Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

gixerfixer wrote: »
    That's the thing. What if he isnt injured at all. Spain have easy games next week and with the kind of firepower they have up front they wouldnt miss Torres that much. Only throwing it out there. Thing for me is if he had a tear in his hamstring he wouldnt have walked of the pitch himself. Torres has had a very tough year games wise and had feck all break during the summer. If he wanted and needed the rest wouldnt it be to his advantage to take it now?

I think it ia highly unlikely that Torres' injury and substitution was planned.

It's also not true to say that he couldn't have walked off with a Hamstring gone. Might not even be torn, but a good pull on it will be enough to miss a week or two.

It's an injury that Torres risks with his explosions of pace. He tends to jog around a bit and then he's off. Hope it won't be a recurring problem.

Interesting to see the team if he misses out. Could be Keane in place of Torres and Gerrard in his position from last year, providing he's fit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

darkskol wrote: »
    Well so long Finnan sad to see you go, best of luck with Espanyol you have been a fine servant for the club over the last few years.

+1

He did a lot of work behind the scenes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Bye finnan.
    Lets home riera is as good a crosser of the ball as you are.
    If he's not we are ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

If Torres & Gerrard are fit, this is what I'd like to see against Man Utd.

Reina
    Arbeloa--Carra--Skyrtle-Dossena
    Masch--Alonso
    Gerrard----Keane
    Riera
    Torres

From the Liverpool website
    5. He made his Blues debut in a memorable 3-1 win at home to local rivals Manchester United on January 14, 2006. A similar result would be most welcome if he makes his Reds bow against the Red Devils on September 13.
    The omens are good ;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I don't think anyone is suggesting rafa planned to take torres off hit maybe it isn't as bad as were being told to stop h heading off for Spain not sure if torres would go for that though.

Arbeloa is a fantastic full back defensively but needs to improve his attacking and final ball. Finnan was the best attacking rb I'm the prem for 5/6 seasons but he is on his last legs IMHO and coming out of international retirement couldn't have helped his situation in rafas mind, he will leave a great player but it was his time to leave. I wish him re best in Spain and thank him for his fantastic service over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Jesus. If reports are true and the Man City new owners have more money than Abromavic i think we are in deep **** if we dont get H&G out. The club will be in serious trouble if we finish outside of the top 4 a couple of years in a row. Im beginning to think that Moores has possibley ruined the future of the club by not accepting the D.I.C. offer back in 2005. Just heard that City have signed Robinho from Real for 35 million:eek:.....whilst we have to sign freebies from Brazil.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They have not signed ANYONE yet, its all offers. But your points stands, DIC need to get thier skates on and hire assasins (they can afford Jason Borne).

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Devilman

To be honest I don't think DIC will make an offer soon. I have a very uncomfortable feeling that they may wait and see if we don't qualify for the CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Devilman wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think DIC will make an offer soon. I have a very uncomfortable feeling that they may wait and see if we don't qualify for the CL.

Liverpool have qualified for the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

DIC wont be arsed if we didnt make the CL. They want to build the club up, not being in the CL would mean they would lose out on a few million for a year but also mean they could pick the club up cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Devilman

I'm talking about 2009/2010 CL.

SSN say we're still working on another deal, nobody knows who though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Sky hinting that Liverpool may do a late deal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Fingers crossed Arshavin

Probably Pennant???

gernon wrote: »
    Sky hinting that Liverpool may do a late deal

They are saying there is people in the offices at the ground. I'd say it's just sky stirring it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It's David Villa i tell ya.

Rafa is gonna stick him at RB!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Id rather hope its somebody coming in than them reporting a transfer out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's obviously another 17 year old Hungarian, Rafa is collecting them.

Probably a central midfielder as well. ;)

• Advertisement

zAbbo wrote: »
    It's obviously another 17 year old Hungarian, Rafa is collecting them.

Probably a central midfielder as well. ;)

Yeah they're like pokemon :pac:

Any news on Pennant, he turned down stoke, who offered 5m - he's holding out for Blackburn though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Considering we were willing to pay £18m for Barry, that still leaves £11m/£12m after buying Riera and selling Finnan. C'mon Rafa, let's please the disgruntled Pool fans

(though I can't see anyone who he'd want now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Course Sky would say that... they just want to keep us all watching.
    We're done in this Transfer Window... end of story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

flanzer wrote: »
    Considering we were willing to pay £18m for Barry, that still leaves £11m/£12m after buying Riera and selling Finnan. C'mon Rafa, let's please the disgruntled Pool fans

(though I can't see anyone who he'd want now)

That £18,000,000 was a loan we secured.
    When we never bought Barry, we never took the loan AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I think we are

• Advertisement

Course Sky would say that... they just want to keep us all watching.

Boooo!!!! :)

1. Riera is known as Spain's answer to Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing but when among friends he goes by the nickname of 'Flossy'.

2. Albert was born on April 15, 1982 and shares his birthday with actress Emma Watson and former Blue Peter presenter Katy Hill.

3. Riera can boast to have matched new teammate Steven Gerrard's achievement of scoring in a UEFA Cup final. However, unlike Stevie, it would prove to be a bitter-sweet occasion for the winger, as Espanyol eventually succumbed to a penalty shoot-out defeat in the 2007 final against Sevilla. The match had ended 2-2 after extra-time.

4. Albert can already claim to have some Barclays Premier League experience having made 15 appearances for Manchester City after spending some of the 2005-06 season on loan at the club.

5. He made his Blues debut in a memorable 3-1 win at home to local rivals Manchester United on January 14, 2006. A similar result would be most welcome if he makes his Reds bow against the Red Devils on September 13.

6. Riera managed just one goal under City boss at the time Stuart Pearce, when he opened the scoring in a 3-0 win at home to Newcastle on February 1, 2006.

7. Guillem Balague believes the winger will make the most of his second spell in the Premier League after claiming City did not take full advantage of the 26-year-old's strengths. "He was not given the opportunity to play in his natural, attacking, position at City," he wrote on his website. "He spent his time there being used as a wing back: his natural position is a winger in a 4-2-3-1 formation."

8. Albert hails from the island of Mallorca and comes from a town called Manacor, which, incidentally, is the same place where tennis star Rafael Nadal was born.

9. Riera has already sampled the famous Anfield atmosphere after playing 77 minutes of City's 1-0 defeat away to Liverpool in the 2005-06 campaign. Harry Kewell was the Reds' goalscorer that day while Joey Barton was sent off for the visitors.

10. Albert scored his one and only international goal in Spain's 3-1 win away to Denmark in a European Championship qualifier on October 13, 2007. He has five caps for his country to date.

From he homesite

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

voronin to hertha? missed that earlier.

Wake up at the back!

Mike

ninja edit ftw!

• Advertisement

Sky Sports stream in case any reds news comes in - http://www.justin.tv/eminem152ndpage

would've given phb's right ball if we could've signed SWP and robinho tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

copacetic wrote: »
    would've given phb's right ball if we could've signed SWP and robinho tbh.

For David Villa, id say take the whole crotch.

Just read on RAWK from a very reliable poster that H&G are back in talks with D.I.C. about a possible sale.

Pity it couldnt have been done last night

Just read on RAWK from a very reliable poster that H&G are back in talks with D.I.C. about a possible sale.

Insha'Allah

(Just getting into the right frame of mind!;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres been about 10 "relaible sources" quoted on here over the last few months as saying that deals were imminent and it was only matter of hours/days.

I'll believe it when I see i.

Saw that. Everything crossed. Its gonna be a mad power struggle between oil zillionairs.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

From the BBC:
    "Can confirm that the lights are definitely on at Liverpool offices, and Michael Owen deal to be announced shortly."

I would be very happy with that!

Insha'Allah

(Just getting into the right frame of mind!;))

lol... and one one for the americans

hanik omak ibn sharmoota...
    From the BBC:

not really from the beeb, someone sent that in and i wouldnt put any faith in it...

• Advertisement

From the BBC:

Are we laying bets?

I'll go heavily against (betting wise, playing wise I'd like anyone who scores goals)

Melion wrote: »
    Pity it couldnt have been done last night

Would have been nice alright. Only a matter of time now. H&G are small time now.

From the BBC:

Really hope not

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It'd need to be very shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

haha medalion man owen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

pele just signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Well Rafa did reveal last season that he had a choice between a 12 million Owen and a 20 million Torres and chose Torres.

Adding Owen to the ranks now for a relatively small fee would be a great move in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Can confirm that the lights are definitely on at Liverpool offices, and Michael Owen deal to be announced shortly

I didnt know the physios were that bored.... :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

From he homesite

Hope Riera doesn't like to get drunk celebrating his birthday. It has a bigger meaning now than just being his birthday.

Also, that transfer lad in the studio at SSN reminds me of David brent.

• Advertisement

DaBreno wrote: »
    I didnt know the physios were that bored.... :pac:

I bet the lights are on a timer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement