Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Im not jumping on the Lucas bashing bandwagon,he is 21 and has played 33 times for the club(numerous as sub).
    He is not primarlily a defensive midfielder and was described as quite a coup for Liverpool to get him.
    He was/is one of the highest rated young players in Brazil and was voted player of the tournament in the Brazil and the youngest player ever to win this honour.
    Since when does less than 40 games decide if player is good enough or not,and remember he is a kid.
    I have great hope and in a couple of years time when he is 24 or so we could be looking at a real star,give the guy a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Where is redspider gone to there has not been a post since the start of the month? - I always thought his post were well reasoned even if I didn't agree with all of the points of view raised.

Would be interesting to see what the verdict on the Manchester/CL games was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

The next time Kuyt's name is mentioned in relation to a transfer, a new thread will be started.
    Be warned.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

With Lucas anyone think it might be worth playing him in the centre of the three in a 4-2-3-1 maybe in one of the cups?

Trying to figure out the team for the Stoke game for Fantasy Rafa is going my head in. Trying to weigh the balance of resting some players versus the need to make sure the three points are picked up is damm tricky.

RustySpoon wrote: »
    Where is redspider gone to there has not been a post since the start of the month? - I always thought his post were well reasoned even if I didn't agree with all of the points of view raised.

Would be interesting to see what the verdict on the Manchester/CL games was.

he is gone to irishkop.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Lucas will come good.
    The guy oozes confidence and ability.
    He just needs to get the aplication right!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

he is gone to irishkop.com

The sensible option, what with the signal to noise ratio around these parts!

The sensible option, what with the signal to noise ratio around these parts!

a football forum where you can talk actually about football most of the time,who'd have thunk it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

IrishMike is another who has jumped ship (or was he pushed?)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Whats with all this defecting to other forums?

Surely the juvenile rants that occupy the liverpool thread are all that we need.

They'l be back. They will miss the bickering.

They will miss the way a poster with a post count of 87 inadvertently says something bad about a liverpool player and how the liverpool "faithfull" descend on him with teeth bared and keyboards armed.

They'l be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I just don't like the IrishKop forums for some reason. Will be staying here me thinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Whats with all this defecting to other forums?

Surely the juvenile rants that occupy the liverpool thread are all that we need.

They'l be back. They will miss the bickering.

They will miss the way a poster with a post count of 87 inadvertently says something bad about a liverpool player and how the liverpool "faithfull" descend on him with teeth bared and keyboards armed.

They'l be back.

Cause its just pathetic having to look at the ramblings of people like boggles and noodler etc who dont have a clue what they are talking about, just coming into threads looking for a reaction. A lot of decent lads who follow Liverpool have stopped posting in here.

Melion wrote: »
    Cause its just pathetic having to look at the ramblings of people like boggles and noodler etc who dont have a clue what they are talking about, just coming into threads looking for a reaction. A lot of decent lads who follow Liverpool have stopped posting in here.

Now that's not true Melion.

Noodler is an expert on Degen, and Boogles knows more about the difference between left and right than anyone else!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Im on Irishkop as well as here. I tend to post there more often than here due to the amount of complete planks who are on the Liverpool forum for one reason and thats to stir sh*te (you know who you are). Just dont get it. I never post on the man u thread or most other teams for that matter as i dont really give two ***** about those teams. Still at least we can get a good laugh from them :). There is actually one poster here who posts on the Liverpool thread nearly as much as he does his own teams thread.:rolleyes: Obsessed much?

They post here because they get a reaction.

Just ****ing ignore them.

I dont understand it. Its so obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

In fairness I lost the will to post in here, some very sensitive sorts about. One bit of advice thou, maybe if you did less bítchíng and more posting about FOOTBALL the place could actually be more enjoyable.

Noodler is an expert on Degen, and Boogles knows more about the difference between left and right than anyone else!;)

If this Thread and Karmafaerie has thought me anything thou, is that Vorinon is a world class midfielder. God bless you Sir! ;)

Boggles wrote: »

In fairness I lost the will to post in here, some very sensitive sorts about. One bit of advice thou, maybe if you did less bítchíng and more posting about FOOTBALL the place could actually be more enjoyable.

If this Thread and Karmafaerie has thought me anything thou, is that Vorinon is a world class midfielder. God bless you Sir! ;)

Hey, he ruled the roost in the UEFA cup the other night.
    Playing in the exact role the Stevie G plays for us.

I never once said he was worldclass (come on like!:P).
    I simply stated (correctly) that he's an attacking midfielder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ooohhhh professor hypocrite is back on form then.

why do so many ppl have you on their ignore lists boggles? are they all over sensitive? somehow i doubt it

Jazzy wrote: »
    ooohhhh professor hypocrite is back on form then.

why do so many ppl have you on their ignore lists boggles? are they all over sensitive? somehow i doubt it

Thank God, thought something happened you. Usually your stalking posts are far more immediate. :p

I don't know if it has been said but Gerrard is going for is 100th goal tommorow, odds are shíté thou at 7/4, would have been worth a punt otherwise.

We'd all miss Boogles if he left.
    I mean, the Liverpool thread is the fastest thread here, and at least quarter of that is down to Boogles.
    He can make one post and have a dozen people respond to it before he gets a chance to post again.

'tis a rare talent!:)

I remember going to lunch once, and coming back 30 mins later and the thread had jumped forward 4 pages!:p

• Advertisement

We'd all miss Boogles if he left.
    I mean, the Liverpool thread is the fastest thread here, and at least quarter of that is down to Boogles.
    He can make one post and have a dozen people respond to it before he gets a chance to post again.

'tis a rare talent!:)

I remember going to lunch once, and coming back 30 mins later and the thread had jumped forward 4 pages!:p

Sure without me poor Jazzy would have nothing to post. :D

Its hard to post anything relevant about football when sifting through all the bollox you've posted before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Its hard to post anything relevant about football when sifting through all the bollox you've posted before hand.

Lol. It's funny because it's true :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Heh!! Howdy all!! Haven't been around in a while, good to see feck all has changed in here :pac:. I've only read this page so far :eek: :pac:

Edit: anyone summarise the last 30 odd pages or so for me :pac:

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Heh!! Howdy all!! Haven't been around in a while, good to see feck all has changed in here :pac:. I've only read this page so far :eek: :pac:

As if it ever could change.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

As if it ever could change.:)

Aye tis like a scab, ya just can't stop pickin' at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

SoS have held a 4 hour meeting with Rafa in the last couple of days, discussing their worries about the club. More details will follow i'm sure. But one of the reps said;
    one thing to say though - this man loves the football club more than we can imagine

They really are making leaps and bounds for a group that was set up so recently.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

after just over 5 months without tv I've managed to get Sky Digital HD - with every ****ing channel they over and the setanta package - hooked up to my tv via HDMI and I am goinging to enjoy the match and relax in comfort. now only 3 more hours of work to kill.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mr Alan wrote: »
    SoS have held a 4 hour meeting with Rafa in the last couple of days, discussing their worries about the club. More details will follow i'm sure. But one of the reps said;

They really are making leaps and bounds for a group that was set up so recently.

They are a great bunch,I have meet alot of the lads at the top of SOS and they are a super bunch doing great work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Am off to the game soon. Hoping to see robbie get off the mark, having said that, they are not looking too bad. Will be up there early enough, will any of the Irish kop boyos be there Dub ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Will be up there early enough, will any of the Irish kop boyos be there Dub ?

Yes we have about 80 lads at this one,about 30 coming through Birmingham and renting a bus up and back tonight lets hope it works out this week.The other 50 doing a day trip via holyhead.I have to miss this on as I have something on tonight,this is the first home game of the season I am missing...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Edit: anyone summarise the last 30 odd pages or so for me :pac:

duty_calls.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The game is on Setanta Sports 1 innit ?

Setanta Ireland i think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Thank God, thought something happened you. Usually your stalking posts are far more immediate. :p

I don't know if it has been said but Gerrard is going for is 100th goal tommorow, odds are shíté thou at 7/4, would have been worth a punt otherwise.

i like this whole

business which ur at lately. its real like "no way girlfriend" stuff.

• Advertisement

should have rotated more today :(

Alan you killed the thread, well done ;)

So, teams for Crewe?

Cavalieri

Degen
    Insua
    Agger
    San Jose

Plessis
    Spearing

El Zhar
    Pacheco
    Yossi

Keane(just to get him off the mark)/Nemeth

Bench - Reina, Skrtel, Riera, Alonso, Gerrard, Kuyt, Babel (just in case!)

Mike.

Can see Riera and Keane getting a start. As well as Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

lets hope we put out a good team, a comfortable win would be nice for once!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'd start Alonso (probably his best chance of a goal from his own half this season :)) and definately Keane so he can have a good shout at a goal, especially as he was so poor yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Missed the game at the weekend, but caught some highlights, didn't look like we played too badly.

A bit doom and gloom in some reports, Glanced at someone's S*n in from of me this morning, and there was a usual dig at the reds.

Still 11 points from 15 is good and the unbeaten run continues even when we're not firing on all cylinders.

The incoming players have yet to gel, and I'm still optimistic, I think too many people (media/other fans) are looking to the end of the season, when it's still only September. We're taking one game at a time, and if we can get a good run together we should do well.

I don't see this squad fearing anyone, but they do need to get that killer instinct back from last season.

also worth pointing out that rafas team against stoke was pretty much the strongest available. he's going for it this year.

not sure if this was mentioned here (did i mention it?)

Benitez meets with SOS
    Sep 20 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ has met with representatives from the Spirit of Shankly to outline his vision for the future at Liverpool.

The Reds boss held lengthy talks with four leading members of SOS at Melwood on Thursday afternoon and he described the meeting as “very positive”.

Benitez told SOS that he wants to give Liverpool’s fans greater opportunities to watch the club’s young players developing by having stands built at the Academy in Kirkby.

And he also told them of his happiness at Anfield and of his desire to lead Liverpool to even greater success in the years to come.

“It was a very positive meeting and I explained how happy I am with the new staff – Sammy, keeping the spirit of Shankly alive – but also Pellegrino, Paco de Miguel and Xavi Valero for their new ideas,” said Benitez.

“We were also talking about the future and I told them about my idea to build stands at the Academy so that our fans can go to Kirkby to see the reserve team and the players.

“These are things that can improve the spirit of the club but also improve the experience of the players so that they know that they are with a top club with a lot of tradition and a great history.

“We were also talking about ideas to improve the club, trying to be positive and work together.”

The talks with Benitez were the latest in a trio of appointments that SOS have had with senior Liverpool officials, following on from earlier meetings with owner George Gillett and chief exec Rick Parry.

In what is a clear sign of the progress the fans union has made since being established earlier this year, it is also apparent that SOS is being taken seriously by club officials and the manager
    anyone on RAOTL check out the threads involving Bascombe from sunday. some ****ing messy situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

On paper you'd say same ol Liverpool as the last number of years dropping points against inferior opposition who have no ambition other than to keep a clean sheet. The reality I think at the weekend is that Liverpool made the chances to win the game and just didn't take them. small setback but things are still looking bright for them. Keane needs a goal though, his lack of goals is beginning to drag on a bit.

Mr Alan is starting to repeat himself (first sign of ga-ga!)

Mike

tell me about it Mike, turned 24 yesterday and i think i am going soft in the head already, can only imagine wat you're like at this stage ;)

Just so you know, AFAIK the 7 subs rule doesn't work in the domestic cups.
    Just the Prem and Europe.
    Only 5 on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

Alan you killed the thread, well done ;)

So, teams for Crewe?

Cavalieri

Degen
    Insua
    Agger
    San Jose

Plessis
    Spearing

El Zhar
    Pacheco
    Yossi

Keane(just to get him off the mark)/Nemeth

That team is a bit too weak IMO

Cavalieri

Degan
    Insua
    Hyypia
    Agger

Plessis
    Lucas

Yossi
    Gerrard
    Pennant

Keane

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not sure if Pennant is going to get a run out. I think he's just going to be sitting on the sidelines until he figures out its time to accept an offer that is received for him.

I'd like to see him doing well at Liverpool, if he got his act together and showed some form having him on the right would be a huge advantage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement