Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

I just hope to god we dont sign both.

Could do with both on tonights performance!!

Babel to be a world great in the next year or two?? He wont be a world great at soccer anyway has the worst touch of any pro footballer i've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

slingerz wrote: »
    Could do with both on tonights performance!!

Babel to be a world great in the next year or two?? He wont be a world great at soccer anyway has the worst touch of any pro footballer i've ever seen

No, Kuyt does, fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Don't exaggerate anyway! :rolleyes:

Shamrok wrote: »
    Don't exaggerate anyway! :rolleyes:

he has been lauded for this by a few on here. see the Babel v Nani thread. I wouldnt have him on my team down the park on a sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

and the good news continues....

gerrard having groin op tomorrow
    Liverpool's progress to the Champions League group stage has come at a cost after Rafael Benitez revealed the news that Steven Gerrard will undergo an operation on his groin on Thursday.
    The Reds boss admitted it was a blow to lose his skipper but is hopeful he will make a speedy recovery after he played the full 120 minutes of Liverpool's extra-time win at home to Standard Liege.

"I'm disappointed because Gerrard will have an operation tomorrow," he said.

"He has a groin problem. We knew it could be like this and I was surprised when I was reading some of the newspapers saying he has to play and has to start but he had a problem and now he will have an operation and will be out for 10-15 days.

"It isn't too much because he needs to have it because he is having pain with it. When he went with the national team we knew he had a problem and in the first-leg too.

"I was talking with the doctor yesterday and today we talked with him. He said he would play with pain and after it he would have an operation.

"He knew he had to keep going tonight because he was having the operation tomorrow."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

he has been lauded for this by a few on here. see the Babel v Nani thread. I wouldnt have him on my team down the park on a sunday

you wouldnt have a player who was one of the top rated young talents in Europe last year in your team playing ball in the local park?

The same lad who was the best player in Europe at the last U21 championships?

the same lad who moved to Liverpool for in excess of £10m and has scored over 10 goals in his first year?

the same guy who scored in Champions League QF against Arsenal, and a Champions League Semi-final against Chelsea?

This lad wouldnt make it onto your team in a kick about on the park?

were you dropped on your head as a child? or are you just as much of an idiot as you sound?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Well with Gerrard out, what do we do?

GK
    D D D D
    Masch Alonso
    Kuyt Keane Babel
    Torres

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

el rabitos wrote: »
    and the good news continues....

gerrard having groin op tomorrow

Only two weeks before the Manchester game too. Still, the team needs a good shake-up; thankfully Lucas and Mascherano are back for Villa. Perhaps using Gerrard as an impact sub against Manchester United would be an effective tactic. Ronaldo should be just about back at that time too for them.

I'd like to see (preferably in pre-season!) Masch -Alonso - Lucas tried out, and see if the lads rise to Gerrard's absence.
    Pepe
    Back 4
    Masch
    Babel-Alonso-Lucas-Riera*
    Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,733 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you wouldnt have a player who was one of the top rated young talents in Europe last year in your team playing ball in the local park?

the same lad who moved to Liverpool for in excess of £10m and has scored over 10 goals in his first year?

the same guy who scored in Champions League QF against Arsenal, and a Champions League Semi-final against Chelsea?

were you dropped on your head as a child? or are you just as much of an idiot as you sound?

Well maybe the guy they have out on the wing has a good first touch. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

spockety wrote: »
    Well with Gerrard out, what do we do?

GK
    D D D D
    Masch Alonso
    Kuyt Keane Babel
    Torres

?
    Bring in two players, one for the right and one for the left. Even Finnan would have been a better option tonight than Kuyt imo. I don't know if he is injured or anything but I'd still have him on one leg ahead of Kuyt.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

it'll be very touch and go to see if gerrard will be back for the utd game, but tbh we'll play more as a team without him, not saying we're better without it - just saying we play as a unit more effectively with gerrard not in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

in fairness babel has had no pre-season worth talking about, he has played in that waste of time olympic torno on the other side of the world which is no preparation for a match like tonight, it will be 2 months before he is anywhere close to full fitness now, same with masch :mad: babels commitment tonight should be questioned though, you would not see a man utd, chelsea or arsenal player not bother when the ball is five yards from you.

on the pitch as expected liege were terrific all night, liverpool on the other hand have big big problems, seriously keane has been awful so far, i shook my head when rafa paid £18m for him and he looks as lost at liverpool as he did at leeds. i suppose it could be worse liverpool might have spent another £18m on another 28 year old WITHOUT any european experience in Barry :rolleyes: on a positive note i thought alonso played well especially in the second half, arbeloa defended and came forward to good effect, el zhar looked good when he came on, he deserves a run in the team imo

i did lol at the commentary on rte during the game, stuff like "this will be belgian footballs finest result in europe ever if they go through" and "liege will become the first belgians to qualify for the group stages", people who work for rte must not have heard of the likes of brugges and anderlecht it seems, either that or they are stupid ;)

rossie1977 wrote: »
    in fairness babel has had no pre-season worth talking about, he has played in that waste of time olympic torno on the other side of the world which is no preparation for a match like tonight, it will be 2 months before he is anywhere close to full fitness now, same with masch :mad: babels commitment tonight should be questioned though, you would not see a man utd, chelsea or arsenal player not bother when the ball is five yards from you.

this is nonsense.

Babel has been playing in a competitive tournament for the last month, fitness/match fitness is no excuse.

and seconly, as for the utd/chelsea players are never lazy....you have to be joking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone think Reira would offer less width than we have as of tonight?

With Gerrard out someone will have to dig out that stat which showed that in 2005 (?) Liverpool won more points without Gerrard playing.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Terrible performance. :mad:
    But on the plus side, Kuyt scored, can only be good for his confidence. El-Zhar looked good, could be this seasons regular sub similar to Babel last season. Would definetly like to see him given a few more chances to shine.
    And the biggest plus, we're through. Not sure we deserve it but football is not about what you deserve but what you achieve.
    Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

zing wrote: »
    Can't remember where I read it but it basically said he couldn't travel today and that Reira was expected to travel back with him tomorrow. But TB has just rubished the later part of that anyway and I can't find the first bit - thought it was in The Times last night but can't find the article now.

Found it - it was from Guillem Balague yesterday. And this evening he says that Rafa pushed Rick into traveling today after all and that Rick spent the evening concluding talks over dinner in a nice fancy restaurant in Barcelona. Says the price is €10m which ties in with the approx £8m price quoted elsewhere.

I wonder did he do a stand up show afterwards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

lauded means praised.

And anyway, christ give him a bit of a break will ya? He didn't have much of a preseason after getting injured for all of Euro2008, then was rushed off to the Olympics when he clearly wasn't fully fit, had to play a number of games in quick succession and then fly home from china. how about a little perspective? What he needs is to get plenty of training and keeping playing the last 20 - 30mins of matches to bring him up to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Babel has been playing in a competitive tournament for the last month, fitness/match fitness is no excuse.

and seconly, as for the utd/chelsea players are never lazy....you have to be joking?

football at the olympics competitive :D its less competitive than a training session :pac: at least some tackles fly in during training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The timing of this operation for Gerrard has obviously been well-worked by Rafa.

Gerrard plays through the pain barrier when our Olympians are away, but as soon as they're back and there's an international window coming up, he sends him off for the op.

10-15 days later, he'll be back and raring to go. I'd say he'll start the United game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

football at the olympics competitive :D its less competitive than a training session :pac: at least some tackles fly in during training

its as simple as this - you are wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I saw all of the USA games and on the basis of those games your post is as accurate as claiming 2 + 2 = 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cant we all just get along? The Oylmpics is great (well the swimming and running is anyway).

The standard of football cant but improve in the coming weeks so hopeflly more wins re on the way but with more goals.

BTW 11,000th post (mine), yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

mayordenis wrote: »
    it'll be very touch and go to see if gerrard will be back for the utd game, but tbh we'll play more as a team without him, not saying we're better without it - just saying we play as a unit more effectively with gerrard not in the team.

Gerard usually doesn't produce the goods in Liverpool Utd games as far as I remember. Certainly the last couple of years anyway. Has he scored v Utd or does he has Ian Rush syndrome ? Think Rush got a goal in one of his last games v Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,318 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Gerard usually doesn't produce the goods in Liverpool Utd games as far as I remember. Certainly the last couple of years anyway. Has he scored v Utd or does he has Ian Rush syndrome ? Think Rush got a goal in one of his last games v Utd.

hmm are we forgetting 'that' goal against them??

Cyrus wrote: »
    hmm are we forgetting 'that' goal against them??

Must admit I did forget it. nice goal. Maybe I was watching it through my fingers ;)

• Advertisement

The same lad that fell over with his first touch last saturday.

The same lad that rolled around the ground without being touched last night with his manager screaming at him to get up.

Th same lad who, rather than providing width, clogged everthing up by going inside all the time

The same lad that lost the ball on countless occasions

Give me Milner or Riera any day of the week and neither if them are world beaters

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Th same lad who, rather than providing width, clogged everthing up by going inside all the time

Can you remind me who had the assist for the goal last night, and where on the pitch it was that the delivery ball came in from?

Lads this is not productive. I'll judge Babel once his season is properly under way, it isn't yet (and no the Olympics don't count, thats world unto itself).

With Gerrard out for Villa. I'd drop Yossi in (its where he is best)

Reina
    Arbeloa--Carra--Agger--Aurelio/Dossena
    Masch
    Kuyt
    Yossi----Babel
    Keane-Torres

GK, Skrtel, Alonso, Aurelio/Dossena, Ngog, El Zhar, Riera (if he is signed)

I'm assuming Finnan/Pennant and Voronin are "persona non grata" at this stage

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

The same lad that fell over with his first touch last saturday.

The same lad that rolled around the ground without being touched last night with his manager screaming at him to get up.

The same lad that lost the ball on countless occasions

Give me Milner or Riera any day of the week and neither if them are world beaters

Ummm. Who provided the cross for the goal last night? Oh thats right....But of course your right. Babel is muck. In fact every player Rafa has signed is muck :rolleyes:

wrong thread Redspider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,318 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

redspider wrote: »
    I think Rafa was under a fair bit of pressure and he let that show with his tanglings with the Liege manager. A calm and in-control manager should not get so emotionally involved. Leave that to Sammy Lee! Benitez was pacing up and down the line from the start of the match. For my liking, the bench areas are too close in most of the stadia and create problems.

rafa paces the touchline every game for about 60% of the time :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

mike65 wrote: »
    With Gerrard out for Villa. I'd drop Yossi in (its where he is best)

Reina
    Arbeloa--Carra--Agger--Aurelio/Dossena
    Masch
    Kuyt
    Yossi----Babel
    Keane-Torres

GK, Skrtel, Alonso, Aurelio/Dossena, Ngog, El Zhar, Riera (if he is signed)

I'm assuming Finnan/Pennant and Voronin are "persona non grata" at this stage

I dont think Rafa will play 4-1-3-2. If he did play a 4-2-3-1, with Alonso and Masch in the 2, he is likely to play Kuyt in the cente of the 3. This is where he was played last night. Or even Robbie K. Yes, Benni could play there and do 'a job', but I think we have better options and perhaps Rafa does too.

Alonso is also likely to start and I think he will stick with a 4-4-2, so Masch and Alonso in the 2 centre midfield roles.

I wonder will Dossena get his role back? He was clearly dropped for last nights match. Rafa may put him back on for the Villa match.

As for Finnan, Pennant, Voronin being "persona non grata", I think there is a case of that. Maybe some of them will be sold before the transfer deadline closes. I think if all 3 are still here after Sep 1st, then he is likely to give Pennant a few runs out. I fear he may have decided himself to stick with Arbeloa and barring a headed own goal fluff ala Riise, he will stick with him. That could mean Steve F being "relegated to the cup (League Cup, FA Cup) matches only. Voronin (if still here) is sort of insurance if both Torres and Keane get injured, and of course for the cup matches. Its a bit like Liverpool have an A team and a B team in the squad.

Redspider

Cyrus wrote: »
    rafa paces the touchline every game for about 60% of the time :confused:

He doesnt pace up and down the line the same amount of time in all matches, indeed in some he is relaxed sitting back for most of the match. Last night he was up from more or less the 1st minute, shouting out instructions. Clearly there was more pressure in this big money game than most. I'm sure the differnce will be noticeable in the Villa match.

I didnt watch a cam on him though, nor do I for any match, so this is what it seemed to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Honestly, there's been some sh!te talked in this thread and in the Champs League match thread. Some people hate seeing Liverpool win so much that they become bitter and have to start making jibes and end up making fools of themselves.
    I don't think any Liverpool supporter is claiming that we've played well so far this season. But during the summer, when we're bringing players in, i'm thinking the immediate task is to start turning those stupid draws that cost us title challenges into wins.
    The season has started and we should have been knocked out of the Champions League, but we won.
    We should have drawn with Sunderland, but we won.
    We should lost to Boro, but we won.
    Then people are saying yeah, yeah, but if you keep playing like that, your 'luck' will run out eventually. Do people actually think we're gonna keep playing like that??
    I just can't wait til we get Masch back, maybe go back to the formation from last season and actually start playing well. When we do, our Champions League place and the six points out of six will seem even more valuable!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I wonder will Dossena get his role back? He was clearly dropped for last nights match. Rafa may put him back on for the Villa match.

I really hope so, he impressed me a lot when going forward, especially the first 20 minutes against Boro until the clash of heads.

I personally think he is exactly what we need, a go forward full back who is attack rather than defence orientated. He may cost us a few goals, but we can afford a few losses instead of draws as long as we turn more draws into wins also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

I know its very early days, but is anyone thinking the Keane - Torres partership is going to be a problem? They just don't seem to Gel, run into similar spaces. Even where they can get in each others way. What you reckon?

JimiTime wrote: »
    I know its very early days, but is anyone thinking the Keane - Torres partership is going to be a problem? They just don't seem to Gel, run into similar spaces. Even where they can get in each others way. What you reckon?

To early to tell

I'd give it some time. People said the same about Rooney/Tevez when Tevez joined. making the same runs/getting in others way. It took a few weeks but good players make it work. Saying that I hope it doesn't work ;)

monkey9 wrote: »
    Honestly, there's been some sh!te talked in this thread and in the Champs League match thread. Some people hate seeing Liverpool win so much that they become bitter and have to start making jibes and end up making fools of themselves.
    I don't think any Liverpool supporter is claiming that we've played well so far this season. But during the summer, when we're bringing players in, i'm thinking the immediate task is to start turning those stupid draws that cost us title challenges into wins.
    The season has started and we should have been knocked out of the Champions League, but we won.
    We should have drawn with Sunderland, but we won.
    We should lost to Boro, but we won.
    Then people are saying yeah, yeah, but if you keep playing like that, your 'luck' will run out eventually. Do people actually think we're gonna keep playing like that??
    I just can't wait til we get Masch back, maybe go back to the formation from last season and actually start playing well. When we do, our Champions League place and the six points out of six will seem even more valuable!

Agreed. There is way to much bitterness on the Liverpool thread. We are not playing well but i think the thing that is annoying fans of other teams is the fact we are winning whilst not playing well. Thats a good thing for the club and imo is an excellent sign that the team is improving.

Fcuk the begrudgers etc.

ike.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mike65 wrote: »
    Fcuk the begrudgers etc.

ike.

well said Ike!

:D

Emki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Hate to say it but we are the most annoying fuc##ng fans in the world.

Crisis,what crisis,we are level on points with Chelsea,into the champions league and ahead of United.All of this and we still moan about playing bad.

We are running out of luck they say.You make your own luck and in every game this season the heads havent dropped and the team works hard.Sometines you get rewarded for your hard work.

Masch is still to come back,our keeper is on fire and at least one wide man is coming in.

Give the boss and players a break.In particular give Keane a break,we know he is premiership class,he has shown it and just needs few games with torres to get used to their roles.Give those two a chance.
    Our captain has been playing injured and 3 valuable squad and first team players have been at the olympics,

Patience is a virtue lads.

This is the best start we have had under rafa.If you want beautiful foootball and moral victories go support Arsenal.

> Dossena impressed me a lot when going forward

I dont think he has impressed that much when going forward though. Aurelio is more attack-minded in my book and can score a goal if required or take a free kick. Obviously it is early days with Dossena. He is still settling into the 'english' game, and every new player needs to be afforded the time to adjust. I give players about 10 competitive games and if they arent doing a job then in whatever roles they have been assigned, then we can judge. So far, the jury is still out on Dossena.

Its early days, but what we can tell is that we know Robbie fairly well, from his Spurs accomplishments and from what he does with Ireland. We also know that Rafa played a 4-2-3-1 system in the latter part of last season, and it worked well and suited Gerrard and Torres. Now this season with 20m spent on acquiring Robbie, we are playing a 4-4-2. Its a different system, so not only a change of personnel. The 4-4-2 system is not working as well as the 4-2-3-1 did. I think Robbie suited Spurs 4-4-2 system more than he suits Liverpool, as we so far arent as good at 4-4-2. We dont have a fast wide player ala Lennon. Torres has different attributes to Berbatov, who is more linking whereas Torres is more predatory able to beat a defender on a one on one and can pot off a shot with little backlift and with either foot. He's a lethal gem.

Robbie is a different type of player. He feeds off scraps, inside one-two's, he lets the ball drop onto the deck when coming off the shoulder of a defender. He is not fast, he is not good in the air. He is a little pocket of energy at times though in and around the box. BUT, I think he has peaked in his career. I dont think this was a wise move for Liverpool, or for Robbie himself career-wise.

So somethings have got to change. Robbie will have to improve PLUS Liverpool will have to get to grips with being good at a 4-4-2 system. That means improvements to Babel, or Kuyt, and the full backs. Its a lot to ask. So far, its not working out and we arer winning games with the magic of Torres or Gerrard or Kuyts knee. That cant last forever. The 4-2-3-1 was working well with the personnel that we had and still have. Thats why I couldnt fathom the purchase of Robbie when there were so many other areas of the pitch that needed strengthening. It was just the wrong solution for a problem we didnt have.

Now, granted, if Torres was injured we need a good replacement striker and Robbie could do a job there. But I dont think you can spend 20m on a sub striker for a 4-2-3-1 system and thats not what Rafa did. He bought him and changed the system, at least that's what he has done so far.

Lets see how things pan out, but so far, things aren't going well as far as Robbies assimilation is concerned ....

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

> Dossena impressed me a lot when going forward

I dont think he has impressed that much when going forward though. Aurelio is more attack-minded in my book and can score a goal if required or take a free kick. Obviously it is early days with Dossena. He is still settling into the 'english' game, and every new player needs to be afforded the time to adjust. I give players about 10 competitive games and if they arent doing a job then in whatever roles they have been assigned, then we can judge. So far, the jury is still out on Dossena.

Its early days, but what we can tell is that we know Robbie fairly well, from his Spurs accomplishments and from what he does with Ireland. We also know that Rafa played a 4-2-3-1 system in the latter part of last season, and it worked well and suited Gerrard and Torres. Now this season with 20m spent on acquiring Robbie, we are playing a 4-4-2. Its a different system, so not only a change of personnel. The 4-4-2 system is not working as well as the 4-2-3-1 did. I think Robbie suited Spurs 4-4-2 system more than he suits Liverpool, as we so far arent as good at 4-4-2. We dont have a fast wide player ala Lennon. Torres has different attributes to Berbatov, who is more linking whereas Torres is more predatory able to beat a defender on a one on one and can pot off a shot with little backlift and with either foot. He's a lethal gem.

Robbie is a different type of player. He feeds off scraps, inside one-two's, he lets the ball drop onto the deck when coming off the shoulder of a defender. He is not fast, he is not good in the air. He is a little pocket of energy at times though in and around the box. BUT, I think he has peaked in his career. I dont think this was a wise move for Liverpool, or for Robbie himself career-wise.

So somethings have got to change. Robbie will have to improve PLUS Liverpool will have to get to grips with being good at a 4-4-2 system. That means improvements to Babel, or Kuyt, and the full backs. Its a lot to ask. So far, its not working out and we arer winning games with the magic of Torres or Gerrard or Kuyts knee. That cant last forever. The 4-2-3-1 was working well with the personnel that we had and still have. Thats why I couldnt fathom the purchase of Robbie when there were so many other areas of the pitch that needed strengthening. It was just the wrong solution for a problem we didnt have.

Now, granted, if Torres was injured we need a good replacement striker and Robbie could do a job there. But I dont think you can spend 20m on a sub striker for a 4-2-3-1 system and thats not what Rafa did. He bought him and changed the system, at least that's what he has done so far.

Lets see how things pan out, but so far, things aren't going well as far as Robbies assimilation is concerned ....

Redspider

We don't even know if a 4-4-2 will be our preferred formation. I think it has been used thus far because of Mascherano's absence.
    When we have a fully fit squad i would expect Gerrard to take up one of the wide (albeit with a lot of freedom) roles in a 4-2-3-1. Keane would then slot into the central role behind Torres, with much alteration between the 3..

I'm not a big fan of Keane's but i think he'll do a good job for us once he settles. Needs a goal for confidence reasons, hopefully in next game or so. Otherwise people will start to scrutinise it. I'll bet he'll grab the first peno L'pool get this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

raven136 wrote: »
    Hate to say it but we are the most annoying fuc##ng fans in the world.

Crisis,what crisis,we are level on points with Chelsea,into the champions league and ahead of United.All of this and we still moan about playing bad.

We are running out of luck they say.You make your own luck and in every game this season the heads havent dropped and the team works hard.Sometines you get rewarded for your hard work.

Masch is still to come back,our keeper is on fire and at least one wide man is coming in.

Give the boss and players a break.In particular give Keane a break,we know he is premiership class,he has shown it and just needs few games with torres to get used to their roles.Give those two a chance.
    Our captain has been playing injured and 3 valuable squad and first team players have been at the olympics,

Patience is a virtue lads.

This is the best start we have had under rafa.If you want beautiful foootball and moral victories go support Arsenal.

QFT

It can be a very depressing thread at times :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

4-4-2, imo anyway, was only being played while Masch, Lucas and Babel were at the Olympics.

Word across the water is that the new stadium has been shelved and the yanks will make an announcement in the next couple of weeks to that effect.

****ing pair of sham artists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Aurelio ... can score a goal if required

Well let's hope he's required to score a few more in future. I know he's been injured a fair bit but 1 goal in 2 years isn't exactly a great track record.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Word across the water is that the new stadium has been shelved and the yanks will make an announcement in the next couple of weeks to that effect.

****ing pair of sham artists.

It can be a very depressing thread at times :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement