Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    he did it a lot less last season at least, think its getting reserved for special occasions now, like Crouch's robot is.

Ah the memories

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

You havent quite mastered the internet yet, eh ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,311 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

IrishMike wrote: »
    Ah the memories

:D

white boxes FTW :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Mr Alan wrote: »
    No, he has to get rid of that ****e

I wouldn't mind seeing it 20 times a year as long as it's in a red shirt :)

The interweb hates me :D
    Fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

IrishMike wrote: »
    Seriously mate not quite sure what bee flew into your bonnet today but
    you are insinuating that i have talked about Barry non stop in this thread
    for 6 weeks. Thats bull to say the least. I have talked about at least 20
    players in that time and gave links and sources to every story to stimulate
    some sort of a debate. You could have contributed to any one of those
    stories so instead of whinging that this place is stagnant and not like the
    good old days, how about voicing an opinion once in a while on topics outside
    of Garreth Barry.
    You shouldnt have to look far as i have posted about 4 different stories about
    players we have been linked to today alone! :(

You asked and I answered :D

I am not whinging that the place has become stagnant. If anything, I am complaining that too many people are posting the same thing over and over with the same points and arguments being made over and over again.

Anyway, apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I agree with Irish Mike (or is it Frank now?!!:p) on this, Queresma thing.

I just hate diving players, no matter their quality, not that I see an abundance of quality in Queresma.

If we do sign him, nothing would make me happier than being wrong, but I just don't like what I've seen at all.

As for all the complaints about Keanes celebration.

He hasn't done it in over a year, has said that he doesn't do it any more, and when asked about it by a journalist, said that he'll only bring it out of retirement if he scored in the League Cup final.
    Which he didn't.

Happy now?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Are we allowed to give score updates in here for pre season friendlies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

yes

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

After 15 mins its 1-1. Liverpool took the lead through Lucas only to hold onto it for less that 2 mins. Not a bad first 15 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

thanks mike 2-1 now lucas again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Was it not Voronin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Smegball wrote: »
    Was it not Voronin!

It was actually doh!

• Advertisement

Either way it must have been fluke! :p /starts watching again.

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

is this on anywhere else apart from justin.tv??

I thought all the pre season games were meant to be on on lfc tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Pacheco looks fairly lively...I'd say the lad got a good future ahead of him

Sergio Aguero, 20, has ruled out the possibility of a move to Chelsea or Manchester United by insisting he wants to stay at Atletico Madrid "for one or two years more" (1943 BST Press Association).

Good, if we aint getting him i definitely dont want Chelsea or United getting him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

I dont care if Voronin scores 20 goals in pre season,the guy isnt Liverpool standard.Get rid

• Advertisement

Good all around play by HHH and a well taken goal.
    Still think he'll impress this seasson.

Pacheo did well.

So then 2-1 win, with a largely reserve team for much of the game. Kuyt got a brief run out towards the end as it Masch (dunno why Rafa bothers with either him or Lucas as hes just getting them fit for for the Olympics :( ).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

mike65 wrote: »
    (dunno why Rafa bothers with either him or Lucas as hes just getting them fit for for the Olympics :( ).

better to have them in top condition before going so they'll be less likely to pick up an injury.

gixerfixer wrote: »
    I dont care if Voronin scores 20 goals in pre season,the guy isnt Liverpool standard.Get rid

:rolleyes:

So sad.

The guy scores 5 goals with 9 assists in 13 games, as a fourth choice striker, in his first season in a new country, playing out of position, and breaking his leg halfway through the season, but he's not good enough.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not one of the bandwagon who bark on about Alonso being injured last season, so we shouldn't be critical of him.
    Voronin started less games than Alonso, but got more goals and assists.
    (And yes I know that Voronin is a forward, but how many forwards get more than one assist every two games?!!)

I don't give a flying f**k how bad Voronin's hair is (which seems to be most peoples problem with him), he's definitely more than good enough to be our fourth/fifth choice striker, and I'm really looking forward to shoving all of these vile filled quotes down peoples throats when he proves it in a few months.

Edit: Sorry got my assists wrong.
    Meant to say 4 assists, and that he got twice as many as Xabi.

(It was also 6 goals in all competitions, but who's counting!;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I don't give a flying f**k how bad Voronin's hair is (which seems to be most peoples problem with him), he's definitely more than good enough to be our fourth/fifth choice striker, and I'm really looking forward to shoving all of these vile filled quotes down peoples throats when he proves it in a few months.

I must say I'm not a fan of Voronin, but have to agree it's pretty sad alright the problem some have with his hair. Compare it to Keanes 'celebration' when he scores, couldn't give two fecks, I'll still be cheering when Voronin scores or Keane for that matter ;).

/Edit: Had to laugh though at the headline http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/last_match/match_report/index.htm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

The game was live on Channel 5, as is the game on Saturday. Channel 5 must still have time left on whatever deal they did to show Liverpool pre-season games, they've showed a number of them live over the last few years. LFCTV will show a replay of the full game the following day.

Pacheco played really well up front, lacked a finish as he had a couple of excellent changes he should have put away, but was a constant threat.

Good to see the forgotten man Leto playing again, wonder is his visa stuff sorted out.

And ............. Voronin looked excellent, had a really good game, he looked a steal for a free transfer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Pacheco played really well up front, lacked a finish as he had a couple of excellent changes he should have put away, but was a constant threat.
    How does Pacheco measure up physically? I haven't seen him yet myself but I've been told he's quite small.

Quick warning.
    The Liverpool goals ae down bellow incase you don't wanna see them for some reason.

Lucas

Great play by Pacheco.
    What a pass.

Voronin

Great finish.

LMFAO!!!

:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Andriy, what a goal :eek:

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Andriy, what a goal :eek:

Think that was a good finish.
    Seen this?

I still think he can do this in a Liverpool jersey this season.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

he's small yea.
    doesn't matter a **** a though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

From the BBC this morning;
    Liverpool are edging closer to signing Robbie Keane and will submit an improved bid for the Tottenham striker after making him their top priority. (Various)

To add to that, on the radio this morning, reports Rafa is sick of the Barry saga[as we all are at this stage], and is making Robbie his number 1 target \o/.
    Reports also say Robbie has told friends, he expects to be a Liverpool player by the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Barry has picked up a foot injury that will keep him out of training for a week.

O'Neill wasn't at training yesterday, so they have yet to cross paths, it would seem.

Supposedly, Liverpool's continued interest in Barry was reliant on him returning to training, as they don't want to sign an unfit player so close to the season kick-off.

I'll be delighted if we turn our attention to Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Keane instead of GB with Alonso staying?

I'd be happy with that. Wondered if Keane would be suited to us a while back; for all his fail or whatever with Ireland, he always seemed to do well in Eng.

Nice to see what he can do upfront for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Voronin has bags of talent and when he has the time and the space he can do wonders, IIRC he had a brilliant pre-season last year as well and scored a couple of nice goals early on. The difficulty is that the standard of the defenders he meets week in week out in the Premiership is that bit higher so he tends to have to hurry a bit, loses his composure and fluffs it. If he could keep his head a bit more he would do better but he certainly has the ability to be a back up squad player.

Keane in, Alonso staying, no Barry. All sounds good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Voronin has bags of talent and when he has the time and the space he can do wonders, IIRC he had a brilliant pre-season last year as well and scored a couple of nice goals early on. The difficulty is that the standard of the defenders he meets week in week out in the Premiership is that bit higher so he tends to have to hurry a bit, loses his composure and fluffs it. If he could keep his head a bit more he would do better but he certainly has the ability to be a back up squad player.

Keane in, Alonso staying, no Barry. All sounds good to me!

^^+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Voronin restored Liverpool's lead on 36 minutes with a 16-yard lob. It was the kind of audacity that Manchester City would pay upward of £25million for.
    Who says the Liverpool website doesn't give impartial match reports :p

Watched some highlights on the site and Pacheco may be small but he's strong enough and can pick a pass. The pass for Lucas' goal reminded me of Luis Garcia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

He's only 17 as well.

Vorinin looked really sharp pre-season last year as well, he's not a bad player, and I don't really understand the abuse he gets.

He'll probably never get a run of games, and it's always difficult to see a bit part strikers contribution when they don't score every game. Saying that his record isn't bad, and I'd be more than happy to have him play in cup games or against weaker teams in the prem.

Keane in, Alonso staying, no Barry. All sounds good to me too!

• Advertisement

Rafa should pair Voro and Pacheco for the league cup and see what happens

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Ramos preparing Spurs fans for the inevitable...?

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/17/Prem-Ramos-on-Berba-and-Keane/
    Tottenham manager Juande Ramos has admitted he is in the dark as to whether Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov will remain at the club.

Berbatov has been strongly linked to Manchester United, while Keane is the subject of interest from Liverpool.

Ramos has admitted the pair are hugely influential figures at the North London club, but he has given no assurances as to whether they will be Tottenham players in the new season.

“We’re going to see how this ends, but we’re speaking about two very important footballers,” Ramos told AS.

“For the moment they are with us but whatever happens our plan is to have a good squad with a potential that helps us to do better than last year.”

When asked about his objectives for next season, Ramos said Spurs will try and fight for a top-four finish.

The former Sevilla boss reckons his club will continue to sign youngsters and is ready to sell some senior players.

He added: “We’ve to be realistic, see where we start from and who are going to compete with us.

“Important clubs have been spending a lot of money for years and have a certain advantage, that’s why they say they want to sign our players.

“Obviously we understand there’s a top four composed of Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, who are the ones that qualified for the Champions League in the last few years and challenging them is very complicated.

“Our aim is to finish in this top four but we are aware of the fact it’s difficult and that other teams will fight for the same goal.

“At Tottenham we have had a clear philosophy regarding buying and selling for years. You need to understand that this club is in the transfer market, a company that needs to debrief at the end of the financial year.

“The idea is signing young players, promising and talented ones, and if important offers for older players are made, studying it to see what is the best for the club.”

mike65 wrote: »
    Rafa should pair Voro and Pacheco for the league cup and see what happens

Mike.

Don't forget Nemeth.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Robbie Keane isn't even that great of a buy for liverpool. Lets face it he is fairly old. The main reason Liverpool want him is because they want to have an Irish player on the team at all times to keep the Irish fanbase up and Steve Finnan isn't going to be first team all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,311 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ajeffares wrote: »
    Robbie Keane isn't even that great of a buy for liverpool. Lets face it he is fairly old. The main reason Liverpool want him is because they want to have an Irish player on the team at all times to keep the Irish fanbase up and Steve Finnan isn't going to be first team all season.

yeah, they are gonna spend 20m on him and pay 70k a week to keep irish fans happy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Cyrus wrote: »
    yeah, they are gonna spend 20m on him and pay 70k a week to keep irish fans happy :rolleyes:

That is a lot of the reason. If I was rafa and had 20m to spend on a striker I wouldn't of got him!! Would you?

That has got to be the dumbest theory I've read on this and any previous Liverpool super thread. :D

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

That is a lot of the reason. If I was rafa and had 20m to spend on a striker I wouldn't of got him!! Would you?

name another proven premier league striker we could buy for £20m ?
    maybe santa cruz but hes only had 1 good season. keane has had many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Do you honestly think Rafa gives a fcuk about trying to keep the irish fanbase happy with an Irish player, or that the Irish fans would be unhappy if there was no irish player? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

It might be a slight added bonus, but its not part of the reason, I feel. The main parts of the reason:

1. Used to playing (successfully) in the Premier League.
    2. Scores alot.
    3. Creates a lot.
    4. Footballing intelligence.

Not necessarily in that order, but "being irish to keep/get fanbase" isn't part of the reason, though it is a benefit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement