny Dalglish to his staff and believes the Scot's return is great news for everyone at the club.

"It's fantastic. Kenny is Liverpool through and through and he has so much to offer the club in so many different ways," he said.

"It will give everyone at the club a boost, not least the fans. More importantly I think Liverpool feel they can get great value out of Kenny and he wouldn't be here otherwise."

I've been impressed with Babel in the lst two games.

Nice to see Dirk wearing the Captains armband too.

After Stevie and Carra, he is the leader on the pitch all right.
    Great to see him rewarded.

• Advertisement

You seem to be good mates with Xabi any chance of asking him for anautograph for me next time you're having a chinwag with him.

Yeh because the fact that he was unhappy was a closely guarded secret. Only his mates knew. Also, The fact that Ronaldo wanted to move to Real madrid was a secret too. See, only his mates knew.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement